your thoughts on hyphens

GemmaLeanne

Mummy to Kacie & Abbie :)
Reaction score
We have finally came to the mutual decision to name our little princess Kacie Elizabeth..

but now cannot decide wether to have Elizabeth as her middle name or have her name hyphened as Kacie-Elizabeth

i know that this will not make much of a difference to her as my name is Gemma-Leanne hyphened and it is rare that i get called anything but gemma..
just wondering what you all think :)?

Kacie Elizabeth
or
Kacie-Elizabeth :) xxx

My first name is Sarah-Jane and I never get called anything but Sarah or SJ by my dad, personally I thought (and still think) that there wasn't any point to it.

Personally, I dislike hyphenated names, but I have to keep my trap shut because there are two in DH's family!

They just seem to make things complicated when there is no need!

I would use Kacie Elizabeth without a hyphen and have Elizabeth as the middle name.I often see people use the first and middle together - hyphen or not. Both are part of the persons name. So if you sometimes wanted to say Kacie Elizabeth - I think that is fine:flower:

I don't mind hyphenated names but personally I think Kacie-Elizabeth hyphenated doesn't work that well as it's quite a lot of syllabuls. Marie-Louise and Sarah-Jane type names work better as they are two shorter names IMO.

Personally i'm not keen on hyphenated names so i would say Elizabeth as her middle name.

x

My daughter has a hyphened name but when she started school we took the hyphen out :) much easier. I dont know why we did it tbh x

I wouldnt hyphenate, just personal opinion i guess

So happy to see you decided on Kacie Elizabeth! I suggested Elizabeth on your thread asking for middle name suggestions! :happydance:

So happy to see you decided on Kacie Elizabeth! I suggested Elizabeth on your thread asking for middle name suggestions! :happydance:

yer :) we had quite a discussion about it OH liked it as its his aunties name but i wanted Kacie to have her own name.. but then we finally decided it didnt matter our reasons as long as we both liked her name thats all that matters and everyone will see her in her own right anyway :) i think Kacie Elizabeth sounds like a pretty name, and not too old or too common around here either :) xx

I'm not keen on hyphenated names personally, Kacie Elizabeth sounds nice as it is! xx

I think Kacie Elizabeth looks like a beautiful name without the hyphen.

We have finally came to the mutual decision to name our little princess Kacie Elizabeth..

but now cannot decide wether to have Elizabeth as her middle name or have her name hyphened as Kacie-Elizabeth

i know that this will not make much of a difference to her as my name is Gemma-Leanne hyphened and it is rare that i get called anything but gemma..
just wondering what you all think :)?

Kacie Elizabeth
or
Kacie-Elizabeth :) xxx

I have a double name, and it is not hyphenated. I think hyphenating it would just complicate matters.

Cute name, btw! :baby:

I hate them personally. We mostly see them with last names and it's started to get a bit silly with name-name-name-name from two hyphenated surnamed people getting married and then continuing the stupid trend of not picking a last name. :dohh:

Hi,
My name is sarah-jane & ive always wished my parents dropped the jane part especially as i also have a middle name. Im only ever called Sarah (apart from being told off when younger :) ). If i had a daughter id never hyphenate her name either.
Kacie Elizabeth sounds lovely as 2 single names :)

Sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"