Your thoughts?

Ksaw

Reaction score
Hello all,

Last time I was on here was years ago, a lot has changed. Good to be back though! :thumbup: I need someone to talk to :blush:

So here's what's been on my mind and maybe someone can help me..

I am married, DH and I both serve in the military, but currently (and temporarily) apart.

I've always suspected that I have PCOS and finally had it confirmed yesterday. I've had trouble maintaining my weight over the last several months and have probably gained close to 15-20 pounds. My LMP was Sept. 11, 2015. Since then I have not had any bleeding/ spotting whatsoever. I had an ultrasound about a month ago and it showed I had over 35 follicles in each ovary.. Not sure exactly what that means. Life has been so busy for the both of us for the last 6 months and I can say I probably am stressed out and and being apart from DH isn't any easier. So while I was talking with my doctor yesterday, he asked me whether my husband and I were considering having children in the near future. Truth is, we have discussed it and almost tried but then I had to go somewhere else. Once that happened, I felt like it was a good thing and maybe I'm not ready. I kind of just put the thought on the back burner. Back to yesterday, I told him our situation and that we weren't planning on it. He said it's a good option to consider because sometimes it helps to regulate those hormones since the body goes through so many changes during pregnancy. It got me thinking again.. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea, I just have a few concerns and obstacles to get through/ think about:

My career- I'm not where I'd like to be yet, and pregnancy/ baby would hold me back and make my already tough job a little harder.

DH- he says he would be ecstatic either way

Risking our child growing up without us. My mom would do an amazing job helping, but I keep telling myself that I'm not having a child for her but for me.. I would want to be there.

I don't want to get out. If we wait to have children, I'm worried we'll be that couple who planned too much and waited to long to be happy with our lives before we have children and realize we're in our early 40's getting ready to retire.

My dream has always been to be a mom, and I feel like the more I wait, the less chance it has to come true.

I've always put my career first in so many things, so just thinking about the change... I'm just in loss of words..

That's about it for now, please let me know of your thoughts. I can't talk about this with anyone else.

I forgot to add that I started spotting on Sunday (2/21/15) and it was like super pink every server all hours, yesterday it got a little orange color but still super light. And now it's gone. Last time we had sex was Valentine's Day and he didn't pull out..

Doctor put me on Provera yesterday and I've taken 1 pill so far..

What could that be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->