Your plan on sex after baby?

Gonna wait the 6 weeks. I haven't had sex since new years day. I feel so unattractive!

I'm gonna wait. I hope.... Lol we are bad at sex rules. One thing always leads to another..... Haha

We waited about 2 weeks both times (and first time I'd had an episiotomy) it was fine, a little uncomfortable. Helped me feel a little more like myself again! Will probably wait a similar length of time but depends greatly on how the birth goes and how long the bleeding lasts.

I wanted nothing to do with sex until 6 weeks after my daughter was born, even after getting the ok at 4 weeks. Also, be prepared for how crazy your hormones may be as they can affect your mood and tmi, your natural lubrication your body produces.

We needed lube in order for it to be comfortable as I was VERY tight and sex hurt quite badly tbh.

We honestly didn't start routinely having sex again until about 12 weeks pp.

I honestly never considered anything other than "the 6 weeks". So 6 weeks for me, I'll probably only bf for 6 weeks as well.

With DS I had a traumatic birth and even after waiting the 6 weeks we tried and it was too sore. This time I'll just see how we go. I'm in no rush and have nothing to prove. I know our sex life will get back on track like it did last time and I don't want to force it when I am tired/sore/hormonal.

Hubby was horrified when he heard the 6 week rule. He said "but... that's during my paternity leave". :dohh: I told him I would ask the doctor about starting sooner, but gave him fair warning.

Deffinately don't plan on cheating. I tried to cheat last time.... my whoha swelled up to the size of a softball..... (maybe not that big but pretty darn big!) I had an episiotomy top and bottom last time though... I had to fill a condom with water freeze it and put it down there to help the swelling go back down :( it was the only thing that fit in the area ice pack wise...

I'm two weeks postpartum now, and I don't even want to think about sex. I'm not in any hurry, and thankfully I'm generally the more interested party in our relationship, so DH is happy to wait. My delivery wasn't traumatic or anything, but I had a 1st degree tear with a few stitches, and I still have a little pain, not to mention the whole vaginal area still feels like alien territory. And I'm still bleeding a little, and I'm exhausted, and I'd spend the whole time on edge waiting for the baby to start crying (or hold up little scorecards, maybe), and so on. We'll be waiting at least the 6 weeks, probably longer, and even then I may need to ease back into things.

I don't know about most mums, but honestly, in those first few weeks sex was the last thing on my mind. :haha: Don't see what the rush is, to be frank. Yeah, sex is awesome, but... yeah, no. :haha: We'll just wait until it feels right this time. We tried at 6 weeks PP last time and it was a total failure. I'm giggling just thinking about it. ;)

I take my hat off to any lady who gets into it two weeks after having a baby!

We did resume pretty soon after this time too but we haven't had time for more than 4/5 times since she was born and mostly as soon as she's asleep for the night I want to be asleep too.
Xx

Like others, the general rule of thumb is 6 weeks post birth. I think we dtd after 4 weeks with DD and used condoms. I really would prefer to be on birth control before dtd (dont like condoms very much) so might have to wait till 6 weeks to see a nurse.

Can't wait to get our sex life back on track :( x

Witb my last we waited 6+ weeks because I had an episiotomy and it hurt like hell. He was ok with it obviously. :thumbup: Not doing anything sooner, so he better get it now while he can lol!

lol at some of these answers! a matter of days?! I was in hospital for 5 days after birth (not c-section) and 2 weeks after birth I still felt extremely faint/dizzy whenever I stood up and could barely function from exhaustion!

We waited 3 months...DS born 8th October and we had sex January 12th lol It hurt like a bitch even with tons of lube...I hated it, felt worse than being a virgin again. I have no idea how long we will wait this time but tbh I hope quite a while! I am overweight and plan to lose weight via slimming world when DD is here and the longer OH goes without seeing my body the better IMO! I want to amaze him after months of hard work :rofl:

With DS, I was ready at 5 weeks but DH wanted to wait until my 6 week appointment (mind you, it's a pants on appointment, and we already had our family planning sorted...what was he waiting for?). I did have a c-section so I think he was worried.

Anyway, if all goes well and we get a nice easy VBAC this time, I will probably consider it after the bleeding stops when I feel up to it. I'm thinking probably around 3-5 weeks.

It will be nice to be able to DTD with a full range of motion again. We haven't let being pregnant slow us down too much, but some of our favorite positions just don't feel the same with an ever growing bump.

DH is a boob man and has a thing for "messy" sex, he doesn't mind leakage at all. I'm not bothered in the slightest. I discovered with DS, I was concerned about him messing with (sucking, etc) my boobs while breastfeeding. Turns out, one of the biggest turn ons ever for me. who knew?

With DS, I was ready at 5 weeks but DH wanted to wait until my 6 week appointment (mind you, it's a pants on appointment, and we already had our family planning sorted...what was he waiting for?). I did have a c-section so I think he was worried.

Anyway, if all goes well and we get a nice easy VBAC this time, I will probably consider it after the bleeding stops when I feel up to it. I'm thinking probably around 3-5 weeks.

It will be nice to be able to DTD with a full range of motion again. We haven't let being pregnant slow us down too much, but some of our favorite positions just don't feel the same with an ever growing bump.

DH is a boob man and has a thing for "messy" sex, he doesn't mind leakage at all. I'm not bothered in the slightest. I discovered with DS, I was concerned about him messing with (sucking, etc) my boobs while breastfeeding. Turns out, one of the biggest turn ons ever for me. who knew?
Love your response, LOL!:haha:

I think it isn't something we can plan or say.

With my son I had a vaginal birth but with some trauma and wasn't able to have sex for 4-5 months after his birth.

With my daughter I bounced back even with an episiotomy at 4 weeks.

Time will tell with this one... :)

3 weeks last time and that was with a forceps delivery and episiotomy. Luckily they sewed me up v.neatly lol! Think I would have been just too tired to even attempt it beforehand tbh. We had to use quite of lot of lube to begin with though. It is an important part of our relationship especially as with shifts etc it isn't always the easiest to fit in so got to take the opportunity when it arises lol 😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->