Your opinion please!

lewela152

Reaction score
Well, this is baby no6 for me, so far I have 5 boys Macauley, Ryan, Joshua, Jayden & Rio. Am currently pregnant with a girl :happydance: but having a hard time naming her. I really like Maddison and DH likes Tilly. We have quite a long surname (Silverthorne) but was thinking of putting the names together so she'd be Maddison Tilly Silverthorne. Does it sound silly or too long? Neither of us can think of a middle name to go with the 1st name we like so at least this way we get to use the names we both like. DH says Tilly Maddison sounds better but I prefer them the other way round. Opinions please!!

Oh wow, I love the name Tilly! That being said, where I'm from it might be considered more of a "childish" name. For instance, I wouldn't name a child "Melly," I would name her Melanie then call her by the nickname. So I think I like it better as "Maddison Tilly." That way, if you want to call her "Tilly," she'd always have the option of switching to just "Maddison" later on in life.
Both are beautiful names, though!

That's what I thought about Tilly, its great for a little girl but as she gets older it might not suit as much, where as Maddison can be shortened to Maddi when she's young and then Maddison as she gets older. Thank you for your opinion NawlinsMama

First of all, congratulations on your :pink:! Must be hard with all that testosterone in the house!

When i first got my BFP, i was set on the name Madison Amelia (like i basically told OH not to bother thinking about the name, baby would be called Madison Amelia. :haha: At that point i didnt even know the gender. Anyway, scans revealed boy/girl twins. Now we're naming our girl Aoife Marya Noelle.

I'm not fond on Tilly/Milly/Molly as a first name, but i think they can be great as middle names. Maddison Tilly Silverthorne sounds lovely! Good Luck! :flower:

OMG xSarahM, that is exactly what I wanted to call her!! DH soon put his 2 pence worth in and said a definate No to Amelia, I dont know why though, I think its a lovely name.

I dont mean to sound rude but I cant pronounce your chosen girls name but I must say it looks very pretty and feminine written down. Also love your choice of boys name but I might be just a little biased as I also have a Joshua.

OMG xSarahM, that is exactly what I wanted to call her!! DH soon put his 2 pence worth in and said a definate No to Amelia, I dont know why though, I think its a lovely name.

I dont mean to sound rude but I cant pronounce your chosen girls name but I must say it looks very pretty and feminine written down. Also love your choice of boys name but I might be just a little biased as I also have a Joshua.

Thank you, its Irish and its pronounced Ee-fa :flower: i'm sure i'll be telling alot of people how to pronounce/spell it :haha: I obviously love the name Joshua, but honestly the biggest reason i picked it was because it's my brothers name :)

@lewela152: I named my daughter Brinlee. It's Welsh and means burnt meadow. Not the coolest meaning but she was named after and dear friend. feel free to use it! Of course you can spell it anyway you wish.

Well, this is baby no6 for me, so far I have 5 boys Macauley, Ryan, Joshua, Jayden & Rio. Am currently pregnant with a girl :happydance: but having a hard time naming her. I really like Maddison and DH likes Tilly. We have quite a long surname (Silverthorne) but was thinking of putting the names together so she'd be Maddison Tilly Silverthorne. Does it sound silly or too long? Neither of us can think of a middle name to go with the 1st name we like so at least this way we get to use the names we both like. DH says Tilly Maddison sounds better but I prefer them the other way round. Opinions please!!

I think Maddison Tilly Silverthorne sounds wonderful!! :flower: I prefer it over Tilly Maddison, and agree with you that it sounds better with Tilly as a middle name. Congrats on getting that girl!!!!!! With all those big brothers you guys won't have to worry about her dating during her teenage years! haha

Congrats on getting that girl!!!!!! With all those big brothers you guys won't have to worry about her dating during her teenage years! haha

I have 5 older brothers myself and I must admit they did make dating rather hard for me. Always giving the protective big brother speech "if you ever hurt her...." etc :lol: Gotta love em though :hugs:

Congrats on getting that girl!!!!!! With all those big brothers you guys won't have to worry about her dating during her teenage years! haha

I have 5 older brothers myself and I must admit they did make dating rather hard for me. Always giving the protective big brother speech "if you ever hurt her...." etc :lol: Gotta love em though :hugs:

LOL I bet!! What a spoiled little girl this will be indeed!!! How exciting for your family, congrats!

My friend that I danced with was the youngest of 6. The only girl as well. Her mom told me that when she first got married she had told her husband that she wasn't stopping until they had a girl. lol

I love the name Maddison/Madison... i also love Addison & Madelyn!

Tilly is cute, but not as a full name... or for an adult...

I've heard people on here go with Matilda, nn. Tilly (you might like that? although i don't)

"Tilly Maddison" reminds me of the Adam Sandler movie: "Billy Madison"

I have to admit... i much prefer Maddison Amelia... but Maddison Tilly sounds fine too! At least that way OH should be happy too!

Congrats on your :pink: bundle!

My friend has a "Madison Elizabeth" & i also know a "Madison Grace"

Personally, i like:

Madison Paige
Madison Sophia
Madison Alexis

@lewela152: I named my daughter Brinlee. It's Welsh and means burnt meadow. Not the coolest meaning but she was named after and dear friend. feel free to use it! Of course you can spell it anyway you wish.

Brinlee is a gorgeous name! Love it!

I think you've just inspired me to add the name "Brynlee" to my list! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back