Your routines for weaning/solid feeding..

emmamilly

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Hollie's just turned 4 months and is very interested in food so i'm planning on tryng her with rice cereal next week. I've been looking up online on how to introduce it to her i.e - before or after bottle, after which bottle, how many times a day etc. So i was just wondering what routines you ladies did or currently do??

Also wondering a what point do I/have you given a proper meal and water/juice to replace a bottle? I know this wont be for a while yet but i'd just like to know for future reference.
Thanks in advance :winkwink:x

Don't give anything to replace a bottle until after 1. Also juice is very high in sugar so not really good for kids I've heard. You can start offering water as a drink at 6 months but they probably get enough water from BM or formula.

I never did rice cereal I started with grinding my own oatmeal and he was not very interested in that. Then I did avacodo, sweet potatoes, and banana. You can start those things now if you want because thy are good first foods. I started once a day at lunch for the first few days then moved to one hour before bed. Offer one food for four days before offering another to watch for allergies. Good luck and have fun.

Also my dr said not to be on 3 meals a day until at least nine months. Ski think ill add a second meal around 6 months or so and a third at 9 or so.

At the moment we do 2 meals a day & I always give food an hour after a bottle so I know she is getting her bottles! Our day goes like this -

9am 5oz bottle
10am Breakfast - Porridge with fruit (apples, pears, blueberries, bananas)
12pm 5oz bottle
1pm She has some finger foods on the tray of her highchair while we eat lunch but she just mushes them, doesnt eat anything
3pm 5oz bottle
4pm Dinner - Purée veg combos depending on what veg Ive got!
6pm 5oz bottle
7pm Bed
She still wakes once at night for a bottle too!

Ours is like this

9am - 5-7oz milk
10am - porridge/ fruit purée/ yoghurt/ or toast
1pm - stage 2 foods (about 1/2 jar) or finger foods.
1.30pm - 5-7oz
3pm - finger food sometimes
5pm - same as lunch but a different combo
5.30 - 0-5oz
7.30 - 5-7oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member