zakk HATED nursery

beatnick

Reaction score
oh dear god... a 40 minute settling in session...more like a 40 minute screaming session.

i went back to get him and he was in a side room screaming his head off. the ratehr dry nursery nurse just said "yes we have had some tears" and then left. i left the building alone feeling really upset and drove all the way to meet my friend planning on how i could give up work.

ive booked his session tomorrow later so he isnt so tired and plan to leave before he knows ive gone.

its just hideous. i felt so guilty. :cry:

Aw hunny, I bet it is so hard. I am dreading leaving Ava-Mae when I go back to work later in the year. I swear she has seperation anxiety already!

I'm sure it will get better and it's one of those things that with some perseverence, it usually turns out in the end. I bet in a few weeks he'll love nursery and think of all the friends he'll make that he can invite to his 1st birthday party!!

xx

:hugs:

No need to feel guilty hun, sadly if you need to work he had to be there. I can't imagine how hard that is for you :(

Was that all the nursery nurse said? Did she not offer you any tips on how to get him settled in better.

:hug:

Honestly, the settling in session with the childminder was horrendous for Ruby, she cried loads, but when she started properly she started to enjoy it really quickly. She was older though - 11.5 months.

The childminder gave me loads of support when Ruby was upset, she was so lovely and really helped me feel better about leaving Ruby, I think I would have just ran away and hidden otherwise. Your nursery worker doesn't sound great, hopefully it was an off day.

:hugs:

I'm sure it will go better tomorrow. Maybe today was just bad timing xx

thanks girls. i know after a little bit he will be fine. i just feel upset after the drama this morning. i decided with dh that if we still found his key worker dry then we would ask for him to be moved to another.

if we still arent happy we will look again at making some changes.

ive never so much wanted to be a sahm. but i know its a panic reaction.

Riley always kicks up a stink on the way to nursery and when it comes to going in but once I leave he is fine (my cousin is his keyworker so tells me the truth) and is happily playin with the other children when we pick him up.

Have you done a settle session with you there? Try letting him take a toy from home so everything doesn't seem so strange.x

Same question as above have you done any settling in together?
Ul usually find it will take a couple of weeks but then he will be running in on a morning, just out of experience it's probably not best to go with out him seeing as he may wonder why u have just vanished, at work we advised to have a big hug say good-bye and mummy will see you very soon and leave quickly instead of hanging about, it may also help for you to take something that smells of you some pictures of your self and family members and any favourite things of his, hopefully he won't take long as now looking at it from a mummy point of view instead of the nursery nurse I can see how hard it actually is to leave them crying, as for the nursery if a child was upset we would be trying to distract the child as well as giving lots of cuddles? And if your not happy with the key worker I would ask to change, I think child picks up on if you feel secure and happy with them being left,
Hope it all works out ok Hun, but in my experience he will be running in soon :) x

Hope it's better next time. Do give it time on both sides before any rash decisions xx

Im suprised they didnt have the first settling in session with you there, i assume this was the first one?

yes i was there for half an hour then left for half an hour. i was suprised by this but she suggested it.

will try tomorrow and see. i know i have to give it a chance.

Aww hun :hugs: He will get used to it, but as has been said, ask if you can stay and "watch" for twn mins or try and get him playing then sneak out or something.

Evan goes once a week to his CM and he cries when I pick him up cos he wants to stay. I'm not sure whats worse :(

it will get better promise!..soon as he realises how many toys and friends there is he wont care about leaving mummy :haha: ds1 used to cry when he had to come home:blush:

We didn't go with any settling in sessions - I figured that because I have no choice but to work three days and MIL can only have her one of these days, she just has to go nursery two days a week. It worked out fine for us, as Madeline just wanted to get down and play and barely gave me a second glance. Now she starts thumping her feet up and down when we pull up outside nursery and can't wait to get in.

I've had a couple of off days with Madeline at nursery when she was getting over a virus and it was horrible leaving her, so I completely understand how you feel. But 30 mins on your own in a strange place, when mummy has been there with you, is bound to be difficult.

I am positive he will soon settle in - and it will be much different for him when he is there for a whole day. He will get used to his surroundings, feel comfortable with the toys and the staff and grow in confidence. They are the experts (although your LOs key worker needs to do much more to reassure you) and have no doubt handled this time and again. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->