°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

Hi everyone, it's good to be able to chat to you all again.

I'm now 32 weeks and doing really well. Cora is now measuring at about 2 weeks behind and has grown ridiculous amounts recently, so my doctor thinks it's unlikely I'll go early or need my induction on Sept. 1st, but I am having weekly scans to monitor her growth and development.

Congratulations to your friend, Darkest. I'll keep her and baby in my thoughts until we hear s/he is home.

Karen, congragts again to your friend, I really hope her wee boy is home soon... hope your MW appt goes well!
Mumsince, come to FB! When are you due to be induced?
FG, hope your eviction plans go well when the time comes :)
Taz hope your hospital tour goes well! Fingers crossed your wee one will turn and you'll get to the birthing centre, but at least this way it'll be somwhere familiar if you have to use the hospital
Jessy, great news that Cora is growing so well! I hope you're keeping well too :)
As for me, baby had turned head down at appt last week, but I think he/she was lying transverse again yesterday... I have MW in a week and a half, then back to docs at 38 weeks, 2 weeks later.
They want me to repeat my glucouse screening cos I have big babies. I don't want to. I'm not worried about having big baby.
How often are folks having their checkups now?

I have one next week and then I think they become fortnightly?? Not sure xx

My next appointment is this Wednesday, August 1st & I have them weekly throughout August until the boys arrive plus weekly NST's on the boys which are done every Saturday.

Happy 32 weeks Jessy!

Hello all! Good to have the thread open again :) and glad everyone is doing well! Jessy- really great to hear Cora has grown loads! Lucy- hope baby turns back to head down position- I am sure my little man keeps changing position between head down and transverse but every appointment he is head down! My appointments are still fortnightly at the moment but from 36 weeks are weekly, although have two obgyn appointments in one week as OB is away on holiday during week 37.
Karen- congrats again to your friend on the birth of her little boy and hope he is able to go home soon.
Princess Taz- hope the hospital tour goes well, have my fingers crossed that you are able to give birth in the birth centre.
Mumsince- glad to hear you are doing well. When is your induction scheduled for?
Florida Girl- good luck for going into labour before scheduled induction! Hope the hospital tour goes well too.
AFM, I am now 34w3d - had a growth scan last Monday and little man is two weeks ahead of himself in growth, scan weighed him in at 5lb 14oz. I have another growth scan in 2 and a half weeks. Currently, have scheduled induction for 41 weeks but hoping baby will make an appearance before then!

Having trouble with pm. Forvfacebook group.

Kat warren (kathleen)

https://www.facebook.com/katw.mumsince2010?ref=ts

Kasey, your bubba is a nice, good size!! :D

Mumsince, I just sent you a friends request

Just updated the fb group.

Friend is doing well, bp still a bit high but hopefully that will sort itself out soon. She is sore from the section but coping well.
Baby O has to be 'fully feeding' before being able to come home so they are starting him on milk today to see how he tolerates it. Mummy says O is 'a strong little man'. <3
She also put some pics on, he is so sweet. Lots of hair! I will ask her if it's ok to post one for you to see him.

Jessy, so glad Cora is growing well! You are doing a great job.
Lucy, i have my next apt at 34 weeks (should have been 32 really but hey ho, guess MW's didn't feel it necessary even though doc wanted them to check bp regularly!) Then evey 2 weeks till 40 weeks, then 41 i think (if i get that far).
Oh no, tell a lie. My next one is on Thurs (on their dates 34 + 1, on mine 33 + 5).

Kacey, you baby is a good weight! I have another scan in 1 week and am really interested to see how big/small baby is.

Good to hear Baby is doing OK :)

I'm 35 weeks today, and 7 years married today!

Good to hear Baby is doing OK :)

I'm 35 weeks today, and 7 years married today!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I have 2 other friends celebrating their first wedding anniversary's today so it must be a good day! x

Jessy so glad Cora is growing well, you've done brilliant!
My midwife comes to my house at 36weeks to go through the birth plan, does anyone elses do this? Then I see her at clinic every 2 weeks until delivery I believe.

Hey ladies, yahoo for this getting reopened yay!!

