zombie apocalypse! what would you do?

juicyfruity

Reaction score
Okay, okay this is going to sound like i'm using a zombie apocalypse as a pedestal for my crunchy mum natural parenting ways mainly because I kinda am
but seriously i'd be all set!

cloth nappies
babywearing (safer with those zombies about)
co-sleeping (see above)
breastfeeding (less risky trying to find food for LO)

not intending to diss anyones parenting styles but just thought it would be fun to banter about ;)

Hmm don't think co-sleeping/cloth nappying/breastfeeding would make me feel all set.. I'd be too concerned with protecting Oli's brains from the living dead :haha:

This is an awesome thread! In fact, I was just thinking about this the other day...

I'd be totally screwed. I have a formula fed, disposable nappy wearing, crib ONLY sleeping baby who is prone to screaming.

On the flip side, she would probably make an amazing zombie. She's super intense. I wouldn't mess with her, even at just 17 pounds.

Not to sound morbid, but if it was an all out zombie apocalypse then I'd probably get my OH and LO and jump off somewhere high rather than put us all through constant terror and eventually being eaten alive... Babywearing and cloth nappies would be the last things on my mind!

zombies are well and truly my worst nightmare, cliff it is!

Yeah, easy way out for me I reckon if we were totally outnumbered. Don't think I'd be very good at fighting off billions of zombies :haha:

How strange! This evening I was driving with just my 12 yr old son and the roads and street were empty and we were talking about this! and hows the brst way to siphon petrol from cars lol.

Don't jump ladies!

Zombies are scary, but they're also really dumb and really slow. You could totally outsmart them. I've thought a lot about this.

Don't jump ladies!

Zombies are scary, but they're also really dumb and really slow. You could totally outsmart them. I've thought a lot about this.

Omg have you seen 28 days later? The zombies in that are FAST!! I'm heading for the cliffs with the other girls!

Oooooo! I love this topic!
For me, it would depend on when in my husband's shift cycle the apocalypse occurred. As he is a paramedic, if the outbreak started while he was on duty, I am pretty sure that he (and subsequently, we) would be amongst the first to be zombified.
But if he was on days off, we'd have a sporting chance, I think.
It would really depend on time of year here (winters here would add a whole other dimension to survival skills). I think I would be able to get us somewhere safe in the mountains and be able to keep us alive for awhile. I would head for my parent's house (8 hours by car through the mountains, so hopefully we'd have wheels) as my dad has hunting equipment and I think there are more places in a more remote area to hole up and survive.
If I managed to get through the first year and it didn't look like there was any hope, I would consider an exit strategy, I suppose. It would depend on the quality of life we managed to achieve, I guess.

Haha great thread!

I think I'd make a pretty good zombie, after the initial getting bitten and turning into a zombie I reckon its probably not that bad, it'd certainly be easier to be a zombie than spend the rest of my life running away from them. And I wouldn't even have to go to the bother of catching people to eat because I'll just go and scavenge at the bottom of that cliff :muaha:

Don't jump ladies!

Omg have you seen 28 days later? The zombies in that are FAST!! I'm heading for the cliffs with the other girls!

LOL! I think we need to specify what kind of zombies these are. Are they old school "Night of the Living Dead" zombies or the more advanced "28 Days Later" type zombies?

My zombie apocalypse plan is to turtle in behind my husband and cry my eyes out.

If they were slow zombies then I might have a fighting chance? If they were crazy fast zombies like in 28 Days Later then I'd be royally effed. :haha:

Don't jump ladies!

LOL! I think we need to specify what kind of zombies these are. Are they old school "Night of the Living Dead" zombies or the more advanced "28 Days Later" type zombies?

Okay, so no running for the cliffs immediately then. It's agreed that we wait for the news reports to tell us what kind of zombies they are and then we make our plans lol!!

If they're slow zombies I'm just going to hitch a ride with Sarahkka...I think we live in the same city!

Cleo, are you a Calgarian? :)

Yes! Born and raised!

Yay! Born and raised here is rare! :)
I grew up in the Kootenays and moved here in 2001.
You may join my ass-kicking zombie-dodging westward-trekking caravan! :)

ETA: let's just hope the zombies rise in the spring, so we have half a chance of making it before the blizzards take us out !:haha:

But...if they come in the winter maybe they'll freeze lol! Although, so might we!

There has been more than one zombie tale that has the undead rendered fairly inert in winter - they slow down and freeze up, sort of suspended animation. Plus, if we could get x-c skis, we'd be able to travel relatively quickly compared to walking. So, we'd just have to focus on getting enough supplies to last us the journey.
And hope that there were enough home-steady types that survived in the Kootenays that we could get a fairly stalwart commune going. Then it's all about hunkering down and killing off zombies! Sounds like an excellent plan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->