Your thoughts?

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
I conceived Elyse while I was on birth control...

Do you think this was a fluke or do you think it will be easy for me to conceive when I TTC?

I just don't know how you go into it.. I don't want to expect to get pregnant relatively quickly and not have it happen and feel like I'm "letting down" my OH... but I don't want to over estimate how long it will take either and shock myself with how quickly it happens?

Im exactly the same hun. Me and OH were talking about when we actually try to concieve no.2, im scared it just won't happen!

Possibly a fluke? I wouldn't know for sure but I don't think you'll have many problems if it happened while you were on birth control :hugs:

My sister and myself got pregnant on the pill (I miscarried unfortunately) and we both concieved very quickly after we came off the pill, I stopped my pill in january and got pregnant in the feb, she stopped at the begining of may and got pregnant the same month. I'm not getting my hopes up to concieve quickly with #2 though. Best not to allow yourself to expect it very soon after

it mite ave bin a fluke i came of the pill got preg that month but had a mmc at 13wks ive not not bin on the pill since feb and are ntnp xx

i guess the only way you will find out is when you TTC hehe.
It might have been a fluke it might not of been.
x

well my colleague told me that the first thing that her doc said to her after she had her first baby is to not assume just because you had one, doesn't mean you'll be able to have more. Harsh, but I guess it gets the point across! I think it's just one of those things that you can't say yes or no to, you just have to get :sex: and hope for the best!!! xx

I also got pg on the pill.. so I would like to know also... I will let you know ha ha

it could have been a fluke hon, i suppose you're only no by ttc :D xx

I conceived Elyse while I was on birth control...

Do you think this was a fluke or do you think it will be easy for me to conceive when I TTC?

I just don't know how you go into it.. I don't want to expect to get pregnant relatively quickly and not have it happen and feel like I'm "letting down" my OH... but I don't want to over estimate how long it will take either and shock myself with how quickly it happens?

We conceived Caitlyn using contraception, last month NTNP didn't work for us x

I would recommend charting your cycle after you come off the pill. Give yourself a few months to establish your natural cycle again, learn how to identify ovulation and I bet you'd be able to plan your next one quite accurately.
You are young and healthy. If you are identifying ovulation correctly, I'd be very surprised if you had any problems. If you do have problems, one of the first things fertility docs want to figure out is if you are ovulating, and they get you to chart, anyway.
It's us old ladies in our thirties that have to worry about a surprise decline in our fertility, although I suppose fertility should never be taken for granted.

Sarahkka, I actually heard on Global National recently that your fertility starts to decline after 25! Scared the pants off me, I originally intended to start having babies around 27!!

I guess it was just "one of those things" that happens to a few people in every 100 or so but what a lovely thing to "fluke" on!!

We are NTNP technically from yesterday and we have no idea how long it will take obviously but have worked on the fact that it could happen anytime, as soon as next week so we need to be prepared for it if it does. We didn't want to think "Ah, it wont happen for 6 months, we'll get prepared then" if you know what I mean.

It's all a big pot of luck with this baby lark and you just have to hope that you get some of the good :hugs:

xxx

I suppose its just going to be a case of waiting and seeing what happens hun. No one can know these thiings.

probably just a fluke. i fell pregnant with nicole while on the pill but took 9mths to fall pregnant with callum, then again with this one i was on the pill!!

wWell how is the comedic quote of the possibility to fall pregnant:" first teenagers, second people who don't want any kids , third people who use contraception, and fourth people who try for a baby"

Sarahkka, I actually heard on Global National recently that your fertility starts to decline after 25! Scared the pants off me, I originally intended to start having babies around 27!!

Yup, it starts to decline at 25 and continues to on a gentle slope, then at 35, it sort of falls off the edge of a cliff. That's why a lot of women who waited until their mid-30s had an unpleasant surprise. I don't expect my next baby (conception, pregnancy or otherwise!) to be as easy as Simon was. I hope it's pretty quick, but I know that age is a big factor. It's certainly not impossible, it's just that your odds go down and your risks go up. Straight hard facts.

I guess could be a fluke but my personal experience is I got pregnant on the pill then when tried I managed on first month. My mother conceived twice on pill then even one after she had her tubes tied so might run in family:rofl::blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->