Your Partner - Durring Labour & Delivery

linzi, do u not have a sister close friend who cud go in too :( :hugs:

Nope no sisters, my best mate and my mum are on holiday when Im due! All my other mates are 100 miles away and probably would miss it. Im not that bothered though, just 1 less person to embarras myself in front of!

xxx

The most important thing for me was for my DH to know all my birthing wishes and be my "voice" through birth. When in labour I just space out and can't express my wishes properly, so I trained my DH well before the birth and he sort of spoke for me when I couldn't. Like: "No she doesn't want that" and "can she try the gas & air?" etc. I told the midwives when I arrived at the hospital that they should listen to him.

There wasn't much for him to do for me, I didn't like squeezing his hand or anything like what you see in the movies. Just having him there and caring for me the best he could was enough for me.

My OH was brilliant when our DD & DS were born, he was really supportive & helped to keep me calm. When DS was born i was stood up for most of the time & he just held me up, good job he is so strong, lol. I'm hopeing he will be able to do the same this time, as it really helped my labour progress quickly being able to stand up for as long as possible!

He has also been the one to tell me if we have a boy or girl each time too!

My husband and I are doing the Bradley Method classes right now. It's called Husband Coached Childbirth, there is a book by the same name. He doesn't like blood or hospitals or me in pain, so we also hired a doula. I think between her and the classes it will be fine.

This has brought back memories!!!!!

With Rachel I'd been induced so they told OH it would be a few hours before anything would start to happen, well he went away around the DIY stores and came back 2 hrs later to find I wasn't in the ward but was in the labour suite half an hour away from Rachel being born, I was not amused :devil:.

The hair on his head was also used to grip onto, at one point his face was almost touching the bed I'd pulled his head down that far. I remember him shouting at me to let go of him. Everything happened so quick I couldn't handle the pain.

Apart from that he was great!!!!!!! He was the first to hold Rachel and he took her while I got all stitched up and sorted out. Bless him. xx

My DH is my comfort and my companion. Seeing me in pain will not be easy for him, but he has promised to be there for me and help me in whatever I need. I just want him there with me.

lol my mum told me that when she was having contractions with me or my bro (I forget who) my selfish dad said "can you check my pulse too" then got up on the bed with my mum saying he was tired and stuff, so the midwife told him "your wife is having a baby etc etc!!" she was PISSED OFF apparently.

the sort of birthing partner you don't want ^^ lol

My dh was there keeping me from killing my mother and he also had to hold one of my legs in the air for about a 1/2 hr while I pushed our dd out. So that would be a pretty big role if you asked me lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->