Zorb Cloth

Bix

Mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
Thinking ahead here as still only 28 weeks pregnant, but I used cloth nappies with my first babe and want to use them again.

I remember hearing about a new cloth for inserts last year (bizarrly while looking into bedding for our guinea pigs!) called Zorb Cloth and wondered if any of you had tried it, what you thought of it, and where you bought it (I only know of Wazoodle.com but that's in the US and not sure what their shipping charges to the UK are like).

Fairly sure Arcanegirl has a nappy where the insert is Zorb cloth :) I think it was a PoshBugs, but I don't think Heather is doing anymore with Zorb as it's just too expensive to get in :(

Zorb isn't that expensive (not exactly cheap either though), you can buy it by the metre from https://www.ecoearthfabrics.co.uk/showproduct.php?org_id=12831&product_id=12661. It's £18/m which sounds expensive but you'd get an awful lot of inserts for that.

It's not something you'd want to use on its own. It feels kind of like very thick wadding really. You wouldn't want it next to baby's skin, it's more for the core of a nappy or insert. I have read that if you don't cover it in something, it can come apart a bit in the wash, so you need to sandwich it between other fabrics.

It is very absorbent but I don't think you'd want more than 1 or 2 layers of it as it is quite stiff. I'd use it as the core to an insert made of something else like bamboo.

Yep my transformers nappy has Zorb in it, it is covered in other fabrics aswell to make it soft. I cant comment much yet as ive only used it once, but it lasted a good 3/4 hours with no prewashing.

Thank you :) eco earth fabrics seems to be coming up with just 60p postage on top of the £18 which seems a bit of a bargain so that works out quite good value for the amount of inserts that would make.

I used pocket nappies before which are tucked away in the loft ready for the next baby so the zorb would be safely away from baby's bottom. I've got various other inserts too so would be able to experiment a bit with combinations, so at that price I'm quite tempted to try it out. Thank you for the link! :)

Would still be interested to hear other people's experiences with it though :)

I've made some zorb inserts but rarely bother using them tbh. I made them with 2 layers sandwiched between bamboo fleece. Zorb needs to be sandwiched since it's a batted/felt consistency and would lose its shape in the wash if used alone.

I tried it hoping that 2 of my inserts would be a super absorbant nighttime combo but it didn't work out any better than a BGv3 insert/booster. I remember reading reviews of the stuff on another site and it seemed like most people still prefered their all bamboo or all hemp inserts over the zorb ones :shrug: I think it's supposed to be good at preventing compression leaks but I haven't had too many problems with compression leakage with our other inserts either so I don't know.

Rereading, this probably isn't too helpful, lol :) I know there are a few threads about zorb on DS that might be worth taking a look at though

Rereading, this probably isn't too helpful, lol :) I know there are a few threads about zorb on DS that might be worth taking a look at though

No, that is helpful, thank you! All views appreciated, whether you think it's good or bad. Sorry to be dim, but what's DS?

Sorry, not dim at all! Diaper Swappers- it's kinda like the american equivalent of cloth nappy tree :flower: Most of the posts about Zorb have been in the craft chat area

Your post actually made me haul out our Zorb inserts again this morning and Emma actually has one in her pocket atm :)

Ahh fab, thank you! Have had a look there, they seem to be quite mixed views on it don't they. I think the only answer is to try it for myself and see - but DS has certainly given me some good ideas on what to layer it with so that's great :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->