Your thoughts

Hope3

LTTTC#1
Reaction score
I've just posted a thread in the general discussion area.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/g...teenage-girls-younger-women.html#post25122269

I'd be interested in your thoughts about advice to teenage girls/young women.

Just from my own experience and reading others on these threads I can't help but think that if only younger women knew the truth. If they read the anguish that some of us have shared they would act differently.

I know that some women in their 20s can also have difficulty conceiving but it feels worse when you're over 35+ because of the odds, and in my case the regrets.

They should also stop calling women's fertility a biological clock because that's too tame. Sometimes it feels more like a bomb when you are overcome with longing and despair. I've become conscious of feeling excluded and judged when I'm asked 'do you have kids?' and I say no. I know it's more in my imagination but that's how I feel.

I'll get off my soapbox now but I know I'm sharing with people who understand in a way that some friends don't.

My friend said something very insightful once. She said, "you spend all your 20's trying not to get pregnant and all your 30's trying to get pregnant!"

I had a son in my mid 20's (by accident) and very easily but now I'm in my mid 30's I want more and it's been nearly two years of hard slog and disappointment. I've already told my son (who's 8) not to put off having a family! I don't think he understood, but I felt better for saying it!

Xx

I would say, don't put off starting a family past early 30s, if you can at all help it. Also, you aren't as fertile as you think! (In health class they scared us by telling us we were all uber fertile and could get pregnant even if you rubbed yourself against a guy while fully clothed! :wacko: )

That's funny! :haha: Then again my mum thought that me using a tampon when I was 14 meant that I must have had sex - which I hadn't!

Haha that made me laugh and brought back memories of my Mum looking disapprovingly at them in the shopping basket and muttering, I could never use them till after I met your Dad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->