Zach's concussion :(

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
Yesterday at the pool I took longer to get ready than my partner and Zach, so they went on towards the water while I stayed in the changing room. I heard a loud scream. Zach had slipped and banged his head on the tiled floor. My partner had misjudged the surface and wasn't holding his hand. I didn't even think to remind him how slippery it is...by a pool!:dohh::cry:

Zach was unhappy for the rest of the day and we assumed he had a banging headache. Today he seemed absolutely fine until around 4pm, when he suddenly vomited out of nowhere. He's off his food too.

Advice is just bedrest and there's nothing we can really do but wait to see if symptoms improve:cry:

He's still doing everything as normal apart from eating and he is chatty and alert. I suspect it is thankfully not too serious. Terrifying still though. Has anyone else been through this? My partner is in bits about it and I don't blame him but I am worried.

Oh no, poor Zach! That must be horrible. I hope he's feeling better soon :hugs:

My LO had a concussion earlier this year, my DH hit her in the head with a weight (he was doing lifts and she ran underneath him just as he was swinging up, got her right in the back of the head) and she cried but seemed okay until about 8 hours later she started vomiting. We took her in, they said it was a concussion, just make sure she takes it easy and bring her back if she was showing any other problems. He said they could present anywhere up to a week after the trauma. I was really stressed the first few days just waiting for something to get worse, but the bump on her head started going down and she didn't vomit again, seemed her normal self, etc. so I felt much better after a few days had passed.

I am sure he'll be fine and I'm sure you'll start feeling better as he spends more time acting himself!

Omg, what a terrible tale ... and yours, staralfur. :nope: :nope: :nope:

This hasn't happened to us yet but it's something I really dread. So horrible. I hope he is ok now. :( :( :(

Oh gosh how awful! Poor Zach! I hope he will be better soon! :hugs:
I am glad your lovely girlie was ok Star! :hugs:

Aww how awful hope he's ok and recovers soon.
Glad your lo is ok as well star

Yes we have we were in a soft play where balls could be shot out of cannons. One was not working so they put a bucket on it and a post it note to say out of order. A child pressed the button the bucket shot up and landed on her head. She seemed fine at the time but started acting off 3 hours later. By the evening she was disoriented and sick. Phoned 111 and they said keep an eye but sounded like concussion. We slept on the sofa waking her up every hour. In the morning she woke and was totally disoriented so 5 minute could not tell me where she was or her name (she was 4) but then came too,and was fine after that. Her head hurt for a couple more days then fine. She recovered far quicker from it than I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->