How did you recover after your c section?

I had such a terrible last three weeks of my pregnancy (extreme breathlessness, excessive swelling and high blood pressure) that I was being monitored wks32-36 and was trying to get to 37wks, that when my blood work came back and confirmed pre-eclampsia last friday, I had an immediate c-section, I was so relieved!

I had to go into intensive care immediately for magnesium sulfate over 24hours and wasn't able to see baby until later Saturday, but when I woke up on Sunday, most of my extreme symptoms were gone and I could breathe. My consultant told me not to be matryr and I took losts of painkillers, which has helped. I am now 5+day post c-section and am at home now. I feel okay, relieved and almost normal. Baby is still in hospital, but it's more to do with making sure he is feeding on his own, so hopefully be home tomorrow.

I am a bit sore and have to walk slowly, and my OH has to do all the housework (LOL!), but my recovery has been going well -- but in comparison to my last few weeks of pregnancy, not too hard.

best wishes

I am fairly happy with how my section went. It was planned, and I was very nervous about it, but it was not as bad as I had built up in my head! The op was fine, but took my breath away as they had to use forceps to get him out.. he was stuck high up! I had been most nervous about the spinal, the catheter and the recovery. I didn't feel the spinal or the catheter and I feel almost back to normal 3 weeks after the op... and was doing most normal things after a week. All in all, I would do it again!

wow speedy recovery! i was barely able to walk 3 weeks after!

I had such a terrible last three weeks of my pregnancy (extreme breathlessness, excessive swelling and high blood pressure) that I was being monitored wks32-36 and was trying to get to 37wks, that when my blood work came back and confirmed pre-eclampsia last friday, I had an immediate c-section, I was so relieved!

I had to go into intensive care immediately for magnesium sulfate over 24hours and wasn't able to see baby until later Saturday, but when I woke up on Sunday, most of my extreme symptoms were gone and I could breathe. My consultant told me not to be matryr and I took losts of painkillers, which has helped. I am now 5+day post c-section and am at home now. I feel okay, relieved and almost normal. Baby is still in hospital, but it's more to do with making sure he is feeding on his own, so hopefully be home tomorrow.

I am a bit sore and have to walk slowly, and my OH has to do all the housework (LOL!), but my recovery has been going well -- but in comparison to my last few weeks of pregnancy, not too hard.

best wishes

wow so sorry you had to suffer like that but glad youre on the mend now, i hope your son will be home soon :hugs:

:hugs: to the ladies that suffered.
I have to say I had an extremely positive experience with my caesarean (elective due to breech baby) The op itself was fine, apart from me losing a little too much blood (thankfully only had to take iron tablets afterwards) I found the recovery better than expected (the physical recovery was definitely quicker than my salpingectomy). I found walking/sneezing/ laughing painful for the first couple of weeks and felt completely back to normal after 4 weeks.

i would say the section went ok, but after i was in so much pain, i seem to find it hard to do anything, also found it hard when i was home like trying to get off the toilet and getting in and out the car.

:hugs: to the ladies that suffered.
I have to say I had an extremely positive experience with my caesarean (elective due to breech baby) The op itself was fine, apart from me losing a little too much blood (thankfully only had to take iron tablets afterwards) I found the recovery better than expected (the physical recovery was definitely quicker than my salpingectomy). I found walking/sneezing/ laughing painful for the first couple of weeks and felt completely back to normal after 4 weeks.

i remember my first section when i was laughing new years eve (4days pp) it was soooo painful my mum had to take me to bed 10 minutes before new year as laughing went to crying lol

i would say the section went ok, but after i was in so much pain, i seem to find it hard to do anything, also found it hard when i was home like trying to get off the toilet and getting in and out the car.

i found it sooo hard to get off the toilet, i had to gear myself up for it, 1 2 3 and go lol

I am fairly happy with how my section went. It was planned, and I was very nervous about it, but it was not as bad as I had built up in my head! The op was fine, but took my breath away as they had to use forceps to get him out.. he was stuck high up! I had been most nervous about the spinal, the catheter and the recovery. I didn't feel the spinal or the catheter and I feel almost back to normal 3 weeks after the op... and was doing most normal things after a week. All in all, I would do it again!

Yeh looking at some of these other posts it was really! I never had any trouble getting off the loo... in fact, it was a relief to be able to pee properly again. For the last few months of pregnancy I had to pee every half hour and it was only a trickle! First pee morning after my c-section I could have filled a bucket it was a good feeling! lol. The hardest part was getting up from laying down in bed. My OH had to grab my arms and I would pull against his cause it hurt my tummy muscles. Apart from that... wasn't too bad at all. It was now 3 weeks ago and the only pain I have is a stringy/sunburn type feeling on the skin above the scar. I even walked 40 mins today with the pram to get the LO weighed at the baby clinic.

Yeh looking at some of these other posts it was really! I never had any trouble getting off the loo... in fact, it was a relief to be able to pee properly again. For the last few months of pregnancy I had to pee every half hour and it was only a trickle! First pee morning after my c-section I could have filled a bucket it was a good feeling! lol. The hardest part was getting up from laying down in bed. My OH had to grab my arms and I would pull against his cause it hurt my tummy muscles. Apart from that... wasn't too bad at all. It was now 3 weeks ago and the only pain I have is a stringy/sunburn type feeling on the skin above the scar. I even walked 40 mins today with the pram to get the LO weighed at the baby clinic.

well done thats really good! i couldnt of done that! it made me feel so ill walking too much!

I had my c-section Jan 19th, emergency c-section. I was "awake" for the surgery, but the epidural pain relief wore off and they had to sedate me, so I missed out on the first cry and all the first moments of his birth. Lost a lot of blood during my section, was open for about 2 hours in the OR, so was put on a lot of iron.

Recovery wise, I bounced back really quickly, I was up within 10 hours and had taken a shower. The next afternoon of his birth I was able to walk down the hall and back. My staples were removed before leaving the hospital, 3 days after my section. I had some back pain for the first couple weeks due to the epidural, but that was about it. It took about a week for the pain of the incision to go away and my incision closed nicely. Still get headaches that I believe are from the epidural. Other than that, I am doing pretty good recovery wise.

MummyApril, I tried to watch TVBurp 4 days after my c section, bad idea :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"