Your thoughts and advice

xChezx

Reaction score
Hi ladies firstly, I did do a similar post in 1st trimester but someone has suggested trying in here due to it being dedicated to multiples.
Bare with me as my story is a bit long.
I am due to have a scan for suspected twins/multiples and to date on Tuesday due to a few reasons.

This will be my 8th pregnancy, 6 are very healthy and range from 2 to 15. Sadly the one before this I lost at 8 weeks in May last year due to doctor treatment. With all of my pregnancies apart from this one I don't usually show on tests until the 7/8 week mark and with my last pregnancy had tests a few days prior to treatment to my cervix which showed negative. I had missed my period by then but the docs were adamant it was because I was still breastfeeding and my periods were just not back to normal cycle.

Anyway 3 weeks after that I had a scan which showed I was 8 weeks by then so had been 4/5 weeks pregnant when I had negatives. The baby was very healthy but the treatment had caused a bleed lower down in my uterus they thought that it was a safe distance away from the babys sac. However sadly it wasn't and caused the waters to rupture and I lost the baby. I usually always have low hcg levels until the 8th week and even then some have been feint.
Now with this pregnancy my last period was November the 10th, I had some tiny spotting on the 20th December and then around the 8th small spotting again. Where I was sent to the EPAU and had an emergency scan where it showed my uterus enlarged but no pregnancy and the blood level showed nothing. So I was sent away and told that it was more than likely my period starting. But it never came and at the end of January the sickness set in really bad did a test which was positive and I thought there was something wrong with them so got a first response. That came up positive so fast I hadn't finished peeing on it and it was so dark the colour was zapped out the control line when that eventually showed up.
I thought there was something wrong with the test so I did another and that did the same. On the the 3rd February I did a clear blue which said I was 5+ weeks. Which I know can't be right because first of all I had a scan and second of all my HCG levels are never high enough then.
So went to get bloods drawn from doc by then I was by what us and the midwife have worked at 5 weeks. My hcg was sitting at 50,000.

I always carry the girls and boys very similar. Girls extremely physically sick from about 8 weeks on and then boys very nauseous but not much physical. But this one has been so different.This has been extreme 24 hr nausea and a few being physically sick. I have been stuck on bed and sofa rest for weeks as I am so what I can only describe as weak. I have been put on iron tablets which have helped alot and tablets to help with the nausea but they only take the edge off and make me more dizzy and tired if thats possible. Its hard because I am also still breastfeeding my 2yo lil girl and trying to keep my energy levels up.
The midwife has put me straight for a scan rather than any more bloods as we all suspect multiples and she says especially with my symptoms, amount of pregnancies, age and some other factors and the fact that my hcg level for me was high. I swear also I can feel flutters on either side. Now at 12 weeks with my 2yo lil girl I got the flutters so they have gotten early each pregnancy but this is like theres a party inside! After 8 pregnancies I know the difference between gas and the flutterings so i'm not crazy. :haha:

But I had saw a lady had said that hers were very high and showed triplets which well I never really thought I just thought maybe twins.
I have had a feeling from the beginning and hubby that its twins he jokes about triplets but I just laugh it off. Just wondering if anyone has had the same with the levels and stuff and its just been twins.
It could be that I was further on which we're not dismissing but everyone is saying multiples. The midwife doesn't seem worried although she did promise to hit my hubby if he talked about anything more than twins. :dohh::haha:
I have alot of mixed emotions for Tuesday so just preparing myself really. I'd be grateful to see what anyone thinks :hugs:

I replied to your post in the 1st trimester section. I hope you get your answers soon. I would be going crazy not knowing what was going on.

Sorry can't help, but am looking forward to hearing from you after your scan and finding out if your having multiples.

Ahhh thanks yeh it is a bit just thought there may of been others who had the same never mind I'll hopefully know by tomorrow morning. I keep thinking maybe we were just being silly thinkin it but still can't shake the feeling.

Sorry I cant help as the first I knew of my two was at my 12 week scan! Although I do have to say I did a pregnancy test on the day my period was due and straight away it showed up positive, and I felt nauseous pretty much all day, even before I realised I was pregnant, so my symptoms started very early on and were very full on from the beginning compared to my eldest son's pregnancy. good luck, let us know how you get on. Although twins are hrd work they are great - wouldn't have it any other way. x

That is certainly a high hcg hun, but I'm inclined to think it's because you're further on rather than it being twins (which doesn't mean it isn't twins ;)).

Hcg levels for twins tend to be the same on average as singletons in the early weeks, maybe only slightly higher. The levels you're making are in keeping with a pregnancy in its later stages. It could of course be a twin pregnancy further on however, which too would have high levels.

As for sickness, I felt sick constantly with my singleton son, but was only sick a few times. When pregnant with my daughter I was very, very ill and sick every day. I felt so poorly, like I was suffering with a virus. With the twins, I had good days with just nausea, and bad days that felt worse than with my singleton boy, but nowhere near as bad as with my singleton girl - she was the worst. This is what alerted me to the fact I might be carrying two boys - even two males wasn't as bad as one female had been.

I never got my levels checked, but i did have movement very early with the twins - from 12wks on as opposed to 16wks with the singletons. I was amazed at how early I felt them. Good luck either way, and let us know xxx

Good luck and let us know what the result was! I cant comment on HGC levels but i do think mothers instinct can let you know its more than one, i felt no more sick than with my daughter, was exhausted much more in early pregnancy but just knew it was twins. Talked about it, planned nursary for twins ect before i found out. It was no surprise at my 12 week scan when she told me!

