Zika Virus....

loulabell

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I'm getting married next year and looking to go on our honeymoon straight after and chances are we are going to be trying for a baby at the same time so I don't want to go any where with the risk of zika
(even if we weren't trying I'd like to go some where zika free as I don't want to be ill for my honeymoon and I always get bit by mozzies :nope: )

Has anyone got any suggestions of places to go as all the good ones like the Caribbean are out :shrug: ?

Thanks in advance :flower:

I would go somewhere in Europe. My husband and I went to Andalusia and also Morocco for our honeymoon. I know there is some concern that Zika may reach parts of the med, but we were there in summer and no sight of a mosquito anywhere. We also looked to go to Northern Italy and/or into the Alps, which is also lovely in summer. We also recently went to Portugal and Lisbon is amazing, probably my most favourite city now. Otherwise, parts of Scandanavia are lovely in the summer. Alternatively, there are lots of the cities in the U.S. that would be nice, both New York and San Francisco would be great. You would want to avoid more suburban or rural parts as there is some concern about Zika spreading locally in parts of the U.S., including California, but I've lived in both New York and San Francisco for a number of years each and I never once got a mosquito bite there.

What would you like to do on your honeymoon (besides dtd :haha:) and/or what do you like doing in general? Exploring cities, hiking, relaxing on the beach, etc.?

Maybe we can advise you better if we know more.

But without any additional information, I would say Spain. First a few days in Barcelona (my all time favourite city if I may say so) and then some relaxing time at some small Spanish town by the beach. Or maybe a visit to the south of Spain, which is equally wonderful.

Madeira is a big no no if you go to Europe as they have it. You can find zika maps online. We looked when planning our hol and we avoided places where they had the mosquito that's a carrier, and places where the mosquito can carry from one infected person to another just in case someone had contracted it elsewhere. Probably a bit extreme but I'm a worrier. TBH it ruled a lot of places out, hence why we're now going to France in November 🙄

Hey Ladies
Thank you all for your responses :thumbup:
Me and OH ideal honeymoon is sunny with beaches, we love water activities, I wouldn't mind going to a city but I doubt OH would be up for it. We got engaged in Jamaica and it was just perfect but zika has ruined that fun.
Thank you for all the suggestions I think at the moment we are leaning toward Spain /Italy/Greece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->