Your waters breaking

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
When I had Freya, the hospital broke mine for me.

I was wondering, do you get a sneaky suspision they will break or will it just happen?

Do you get pains before they go?

Is it a big gush?

Do you have time to clean it up before you go hospital?

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: panicking now!!!

Mine broke whilst in hospital but they broke on their own.. i was being induced and had a pessary and i went to get out of bed oncthe night and it just felt like a pop and a gush. Bit tmi but a gush like when you get a gush of cm. But obviously more of it. It was a little puddle on the floor and kind of came out in pulses. Lol x

I was in the shower at the hospital no warning just all of a sudden I felt like I peed and more pressure after

Yeah deffo more pressure after and lo's movements feel so strange as theyre not so cushioned. Contractions got stronger but i was induced with the drip the next day

I wasn't even sure if mine had gone. :dohh: It was the fore waters not hind waters but I woke up in the night and my leg pillow was a bit damp so I though maybe I was just getting sweaty. The next morning I was starting to think my waters was slowly leaking but also thought it could be a lot of watery CM. Later that day I had a consultant appointment and she confirmed my waters had gone. When they broke my hind waters in hospital I felt a huge gush though.

From what I can gather some people get a very slow loss and some get a huge gush.

Mine went differently for both;

For Logan, I was in bed and just woke up thinking "need to pee!!" and ran to the bathroom leaking EVERYWHERE :haha: Then started getting back labour and L born 50 hours later (induced in the end as failed to progress past 8-9cm). Leaked for the day after they broke though.

For Eric, they broke on their own in hosp in labour. Hind waters only. Then started to need to push not long after and the rest went when pushing (10 mins pushing)

:flower:

Mine went before contractions even started, I was only 35 weeks. Stood to go to the loo and got a huge gush-wasn't even sure what it was at first! After initial gush it leaked for a while!! Sorry TMI, went to the hospital and within a few hours labour had fully begun! It scares me even thinking about it!!

I turned over in bed and out they came. I knew I hadn't pee'd myself as it was waaaay too much all in one go. Contractions started an hour later, Macie was born 14 hours after waters breaking.

With amelie I stood up to go for a wee and they broke. No warning at all and no contractions until an hour later.
With roman I have no idea where my waters went. They were bulging when I got a sweep (mw joked shed need to be careful not to burst them) and 3 days later 8cm dilated and first exam they were gone. I reckon i had a slow leak for days since the sweep.

Both times, my water broke before labor started.
With DS1 i was totally NOT expecting it - at all. I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and whilist peeing i felt some other water drip (that sounded a lot more than just urine lol). but it didn't hurt at all. and it was only leaky (not like a huge gush) so at first i wasn't sure if that was my water or not but then i stood up and it kept coming out and thats when i figured it out. It didn't hurt at all. it was painless and i wasn't expecting it and had no suspicion whatsoever of it going to happen.

With DS2 it was quite the opposite. The night before it happened i felt like *something* was buldging "down there". It didn't hurt. there wasn't any pain or discomfort, it just felt like....sorta like there was a water balloon near my cervix. It's hard to explain. So that started the evening before (like maybe 9pm ish). Then around 7:30am the next day, i woke up and was talking to DH as he was getting dressed. Told him i would meet him downstairs and i roll over (before he left the room) and i feel this pop (no pain, no discomfort), and then all of a sudden my water gushes EVERYWHERE onto the bed. It actually kind of felt good when it happened lol. And it was A LOT of water-no leaking like it was with DS1. Just huge gushes.

it didn't hurt either time. I sorta suspected it was going to happen with DS2 bc of the way i felt the night before (with the buldging) but i never expected nor felt any different with DS1.

I know this is an odd, but I was lucky that they went in an area that was easily cleaned. I know I wouldn't care at the time but would be gutted if I ruined my carpet or bed or something???

I know this is an odd, but I was lucky that they went in an area that was easily cleaned. I know I wouldn't care at the time but would be gutted if I ruined my carpet or bed or something???

We had a mattress protector on our bed, so it wasn't an issue (it was a waterproof pad). We were planning a HB the second time around, so it was there for that, but honestly having had this happen twice now, i would insist any preggo lady (no matter what their birth choice is) to get a pad on their bed!

we just bought a new king size temperpetic...ill be POed if that thing gets ruined from this! lol

Don't know how this one is going to kick off, but with my first I had just fallen asleep an hour before, felt like I needed to get up and pee, barely crunched my abs and water went EVERYWHERE!! I was gushing it out lol No pain and contractions started about an hour later and were really mild, but then the cervadil kicked it up to ridiculousness.

Mines broke all of a sudden gushing I mean it wouldnt stop as soon as they broke my contractions started and I had my lg within 6 hours of my waters breaking xx

Thank you for the replies, I no Im a long way off but with Freya I think I had it too easy with her!

For me, it just happened. I had no idea it was about to happen (was only 37+5 with my first, so expecting I had another month of pregnancy ahead of me). I never had a contraction before (they started about an hour or so after) or even any obvious BH. It broke in my sleep and I just woke up to the feeling of water gushing out and when I clenched my pelvic floor muscles (like to stop yourself from peeing, which is what I thought was happening for a second), it didn't stop it. Honestly, it's not messy at all. It did soak my panties and there was a small wet spot on the bed, but it's just clear liquid (or should be), so doesn't make a mess or stain. I had a home birth so we washed the sheets after anyway and I just changed clothes to be in something dry. No big deal.

I had no idea both times. The first time there was a lot of blood to go with it and I felt like something snapped inside me. The second time I was pushing and had so little water it trickled out. It took a good few minutes for the midwife to convince me I hadn't wee'd myself.

We had a mattress protector on our bed, so it wasn't an issue (it was a waterproof pad). We were planning a HB the second time around, so it was there for that, but honestly having had this happen twice now, i would insist any preggo lady (no matter what their birth choice is) to get a pad on their bed!

we just bought a new king size temperpetic...ill be POed if that thing gets ruined from this! lol

Did that actually do the trick then with all the water and the mattress stayed dry??? Will certainly but putting one of those on if that is the case!

Did that actually do the trick then with all the water and the mattress stayed dry??? Will certainly but putting one of those on if that is the case!

Amazingly so :thumbup:
I put the waterproof sheet touching the matress, followed by my typical sheets. I was honestly surprised but it did do the job quite well :)

I had been contracting for like, 5 days, dilated to 1-2 cm, and finally at like 1:00 in the morning on a Sunday my contractions started to feel like they were getting down to business. I got up to pee, and came back to bed and felt a little "pop," or a "snap." I knew exactly what it was!
I managed to run into my bathroom and onto the toilet right away before the huge "GUSH" came. And it came and came and came... it was soooo much fluid! But luckily none got on the bed! My contractions got really serious after that!
We put a garbage bag and an old towel in my husband's car a few days before just in case this happened so I could sit on them on the way to the hospital. Then when we got to the hospital we just put the towel in the garbage bag and threw them in the trash. No muss, no fuss!
My son was born 5 or 6 hours from my water breaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->