From one big fam mama to another, congrats! My twins were #7 and 8..I had never been so tired, taking two naps a day, and still falling dead asleep by 8, sooooo sick, like really sick..I knew....So, you'd better keep us posted hon!

wow I would be curious to know too. Not a parent of twins 9at least not yet) but I have a feeling I will be ... I have seen twin girls in my dreams many times before and I can picture our 2011 Christmas card picture with 2 little ones too... so we shall see

Let us know please!

oohhh a mystery!!! I never had any HCG either so cant help you there. MY pregnancy test showed 2-3 weeks when I know it was probably a week or so less but as I fell pregnant first month of trying I didnt really know much about HCG and all that. I found out it was twins at 6 weeks due to a bleed and early scan.

Keep us posted - good luck xxx

Thanks for your replies so much and mamato2more fab to see another big fam mama:happydance:
I will definitely let you all know i'm dreading the scan but excited at the same time. The sickness is no where near as bad with this than my girls neither, in being physically sick but the nausea is awful and no break all day from it with all the rest theres been breaks where I can go out and do stuff although now its more the weakness and so tired. I've been an insomniac for near on 17 yrs its quite strange being able to just fall asleep!

Thanks lots again :hugs:

oohhh a mystery!!! I never had any HCG either so cant help you there. MY pregnancy test showed 2-3 weeks when I know it was probably a week or so less but as I fell pregnant first month of trying I didnt really know much about HCG and all that. I found out it was twins at 6 weeks due to a bleed and early scan.

WOW Vicky, that is AWESOME! May I ask how "young" you are? first month of trying sounds LOVELY! :thumbup:

I am praying that on our first full month of trying (March) we do the same... and also get twins... GIRLS if I could chose some more hehehe :flower:

Thanks for your replies so much and mamato2more fab to see another big fam mama:happydance:
I will definitely let you all know i'm dreading the scan but excited at the same time. The sickness is no where near as bad with this than my girls neither, in being physically sick but the nausea is awful and no break all day from it with all the rest theres been breaks where I can go out and do stuff although now its more the weakness and so tired. I've been an insomniac for near on 17 yrs its quite strange being able to just fall asleep!

Thanks lots again :hugs:

What are your other kids, boys/girls?

WOW Vicky, that is AWESOME! May I ask how "young" you are? first month of trying sounds LOVELY! :thumbup:

I am praying that on our first full month of trying (March) we do the same... and also get twins... GIRLS if I could chose some more hehehe :flower:

Hey hun, I'm sure Vick will get back to you, but fyi I conceived my first two within a month of trying - I was 28 and 30 respectively. When trying a third time at the age of 34 things took longer, and the twins weren't conceived until I was 36.

I believe firmly that this was nothing to do with age, but more to do with stress and being "desperate" to conceive quickly. When it didn't happen after 3 months I started to tell myself something was wrong.........it had been so easy in the past. In the end I relaxed, gave up on the idea for a while, planned a trip to Florida, and bingo, was pregnant the following month :happydance: Was thrilled, but a bit miffed about the holiday :dohh:

Let things happen hun. They often do, and when you least expect it! Ask Aunt Carrie on this forum. She spent yrs trying for number 1 - got twins last yr after fertility treatment, and has just conceived twins again naturally and within a month of trying. She is soon to turn 40 - a lovely lady, who will soon have 4 babies under 18months old :wacko: Hope she doesn't mind me "sharing" :winkwink:

She is proof positive that there is little planning involved in making babies lol xxx

\

Hey hun, I'm sure Vick will get back to you, but fyi I conceived my first two within a month of trying - I was 28 and 30 respectively. When trying a third time at the age of 34 things took longer, and the twins weren't conceived until I was 36.

I believe firmly that this was nothing to do with age, but more to do with stress and being "desperate" to conceive quickly. When it didn't happen after 3 months I started to tell myself something was wrong.........it had been so easy in the past. In the end I relaxed, gave up on the idea for a while, planned a trip to Florida, and bingo, was pregnant the following month :happydance: Was thrilled, but a bit miffed about the holiday :dohh:

Let things happen hun. They often do, and when you least expect it! Ask Aunt Carrie on this forum. She spent yrs trying for number 1 - got twins last yr after fertility treatment, and has just conceived twins again naturally and within a month of trying. She is soon to turn 40 - a lovely lady, who will soon have 4 babies under 18months old :wacko: Hope she doesn't mind me "sharing" :winkwink:

She is proof positive that there is little planning involved in making babies lol xxx

I know what you mean, My now 20 year old daughter was definitely NOT planned... quite unexpected. So this "purposely" trying now is all new to me LOL. I don't necessarily believe age is a factor but had to ask. My new hubby and I have been married for 9 months now and he would be a wonderful father and now I am ready (or as ready as I will ever be right?)

I am trying not to think about it and just let it happen. I am 40 and will be 41 in May. I had to kind of scare my hubby into agreeing to TTC now because he just feels we have till forever and a day... cause men do. I knew he wanted a baby and we have been talking about it for as long as we have known each other. I like to plan things now since many "balls" are up in the air so one tries to arrange things...as much as possible... of course it almost never works that way, right? hehehe

Thanks for the info and input....BTW, I am secretly hoping for twins so...lets see

I found out I was having twins after going into my doctor's office for a pregnancy test....the test came back positive quickly,she told me that I was very pregnant(whatever that meant lol)A week later I had to go to the er due to pains(cramping)and I thought I was having a miscarriage,found out through an ultrasound scan that I was having twins.My pregnancy symptoms are horrible at times and other times I feel normal lol.I have no idea what my HCG levels are,as I didnt ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->