Your OH's favorite meals/lunches?

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
DH brings home work buddies at lunch sometimes and Idk what to make for them. They came home today and I made frozen pizzas :dohh: So not like me but it was last min and I didn't know what else to make. DH likes me to impress his friends with my cooking and sort of "show off" and make him look good. I don't mind. I'm a SAHM and cooking is what I do best anyway. I need some hearty ideas that are tasty but not too frou frou :thumbup:

Paninis or toasted sandwich
Soups and have some nice bread
Wraps
Salads
Pasta
Burgers
Risotto
Omelettes

My OH would eat anything to be fair! He works too far away to bring friends back for lunch, but if he did they'd probably be getting sandwiches and tea, or a frozen pizza too!

Dh loves burgers, so he would be happy with that. xxx

I would make big one pots that you could put on in the morning and forget about - a casserole, or soup. I like minestrone soup because you can switch up the veg you put in depending on what you have, and if it's wintery where you are go for lentil and bacon, or pumpkin/squash flavours. If your DH is a meataholic (like mine!) then stew and dumplings?

Homemade pizza or burgers?

Have some homemade spaghetti sauce that you can freeze and re-heat. Everybody loves a good, meaty home made spaghetti sauce. haha

I make a honey sesame chicken meal from a recipe that I found in the All You magazine. Usually pair it with rice (the honey sesame sauce left over from the chicken is excellent on the rice too) and broccoli like in the picture. Hubby goes nuts over it; some weeks we have it twice! It's super easy to make too, and delicious.

https://img4-3.myrecipes.timeinc.net/i/recipes/ay/13/05/honey-sesame-chicken-ay-l.jpg

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/honey-sesame-chicken-cutlets-50400000127800/

I dont know id be quite mad if my OH brought friends home and expected me to make them all their lunch :shrug: thats just me a suppose :) some great suggestions above for what to make. :flower:

Some of my hubby's (and mine) favourite lunches are:

Wraps -tuna and sweetcorn, spicy chicken with rocket and mayo etc.

Quesidillas and a side salad.

Bruscetta- tomato, basil and olive oil, or my favourite-> Crab bruschetta (mix crab, tinned will do, with olive oil, fresh basil, finely diced red onion, salt, pepper, a pinch of chilli, fresh chopped tomatoes, not tinned). Take the ciabbatta slice, rub with a clove of garlic, drizzle on olive oil, toast then spread the crab mixture on it. Serve with rocket.

Home made soup.

Quiche and salad.

Omlettes.

Italian meats, Italian cheese, olives, crusty bread, sun-dried tomatoes.

:flower:

My DH likes things like chicken and chips or fish with pasta.

But I think your DH has to accept that if he insists on bringing his mates home for lunch at the last minute that they're not always going to get the best kind of meal. Maybe it would be better if he planned it in advance and give you some ideas of what he wanted :flower:

I feel as a SAHM it's really no big deal. I mean seriously, what else am I doing? I'd rather him come home to eat than going out and spending a bunch of money. I don't stress out. I'm a wife and I'm here to make my husband happy. It's not like I work or have 3 kids to chase around. I think some wives get offended a little to easy just because their husband wants a little favor. It's not like he was demanding about it or is abusive. Then yeah, be upset.

That day was last min but that was just by chance. We are having problems with our neighbor and building too close to our property. They poured some of the concrete and he had to come take some pics on his lunch to send in to the home owner's association. His friend's he usually eats lunch with tagged along. They didn't mind the pizza but I was embarrassed it's all we had. I mean three grown men and two small pizzas? :dohh: They were the little tostino's like 7in party pizzas. They cut into about 4 small pieces each.

They all appreciated it an said it was nice and felt more like a break. I told DH just let me know a little sooner next time so I could make a real meal and set the table :thumbup:

I love to cook but hubby's favourite dish is sausage, egg and chips. Not much that can be done there. Lol.

Spent over £1,000 on good quality knives and pans and I barely get to sue them. :(

You could also make frittatas with savoury rice or warm salad such as bacon and apple (beautiful with honey and balsamic vinegar).

I'm not going to be much help - I was trying to think of my OH's favorite meals and thought "well he loves all food." So I asked him to be sure, "what are your favorite meals?" and sure enough, he answered, "food." :dohh:

But he does especially love when I make:
Chili
Spaghetti Bolognese
Chipotle, shrimp & tomato cream pasta
Baked fish
Burgers

But he's kind of a foodie so will happily eat anything, and he loves to cook and experiment too.

DH favourite dinners are:

Cheesy Baked Enchiladas.
Szechuan Kung Po Chicken with onions, peppers and roasted cashew nuts.
Pepperoni Pizza
Chicken Curry
Chilli with rice/chips
Sausage dinner ie a roast dinner but with sausages instead of roast meat.
Steak and peppercorn sauce.

My OH's favourites are -

- Cottage pie
- Lasagne
- Chicken&white wine pasta
- Chicken curry
- Sweet and sour chicken

xx

My oh's are:
Brie and bacon baguettes
Chilli and rice
Curry
Pasta with sundries tomatoes and feta cheese
Wraps

Actually he would eat anything lol x

DH eats everything, he's easy to feed, but his favs are:
Baked/boiled ham, cabbage & potatoes, not my fav at all.
Duck in an orange sauce with potatoes & veg
Salmon with noodles & sweet & sour sauce & veg
Cod, mash potatoes, green beans & carrots
Chicken/beef curry & chips & naan bread

Ditto in that oh is easy to please current favourites are

BBQ shredded pork
Fajitas
Lasagne

I have no idea what my DHs favourites are....at a guess;

Chicken & Pea risotto
Enchiladas
Cottage Pie
Puff pastry pizza with wedges
Lasagne

For lunch, OH appreciates things like spaghetti and (beef) meatballs or jacket potatoes but those aren't particularly quick to make. How about home made frozen pizzas? SO much nicer than shop bought ones so you can show off a bit, but still very quick and easy - https://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2012/02/homemade-frozen-pizza.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->