Your waters breaking

Has anyone or does anyone know of someone who's waters have gone in a public place?? I used to work at Boots and at the time there was talk of a lady who had gone into labour in Marks and Spencer's- they sent her loads of free stuff, not sure it would warrant the embarrassment though!

Has anyone or does anyone know of someone who's waters have gone in a public place?? I used to work at Boots and at the time there was talk of a lady who had gone into labour in Marks and Spencer's- they sent her loads of free stuff, not sure it would warrant the embarrassment though!

Yep! My friend had her water break at a drug store (Rite-Aid for you US ladies) while she was ordering ice cream! She always warned me not to go to Rite-Aid at the end of my pregnancy. :haha:

I was 40+6 and I had just come home from walking the dog. I was sat down on my mums couch talking with my husband and family when I felt and heard the pop and quickly ran to the toilet at first it was just my fore waters so it wasn't much I cleaned myself up went to the bedroom put on a new pair of undies and pants and woosh my hind waters went and soaked my pants and the towel I had on the floor. I soaked 3 pairs of pants before I decided to go in the shower and wait for it to stop lol. I didn't have a contraction for 3 hours and even then they weren't really anything I ended up labouring at home for about 45 minutes and then 3 hours at the hospital before hunter was born. I didn't even think to call my hospital till 2 hours after they had broke lol I was in shock.

I really want my waters to break in a shop to get freebies :haha: I love freebies :rofl:

Oh! My co-worker's water broke at work! I forgot about that! Another one of our male co-workers had to drive her to the hospital. Awkward! Luckily the hospital was only a 5 minute drive!

With my first they broke my water when I was in labor, with my second I had just woken up from a nap and sat in my computer chair and I felt this little gush and I thought I had peed myself...

I was getting out of the bath and felt them go but had no pains ( slight backache hence I was in the bath in the first place!) went for a lay down when I got up again a bit more leaking my contractions started about 2 hours after my waters went and they were one after the other on top of each other baby was born 2 and a bit hours later just got to the hospital in time! Obviously every births different but hoping its as easy as that with the baby !

I had a leak at 30 weeks and felt a gush when I was sitting at my desk at work. Not enough to draw attention though, luckily they revealed. When they broke at 41 weeks I felt a popping sensation, there was no gush because my waters were a thick meconium so was a thick green gunge.

I heard a big 'POP' when I was watching the Big Bang Theory at 8 o'clock in the evening! Sure enough I ran to the toilet and out came the gush (luckily the couch was saved). Contractions started within an hour and she was born 7am the next morning (her due date!).

I had no feeling that they were about to go.. I'd been in labour for over 24 hours and was having a strong contraction on the bed when they just suddenly gushed out without warning!

It wasn't a huge amount but I had quite a little bump with fairly low amniotic fluid so I'm guessing that's why. I also jumped in the shower quickly before going to hospital. xx

When I had Freya, the hospital broke mine for me.

I was wondering, do you get a sneaky suspision they will break or will it just happen?

Do you get pains before they go?

Is it a big gush?

Do you have time to clean it up before you go hospital?

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: panicking now!!!

okay mine broke in the morning.... no warning.... and they broke for the next 24 hours till I gave birth! ha ha! seriously I had to sit on towels - it was constant!!!!

I was wondering, do you get a sneaky suspision they will break or will it just happen?

Is it a big gush?

okay mine broke in the morning.... no warning.... and they broke for the next 24 hours till I gave birth! ha ha! seriously I had to sit on towels - it was constant!!!!

ps my bump was half the size when I got to hospital!!! lol no pain or anything just lots of fluid!!!!!! xxxx

My waters broke in the post office! No warning at all, was at 38 weeks and I was really shocked. I waddled out and put my scarf over my car seat and drove home. I soaked through loads of trousers and it flowed out for hrs!

With my 1st, my OB broke my water during induction so I had no clue what to expect with my next pregnancy.

With my 2nd (my son), my water had broken in a 5 hour time, that I had no clue of! I must have been peeing when it broke, I had no leak and had just had my 35 week check up. I went to lunch and them home after work, cleaning my 13 month old daughters play room while she was at the beach with daddy. I had some tissue in my pee and knew something was up because my placenta had been tearing off (starting at 11 weeks) and my sons head was blocking, so I hadn't been bleeding or anything for about a month.

I called twice and they told me both times that I was fine and since I was not having bh, contractions, in pain, cramping or bleeding not to come in. I did, turned out I was dilated 6, water was all gone, and I was contracting ever 2 minutes, I had no clue! I never felt one contraction or pain my whole labor. So with my current pregnancy I am worried, what if I don't know I'm in labor again? If I had listened to the nurse, my son would have been still birthed. It's very scary to me.

Mine broke in hospital. They had just checked how dilated I was (7cm) and was just sat waiting and they went with a big gush, no pain or warning.
I had completely forgot about waters and panicked and thought it was a load of blood or something haha. Then there was a load with each contraction too.

Is it a big gush?

mine went on their own naturally when I was at home after I had been in labor for almost 6 hrs. Totally wasn't expecting it, so it threw me off guard, and while I was on the phone with the L&D nurse asking to be admitted no less :haha: it didn't hurt at all, before, during or after, just felt like a giant bubble popping between my legs, probably felt more weird than anything. It felt like a slight gush, but it wasn't enough to soak my underwear or pants. Luckily I had put a pad on, because on the way to the hospital, more had started to trickle out, and the sanitary pad had kept it from wetting my clothes and the seat of the car.

I was in the hospital for 9 hrs laboring, so yes, I definitely had enough time to clean up and go. And at the most, clean up is a 10 min job before you are out the door. At least that's my experience, it's almost always different for everyone.

I woke up the day before my due date and felt funny so I said to DH I'm going back to bed but first I took a disposable changing mat from the nursery and put it on my bed, I had no sooner lay down when my phone beeped and as I sat up to check it I felt a pop and what seemed like loads of water gushed out, I didn't want to sit up and make it worse so I shouted to DH to bring me some towels quick as my waters had gone and he stood in the doorway saying yeah yeah very funny until I could convince him I was serious! I stood in the bath til it stopped but had soaked right through my trousers by the time i arrived at hospital! The mat saved my bed and there was no mess in the car as I had put one on that seat too. I had no pain or prior warning but my contractions came hard and fast afterwards and DS was born 6 hours later.

I had no warning, no pain, nothing. Huge surprise, as I was IN PUBLIC! Haha. I had a little gush, but big enough to soak through my yoga pants. Then a little more each time I took a step. I was at an ultrasound place, actually just finished my appointment and monitoring since I was overdue. They went ahead and checked me to make sure that's what it was and there was a HUGE gush, got all over the lady's shoes. I leaked the rest of my labor. The feeling of my water breaking was so cool! It was like a relief, I probably sound crazy saying that lol. Just hope it happens again this pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->