zoo!

miss.kayleigh

me, oh and jakey lee
Reaction score
my son is 1 on saturday and thinking of going to the zoo on sunday, do you think he will be too young or will he enjoy it? has anyone got any experience of taking them at this age?

I have no experience, but my son is 1 on Saturday too, and we were thinking of doin the exact same thing. lol.

He laughs so hard at dogs wen we walk past them, so I figured the Zoo would put a smile on his face, it can't do no harm can it? lol xx

Hope he has a great time x

aww thanks! happy birthday to your LO :) jake dos the same to dogs does a big high pitched wail and tries to grab them haha have a good day hun x

The zoo was great for my son at that age. I did a "test run" at a pet store to see if the animals caught his attention. We also took him to an aquarium at 14 months and he loved it.

I work at a Zoo and can tell you without hesitation that toddlers love it. They are usually more intrigued by the displays that have smaller animals that are up close so that they can really get a good look. My son loves our cichlid tank and watching the wild ducks and geese that hang out around the ponds on ground.
He was also very excited to watch the elephants taking a bath because he had just learnt that noise from his picture book and was very excited to make the connection.
I think the people watching is fascinating for little ones, too.
I say :thumbup: as a birthday outing! :)

We've been taking the boys since they were like 6mo. They love it! I can't wait to take them, it's finally warm enough, gotta go do it before it gets too hot

We took Poppy when she was 13 months. She enjoyed it, but the only thing I'd say is it would have been better if she was walking. She was still in her pram then but wanted to come out so she could see more and that meant we had to carry her.

I know they still have to be picked up to see stuff if they're walking, but I think it makes things easier if they can toddle around themselves. Have fun!!

Theakston looooves going to farms and things, he just laughs at all the animals so I wouldn't think twice about taking him to the zoo and he's 9months so at a year definitely :D

We took Tabs to a safari before she was one and she loved it :thumbup: I just wish there were petting zoos around here :nope:

sam loved the zoo he was more intreasted in trying to climb in with the monkeys than he was anything else :dohh: but when we did get him away he was soooo amazes by all the other animals :thumbup:

i can say ur little one will love it hope u have a great time :hugs:

I say go for it :D , We are off to the zoo for LOs second birthday on monday:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"