Just a quickly.....glad we are all doing fab! In answer to checkups I go weekly and have been since 30weeks..... I'm diabetic though .... I go weekly till the end but I go at 38weeks so I only have 5weeks left wahooooo,...... Bring on my princess getting here I'm so excited! Got one more growth scan at 36weeks on the 22aug nd I get the tour of my hospital next tues yahooo

It's all happening for all of us

Love to you all xoxox

yay Ezza!! I have 5 weeks left, but I think more like 7. I think my appts are still fortnightly, so that seems pretty normal

Not posted for a while, hope everyone well. Been moving house finally not living in my Mums tiny one bed flat! I still have hyperemesis been prescribed ondanestron, also iron been failing so tomorrow or wednesday I am having an iron infusion, has anyone had one drips scare me and dont know what to expect other than they take bloods first and it takes four hours

xx

FloridaGirl - Did have a list but she covered everything anyway.
I can't believe that in the next couple of weeks you could have your little boys, eeeek it's so exciting :)) x

Jessy - Wow she really has caught up now, that's fab news. Which colour pram did you go with in the end? x

Holywood - The tour went well thanks, not where I'd prefer to be but at least I'm prepared for it. As for checks ups I see my midwife every 3 weeks and I have an appointment with my consultant at 36 weeks where she'll hopefully sign me over to full midwife led care.
Hope you're enjoying your anniversary :) x

Kasey - Tour went ok thanks, hopefully I won't have to go there though. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed you don't go over lol. Are they planning on inducing because of baby's size or just because you'll be overdue? x

Ezza - Hope you enjoy your tour hun! x

Lyndsay - My midwife hasn't mentioned anything to me about coming to my house, she did do my booking in appointment at home though. x

Ljayne - Yay for moving, hope you're settling in nicely. Hope your infusion goes ok x

AFM - Tour of the hospital went ok. The rooms were really small and clinical but the staff seemed friendly. It was a group tour and it was running late so nobody got chance to ask any questions but I think she explained everything. I don't really want to have my baby there if I'm honest 1. Because it's not in my home town 2. Because it was all really clinical 3. I really want a water birth and my OH to be able to stay with me over night. They did have a birth centre too so even if my consultant doesn't agree to let me use my home towns birth centre I might be able to use that one because they have the labour ward as well just down the corridor (home town is just a birth centre so if anything went wrong would have to be transferred to the other hospital anyway. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much and plus baby might stay breech will mean I don't have a choice anyways!

Taz- glad to hear tour went ok- saw also your post on Facebook, at least there is the option of birth centre led care in your hospital. Do they have any birthing pools at the hospital? I gave birth at the birth centre in the hospital and was able to use the birthing pool which was lovely. I have my fingers crossed that you will be signed off consultant care at 36 weeks! The scheduled induction is if I go overdue- my OB doesn't want me to go over 41 weeks. However, they may induce earlier depending on growth scan at 37 weeks, but they wouldn't induce any earlier than 39 weeks. I am not overly keen on the whole induction process, and I have asked for membrane sweeps first as would rather go into labour naturally. Will have to see what happens!
Lucy- hope you had a nice Anniversary! Happy 35 weeks again!
Ljayne- hope the move went well and good luck for the iron infusion and hope all goes well.
Erin- hope you enjoy your hospital tour next week!

Taz- glad to hear tour went ok- saw also your post on Facebook, at least there is the option of birth centre led care in your hospital. Do they have any birthing pools at the hospital? I gave birth at the birth centre in the hospital and was able to use the birthing pool which was lovely. I have my fingers crossed that you will be signed off consultant care at 36 weeks! The scheduled induction is if I go overdue- my OB doesn't want me to go over 41 weeks. However, they may induce earlier depending on growth scan at 37 weeks, but they wouldn't induce any earlier than 39 weeks. I am not overly keen on the whole induction process, and I have asked for membrane sweeps first as would rather go into labour naturally. Will have to see what happens!

Yeah they do have pools at the hospital too, it would just be nice to give birth in my home town. The birth centre I want to use is only at the bottom of my street, a 5 min walk so would be perfect. I've always liked to be in control but I guess baby is the one running this show. Whatever is the best way to get s/he here safely is the most important thing so I just need to chill out a bit. Yeah I can understand not wanting to be induced, fingers crossed you won't need to be xx

Has anyone done their birth plan yet? Midwife is doing mine on 7th August but to be honest im quite happy to just 'go with the flow.' I dont really have anything I really want or dont want. Im not too bothered about a water birth and obviously Id like the birth to be as natural as possible, but i will do whatever the midwife thinks is best at that time.
Do they document who you want at the birth, and who you want to cut the cord etc? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->