• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

£20 charge to see GP

This is stupid, but not unexpected...the governments been priming us to become more Americanised with these kinds of issues for ages, only worse obviously because basically were paying twice over

Its awful. The healthcare system is often tough enough on people already and people are struggling financially. I know we dont just have £20 free randomly...its not a "small charge", its half our weeks shopping!

Where is the line drawn at what is emergency care? Huge amount of room for misjudgement there...people will be staying at home all over the country and suffering, which is potentially very dangerous for them. Its bad enough that I now have to sit and try and convince a receptionist, someone with zero medical training, that Im ill enough to warrant seeing the doctor

:growlmad:

This is stupid, but not unexpected...the governments been priming us to become more Americanised with these kinds of issues for ages, only worse obviously because basically were paying twice over

But this hasn't come from the government! It's a stupid right-wing think tank.

On the suggestion of charging for people who have self-inflicted illness, I just want to point out that an awful lot of funding for the NHS comes from taxes applied to things like alcohol and cigarettes. The drinkers and smokers keep the rest of us in good health!

I can see where you are all coming from but how many of us WOULDN'T pay the charge if we were on our death bed? I would. I hardly go to the doctors anyway :shrug: Not been about myself for years (not inc. pregnancy).

Its not that I wouldnt, but I couldnt. We just dont have any spare money, it all goes on bills, food, rent, clothes for kids etc.

Amy love your new avatar SO cute x

Thanks Tasha, decided i needed a change! Sick of seeing the same old tickers and avatar! So changed the lot :)

I dont need another reason to not go doctors, My Oh already pays for a private doctor and dentist but still has to pay for the NHS... If they started charging £20 to see the doctor Kyle would be the only one in my house having appointments we could not afford to go our selfs, with bills, food, the amount we have to pay for Oh to get to work to earn money :dohh:

Oh and my grans Hubby would not pay even on his death bed his so tight.. He still had a black and white tv till a few years ago because it was cheaper.

Again, this isn't even happening, but even if it did, do none of you go to the dentist?

PB... we know :lol: Just chatting about it is all

And no.. i don't go to the dentist unless it's free. Hell, i think i've lost my place at the one i was registered at. Simply can't afford it.

If you dont claim benefits everyone has to pay for the dentist I thought? Cept children under 16 course.

You dont have to pay when you have the Mat exemption card. So yeah, with the exception of when you have the card and being on benefits you have to pay. Unfortunately, we just cannot afford it. Clothe my baby or see to my teeth... hmm

I have never paid for the dentist, I was in full time education until I was pregnant, since then I have been pregnant or have a baby under one so maternity excemption (2003 until May 2009), not needed to go since.

You dont have to pay when you have the Mat exemption card. So yeah, with the exception of when you have the card and being on benefits you have to pay. Unfortunately, we just cannot afford it. Clothe my baby or see to my teeth... hmm

Amy you should still have mat exemption hun?

See I always go to the dentist if I need to. I'd get the money from somewhere (ie. not going to the next sale :rofl:) You only get one set of teeth!

It ran out already. And the one i have from Evie is no longer valid and i have to return it, as she was born before 24 weeks. Just like everything else, mat leave, grants, birth cert. :(

LOL Blah my children walking naked is probably a bad thing.

Amy I am going to pm you :hug:

Do they do payment plan kinda things with dentists? Neither me or OH go to the dentists as we honestly dont have the money. I went last year when i was medically exempt but £16 to get seen to and then £50 for minor treatment is too expensive, and that isnt including repeat visits. Just wondering if anywhere offers any kind of insurance?

It ran out already. And the one i have from Evie is no longer valid and i have to return it, as she was born before 24 weeks. Just like everything else, mat leave, grants, birth cert. :(

:growlmad: that makes me really angry. How dare they act like your little princess didn't exsist just because she was born too soon. Basts!

It's the same for everyone though Blah... it's sickening to be honest. I think more people would understand if they had any idea what a 20 week + baby looks like. You CANNOT just dismiss it as a 'miscarriage' because it wasn't. End of.

Do they do payment plan kinda things with dentists? Neither me or OH go to the dentists as we honestly dont have the money. I went last year when i was medically exempt but £16 to get seen to and then £50 for minor treatment is too expensive, and that isnt including repeat visits. Just wondering if anywhere offers any kind of insurance?

If you are with an NHS dentist they can only charge a certain amount.

•£16.50 - This charge includes an examination, diagnosis and preventive care. If necessary, this includes X-rays, scale and polish, and planning for further treatment. Urgent and out-of-hours care also costs £16.50.
•£45.60 - This charge includes all necessary treatment covered by the £16.50 charge PLUS additional treatment such as fillings, root canal treatment or extractions.
•£198 -This charge includes all necessary treatment covered by the £16.50 and £45.60 charges PLUS more complex procedures such as crowns, dentures or bridges.

Thats the max I think :) so youre talking 16.50 for a checkup and fisherseals if you need them every 6 months-1year. Not exactly bank breaking :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->