• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

“Faint” and breathless feeling?

lpjkp

1st time Mommy!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I’d post in here considering I’m only a couple days away from 3rd trimester, and might be more applicable!!

For the last 3-4 weeks, I’ve been struggling in terms of light headed, faint-type feelings. I haven’t fainted, and sitting down usually helps (though leaves you with that painful head you get associated with fainting)...it’s not all the time, and not always when it’s really hot...tends to be mostly the 1st half of the day...I’ve tried upping my water intake, eating some sugary foods in the morning, generally trying to take it more easy, but it’s tough! I’ve also had my blood pressure checked, which was fine. I get breathless quite a lot too, even from something as simple as getting up to walk to the kitchen...I’m not over exerting myself, and I can breath normally, but it doesn’t feel like enough air gets in if that makes sense?

I don’t have my next midwife appointment until 30/8, and I’m not overly concerned because baby is now very active the majority of the time, but it’s something I definitely didn’t experience with my first!

Is there anyone that can empathise that’s in/has experienced these god awful pregnancy symptoms?

That's exactly how I felt before I got my iron supplements. Sounds like anemia. Iron takes a bit to get built up in your system and feel better (couple of days) but you can get some over the counter and see if it helps!

I agree about the iron. I had low iron levels and experienced breathlessness, feeling faint and more fatigued than usual or necessary. I’ve since been taking an iron supplement and upped my intake of iron rich foods. You should ask for your levels to be checked. I was misdiagnosed with pregnancy induced asthma, which just made my anemia worse while I waited for a correct diagnosis. I was so surprised to learn about all the symptoms of anemia: headaches, shortness of breath, cold intolerance (cold hands and feet), restless leg and the list goes on. Hope this helps.

Was also going to suggest iron deficiency. You should get your bloods checked at your 28w appointment (if in the U.K.) and that will let you know for sure, but may be worth investing in a supplement now

Thanks everyone! I’ve bought some iron supplements, so will see how they go!

Just to update (in case anyone in future searches for the same thing), I was finally diagnosed with the following (though not until after 36 weeks!):

-polyhydramnios (increased amniotic fluid, can cause such things as breathlessness)

-vitamin b12 deficiency (again, can cause breathlessness and faint feeling)

Polyhydramnios: was diagnosed after my fundal height measured 44 weeks at 35 weeks, and confirmed via ultrasound. Had to have a TORCH test and GTT test again, both came back negative- just a monitoring situation and no plans to induce me, just be aware of cord prolapse and go straight into hospital should I get any pains or if my waters leak or break.

Vitamin b12: 5 injections on alternate days.

Glad you found out what it was!!! Oh man that’s a lot of water to measure that far ahead. I hope everything goes really well from here on out and things get more comfortable for you!

Glad you figured it out. I had polyhydramnios my first pregnancy. Midwives didn’t think I’d make it to my due date, but I did. When my water broke though it was very apparent that I was carrying extra fluid. Wishing you well in these final weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->