£30 for a haircut....

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
... for Arfur the bunny! :shock:

You might remember me posting about his "behavioural issues" (according to the vet) a few months back. Anyway he'd got a load of poo matted in his fur in the last couple of days. DH and I tried to clean him up in the sink, but it was a no hoper and we were getting soaked! It can be really dangerous in bunnies cos they can get something called fly-strike which can kill them, so whisked him down the vets to get it sorted.

They had to shave a load of his fur off round his tail and and back legs so much so that his tail is just a little skinny stump rather than a fluffy white tail. I think he's a bit disappointed with his new look! :roll:

£30 though! I pay £45 for mine and I get colours and 2 hours of pampering for that!! :lol:

:hugs: Awe Poor Arfur. Give him little bunny kisses for me...:hugs:

£30??? Your MAD!

Lol would have done it myself lmfao!
xxx

wow lucky bunny! :D

im off to get my hair done at 6, i only pay a tenner lol

xx

Bloody hell, you ought to say something! next time get the clippers out yourself I reckon.

We think we might have to do the same with Jasperbunny - he is going through a stage of sitting in his toilet corner and getting wee and poo in his fur. Is driving me bananas!! Might ask for a perm as well if they are going to charge that much ;)

LMFAO beanie!!

See if they will do his highlights at half price pmsl!
xxx

that would do me 3 haircuts and colours!!!!

jeez !! for £30 you could have at least asked them to put a few highlights in his fur !!!! lmao

Is he getting enough hay in his diet, this can be the cause of soft poo, also if he is over weight he wont be able to eat his soft poos (which they are meant to eat ) and they end up stuck round his bum.. they need a good quality hay like timothy hay as it also helps keep their teeth short.

Be VERY careful if you try to do it your self with clippers bunny skin is very thin and it can tear very easily and then he will need stitches!

We're really careful over his diet. He has loads of hay and only the pellets recommended by the vet and the right amount. Definitely not overweight as he gets weighed quite regularly and is the perfect weight. The vet says that some bunnies are just like that and despite everything they don't look after themselves properly. Frustrating really because he is so well cared for and loved compared to some bunnies.

I'm not sure I'd dare to clip him myself. The vet did a pretty thorough job, although he looks a bit sad without a fluffy tail! Vet did say I can take him to the nurse next time he needs doing and I guess that would be cheaper.

Hope Jasperbunny is ok, Beanie. If only they could talk!!

I think thats its him doing a dirty protest. Whe the weather was gorgeous he was in the garden all the time but now its raining he is stuck in his run and is sulking. Its not like he is all cooped up, he lives in a 6 ft by 6 ft run with a huge hutch in but I think he got a wee bit spoilt so is sitting in his poo to show me he's not happy. And with the rain its not the nicest thing. His fur is similar to your bunny's. Will try and find a pic

poor bunny - some really dont help them selves at all!
I must admit i don't think i'd ever have a rabbit as a pet again! i've had 4 rabbits and only one was relatively friendly, the first rabiit i had i was quite young so never really had much to do with it, the second rabbit 'Skippy' was a cow for about the first 5 yrs then he mellowed and was a right character i would go in and sit with him and he woudl run around me grunting and then nudge me if i didnt fuss him! he would never sleep in his cage he would sleep on top of it! i had to have him put down when he was 10 yrs old.
Then i got two girl rabbits a Netherland Dwarf and a dwarf lop, both girls Dillen and Tinker the were ok, but i couldnt handle them even though i'd handled them lots i wanted to harness train them but it failed, they were very agressive suppose if i'd had them spayed it may have helped.
Dillen was put down and Tinker was left on her own so i rehomed to a family with another rabbit that had free run of the garden and shelived happily for another 4 yrs!
I think i'd stick with Rats they make the most wonderful pets - but thats another thread!!

Forgot to say i almost took on a blind French lop rabbit he was such a hunk, about the size of a cat! but i couldnt really give it the attention it deserved.

jesus christ! Im going to take Fifi to the vets when I get paid for her vaccinations and a microchip, Im scared she will catch something and I petrified of discovering a dead bunny :-( but thats gonna cost me around £50! expensive little things they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->