Yummy snack suggestions without cow milk or soy?

Itsychik

Reaction score
Does anyone have toddler-friendly snack suggestions that don't have cow milk or soy?

For New Year's Eve, we're having several friends and their children over for dinner. One of the little girl's has a cow milk protein and soy allergy. Her mother gave me a few suggestions of things she's allowed to eat, but I'd like to come up with a few other things to have out as well so she doesn't feel left out (she's 3).

Anyone have any suggestions or know a good website where I could find some?

Fruit, veggies and hummus, sausage slices, crackers

Hummus, peanut butter and avocado make nice spreads, rainbow fruit kebabs (google them - they're beautiful!), sorbet for a sweet treat/ice cream alternative, those small red 'party' sausages, fish fingers (check ingredients for dairy products though), spanish omelette, fairy bread (white bread - almost always dairy free not sure if soy free is easy to find.., spread margerine, cut off the crusts and sprinkle hundreds & thousands on it.. Every kid I've ever known loves this!)

Not sure if any of those help! It depends on what type of food you want to make. Dairy and soy free sausage rolls are easy to make and then all the kids could eat them

Ds2 s dairy intolerant mini sausages, hummus with the free from breadstick (can get in asda/tesco) pom bear crisps (original flavour), fruit salad (lots of mixed fruits), carrot and cucumber sticks with the hummus, potato wedges but check not coated in anything, I make ds2 his own chocolate biscuits tesco value digestives they r free with free from chocolate melted on top asda do chocolate orange flavoured buttons so they would be yummy melted on digestives. It is hard nearly everything I give ds1 ds2 can't have so he has to have his own alternative I'm lucky he's still too young to notice

Jelly froobs. Wiggles/Yo Yo's -there like twisty bits of fruit for kids. Apricots/raisens.

most supermarkets do free from stuff...i got my brother some Rocky Roads cake which were free from egg, milk and gluten.

Thanks ladies!

I figured 'fruit' is a great one (will definitely look at the suggestions for colourful fruit combinations) and will definitely add the little sausages...

I was also thinking of making some small pancakes with goat's milk (and no butter).

Since it's a party I'm just hoping to have some special little snacks that she might not otherwise get at home.

Thanks for the responses :flower:

It might be likely she can't have goats milk too as it's the same proteins as cows.my little boy is allergic to cows milk and we can't give him it.
Once there's no nut allergy you could use a nut milk-otherwise coconut/hemp/oat milks. Good luck :D

Yeah use coconut milk I wouldn't use goats as she may not be able to have that but I use koko it's a coconut milk with added calcium easy to get in asda or tesco

Chocolate mousse

Ingredients (serves 1-2):1 large ripe avocado1/4 cup raw cocoa powder1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk2 tsp stevia (or other natural sweetener)1 tsp natural vanilla extractOptional extras: toasted sliced almonds, chia seeds, frozen mixed berries, almond butter, cocoa nibs, coconut oilDirections:purée the avocado until smooth.Mix together the cocoa powder and milk until combined and add to the avocado.Stir in the stevia, vanilla extract, and any extra ingredients (toasted almonds add a lovely crunch, and frozen berries give the mousse a great fruity twang!) and mix well.Transfer the mousse to individual bowls and store in the fridge until ready to eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->