your thoughts on bambino mio?

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
hi all, im thinking about buying a bambino mio birth to potty complete set. just wondered if anyone has any views on this brand?? thanks :)

I personally haven't used them but I've heard from quite a few people who haven't gotten along with them very well at all. They're the brand stocked in all the high street shops so they must have a following, I just can't figure out why from the reviews!

DON'T DO IT!

For starters, Bambino Mio hasn't kept up with other nappies in terms of nappy 'technology', new fabrics etc so they're a very basic nappy. You can get much better quality nappies now. They do work for some people and some people swear by them, but I suspect that they have turned more people off cloth completely! Anyway, whatever you say about them, it's never a good idea to buy a full set of anything until you've tried them and know they suit LO. It's much better to try a couple first and then buy more if you like them. You wouldn't buy enough disposables to last until potty training before LO was born, cloth is no different :)

ok thanks for the replies, rachel, which do you recommend then?? true about buying whole set at start aswell!

I'd recommend trying one or two of each type of nappy you think might possibly work for you, so maybe an all-in-one, a pocket nappy, a prefold and wrap, a fitted nappy and wrap etc. If there is one kind you think might be better, try a couple of different brands of that type. It's worth looking through the preloved section here - people will be happy to tell you what the different things are if you're not sure. Or some places like Cheeks and Cherries or Fill Your Pants do mixed trial kits suited to different circumstances (e.g. they do a fast drying kit) - they're worth looking at, even if you just see what they recommend and then buy similar nappies preloved!

I wouldn't but a whole set. Well in fact I did but I wouldn't do it again lol.

The prefolds themselves I found to be fine but the wraps really aren't up to much - they never once contained a poo and started to fray after a very short time. We moved on to BG V3s very quickly (I tried just one to start with having learned by lesson).

Having said that, I have bought some preloved Bambino Mios from eBay this time, but just for the prefolds, I have no intention of using the 3 wraps I got with it. I got 8 prefolds for £5 to use as stash fillers this time.

i've got the NB set and the S set, got them cheap off mothercare......

not used them yet sadly (notice to baby hurry the hell on)

but i have plans to use the prefolds with other wraps due to bad reports about the bambino mio wraps.

also to use the prefolds as a booster in other nappies when they are older, eg at bed time.

either way they won't go to waste, and if they are of no use as a nappy i bet they'll mop up sick

We sleep on a prefold - soaks up baby dribble and boob leaks :D

I love mine, especially the new shape covers. There are not enough covers in the birth to potty pack though and I had to buy extra. The best value pack was in Kiddicare.
I fold the insert differently (boy fold with fan shape at back for poo's) and use the next size up normal fold with a booster at night.
I am going to try some more brands soon.
The only downside is that after lots of washing on the old style covers the velcro went a bit hard, not sure if it's because I wash at 60. He had almost grown out of each size by then anyway.
x

I definitely wouldn't pay full price for new bambino mios, but they are very cheap second hand and I think they're worth it at the right price. I actually like their wraps etter than their prefolds, which is the opposite way round to most people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->