Your plan on sex after baby?

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
ASSUMING everything works out fine, there's no complications and so forth, I'm thinking the longest I can wait to have sex after baby is two weeks.

What is your plan? Do you plan to take the full 6 weeks or are you going to cheat like me?

(Already discussed this with midwives, she has given me the thumbs up ASSUMING everything goes fine in labor and post checkup)

I'm going to try to wait until I'm cleared, but not sure if I'll be able to :) I think we were able to wait until about 4 weeks after DS was born. The only thing keeping us from it before that was the fact that I had a C-section and was still pretty sore. Guess we will see how it goes ;)

I was cleared after 3 weeks and we tried it. I was surprised at how emotionally I wasn't ready for it. Baby woke up near the end and I was torn, do we finish or tend to the baby and I just ended up crying. It was pretty awful and threw me off guard because we've always had a healthy sex life. By 6 weeks my hormones had settled down and things were back to normal and we haven't had an issue since.

Our baby is 3 wks old. We are waiting the full 6 wks plus a few days for my gp appt to sort out contraception. Definitely do not want any accidents happening on this end! But can't wait for sex!!! It's been since July a I was on pelvic rest. It feels like forever

I usually wait until after all bleeding/ discharge has stopped. It's been a little different with each baby, but at least 3 wks. I know that doesn't put everyone off, but I prefer to wait til then. Besides, there are other things that can be done instead of actual intercourse. :)

I plan to wait until we're cleared, hopefully that'll be sooner than the 6 week mark. At least until all the bleed and gunk is done, I would be grossed out.

We waited till 5 days with the last baby which was when bleeding stopped.

My bleeding stopped day 3/4 this time but i want to start the pill before any actions start, im to scared to fall pregnant.

We aren't told to wait 6 weeks in the uk, they usually ask at the 6 week check if you have had any problems with sex and what contraception you use/plan.
We waited a week/just under, the lochia was no longer red and only enough for a pant liner.
It was fine.
xx

I had an episiotomy with my DD so sex was off the menu for quite a while. I'm hoping this time things go smoothly and I can get back into the swing of things quite quickly.

I honestly don't know how you ladies can even think of sex! Lol! Oh course, I've not been very active in the sex department for years. I just can't get into it. I feel I'm the only one. And anything we do is usually out of pity cause I know its not fair to my husband. I think I will wait as long as possible. I just haven't enjoyed sex in years. :(

We don't get told to wait to have sex here and contraception is discusses by the midwife at the first home visit.

I had c-sections so didn't have any vaginal trauma to deal with, we had sex at 7 weeks with my son and 9 days with my daughter.

I honestly don't know how you ladies can even think of sex! Lol! Oh course, I've not been very active in the sex department for years. I just can't get into it. I feel I'm the only one. And anything we do is usually out of pity cause I know its not fair to my husband. I think I will wait as long as possible. I just haven't enjoyed sex in years. :(

I go through phases like that and certain parts of pregnancy and definitely breastfeeding altered my hormones so I didn't feel like it, plus exhaustion etc can get in the way...
But it can be rekindled if you both try, ok long term it probably isn't going to be like the first year or two, but honestly the more sex you have the more you want to have.
xx

I'm hoping I can get back to normal quicker this time. With my son it took me and OH 10 months until we were able to do it again and that was with numbing cream :dohh:

I go through phases like that and certain parts of pregnancy and definitely breastfeeding altered my hormones so I didn't feel like it, plus exhaustion etc can get in the way...
But it can be rekindled if you both try, ok long term it probably isn't going to be like the first year or two, but honestly the more sex you have the more you want to have.
xx
Yep this is so true!

You could try doing new things too to spice it up a bit, you might enjoy it :) the more you do it though the more you'll actually WANT to do it :hugs:

I'm hoping to bounce back rather quickly this time. With my DD is was the full 6 weeks. I tore from end to end and then some so.... That wasn't happening.

With our DS he wasn't ready. Had a lot happen in a matter on months so we waited a good 4 weeks.

But it's been so long now. I'm not sure I can wait!! We haven't done anything in so long!!

I told him to prepare because next month I was going to abuse him. :)

Hell he's not coming anywhere near me! :haha:

We wont be doing anything until contraception is sorted. I don't want any more after this one x

Lol I'm not sure that's something that can be planned, but the main reason I wouldn't have dreamt of sex after 2 weeks (apart from the psychological issues of being scared lol) is I was still bleeding quite a bit then. I didn't stop bleeding till 7 weeks. Also being pretty engorged and full of milk. I wouldn't put too much pressure on yourselves either way, even if you physically come away from birth unscathed as I did there's lots of other factors that can make it impractical to think about it so soon and the pressure might disappoint you, of course others manage it. Our normal sex life resumed after about 8 weeks with our second and 12 weeks with our first but tbh it didn't need to take that long but my husband was working away, was good to stop bleeding and be able to sort contraception though as I had a coil fitted. Equally, having kids has never interfered with our sex lives either (part from those first couple months) so don't worry if you're not having sex for a few weeks, doesn't mean that's what it'll be like for ever!

Also, I'm Uk and I was advised to wait 6 weeks both times, normal vaginal deliveries, didn't even have any tears second time.

Lol I was so freaked out after I had my son... We didn't dtd until he was just over 8 months old!! Sex was SO far from my mind after having a watermelon pass out of my vagina!!

Hopefully no tearing this time around so we can have a better sex life sooner. We tried dtd 2ish months after the birth but I was so tense it just didn't work. I was not ready emotionally and ended up crying because I was so exhausted with hormones ablaze still and my body wasn't healed from tearing so bad.

Good for you ladies who were ready sooner! It gives me hope things could be different this time around!!

My gosh you ladies are brave! I gave birth 2.5 weeks ago and cant even bare to think about that right now! I did have a 2nd degree tear though so had stitches. Had an episiotomy with my dd and waited 9 weeks before i felt ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->