• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

I just wanted to drop by and say hey again (and i do pop into the FB group also and see all the pics you put on). I do read all the posts but prefer to just sit back quietly. I do have my own journal if anyone is interested but it doesn't get updated to often lol. Looking forward to hearing/seeing birth announcements in a couple of months!
Loving how the poll is (currently) so close with boys and girls! I wonder what our yellow bumps will be!!??

I passed my GTT!! Well it was the screening test anyway (no fasting thankfully) but I'm in the clear - I just have big babies without GD then! Not sure I want another 5kg/11lb baby thouhg...
Lynne, how did your results go?
Congrats on your girl freeg :)
Darkest :wave: Are you yellow too?

So pleaed my glucouse results were fine, even made the call in German :) Back to pregnancy yoga tonight, the instructor was away on honeymoon for a month (lucky her!) so I've been missing it...

I passed my GTT!! Well it was the screening test anyway (no fasting thankfully) but I'm in the clear - I just have big babies without GD then! Not sure I want another 5kg/11lb baby thouhg...
Lynne, how did your results go?
Congrats on your girl freeg :)
Darkest :wave: Are you yellow too?

So pleaed my glucouse results were fine, even made the call in German :) Back to pregnancy yoga tonight, the instructor was away on honeymoon for a month (lucky her!) so I've been missing it...

Yes hun, was with my other 2 as well so i thought, why change the habit of a lifetime lol. :haha:
Glad your glucose test was fine. But i don't envy you the big bubbas! :hugs: Will the induce you this time?

I don't envy you either holywoodmum!

Ick, it's so hot right now. Well actually it's really humid which is why it's uncomfortable. I think it's around 92F right now, with thunderstorms due all week. I'm from California so I'm used to it being warm but this is just gross.

I hope you're all having a good weekend. I am currently looking online for a stroller as I have yet but there's so many, I don't know where to start!

I don't envy you either holywoodmum!

Ick, it's so hot right now. Well actually it's really humid which is why it's uncomfortable. I think it's around 92F right now, with thunderstorms due all week. I'm from California so I'm used to it being warm but this is just gross.

I hope you're all having a good weekend. I am currently looking online for a stroller as I have yet but there's so many, I don't know where to start!

Jessy.. I know what you mean. for the last 3 days we have had hot hot hot weather and the humidity..ughh sucks!! Friday it was 117, saturday was 110 and sunday was 104. Of course we had severe storms friday night, and sat evening storms were so bad that a tornado touched down less than a mile from my house. ughh.. pregnant and heat/humidity does NOT mesh well together.

Hi ladies :hi: how is everyone?

We're having some of the wettest weather ever here in the UK, it's been the wettest April-June on record. Some of the downpours have been ridiculous. It's not hot though which tbh I am glad of as I can't cope in the heat right now!

I finally ordered our pram :happydance: got the Oyster and got an amazing deal from Mothercare - they price matched to some online prices I found, then took 20% off THAT as they had that deal on their website, then we got the car seat free too! So the whole travel system ended up costing not much over £300 including carrycot, car seat and colour pack. I was well chuffed :haha:

Ooh and if you've not seen it, Kiddicare have a baby event on right now, I got a few bits including an Avent steam steriliser for £8.50, a changing mat for a fiver, and some bits like hats/socks :thumbup:

Holywood yay for GTT passing :D

Elhaym - That's a brilliant deal, I wish I'd of shopped around more now! I got the Oyster too and I love going into the nursery and having a look at it lol, can't wait to use it properly. What colour pack did you get? I got mine in Claret :)

As for the weather here, I'm not complaining! I love the rain anyway and that freak heat wave we had in May nearly killed me! xx

Jessy and 2boys - I don't envy either of you! I don't know how you cope with the heat, let alone the storms! xx

Darkest - Hi there stranger, it's nice to hear from you. Glad everything is going well :) xx

Holywood - Yay for passing and for calling in German :) xx

I think we were just really lucky, I had no idea Mothercare had a 20% off deal on their website (I think it was for spending over £100) and also a package deal on the oyster so you got a free car seat, it was really good of them to add that on as I'd never have known if they hadn't said anything because I'd not checked the website! The bloke spent ages on the computer sorting it out for us bless him! I went for the grape colour, I couldn't decide between that and claret because they're both lovely :)

I'm so glad you said that about the rain! I'm so much more of an autumn/winter person - much prefer the clothes and I'd much rather be cold and then get snuggly and warm rather than try and cool down in the heat which is impossible. I hate all the insects that come out too, and trying to sleep at night!

Where I live it doesn't usually get any hotter than 95F, but as I'm in California and it doesn't rain that often, it can feel a lot hotter. Thank god for air con, ha.

Elhaym, that sounds like a great deal. I just googled the stroller your talking about and it looks amazing! We don't really have that style here in the US which is annoying. I like the bassinet option (or carrycot as I've learned it's called in the UK!), but it's mainly travel systems here, which are nice but I much prefer your ones :haha:

Natalie, I have been on the website but it doesn't look like the carrycot comes with it. Can you tell me how you got it as I want that pram lol xx

Yeah they were out of stock on the carrycot to order, so he got round it by selling us the display one and then he's going to ring me when they are available again and swap it for a new one, or else we couldn't get the deal. IMO you're best off going into the store if you get chance and see what the staff can do, they were really helpful and spent ages trying to sort it for me! Hopefully they'll have the carrycots in soon x

This is the offer page

https://www.mothercare.com/Oyster-P...ory%20landing-_-Oyster%20Pram%20_%20Pushchair

We price matched the mirror chassis from Samueljohnston.com for 250, colour pack from kiddisave for 44.99 and carrycot from bambinodirect 103.50. The items have to be in stock on the sites. It might be an idea to ring the Blackburn store and ask if they know when they are getting the carrycots in as you are interested in the package deal x

Same here, I'm much more of an autumn/winter person, I always joked with OH I wanted an autumn baby so I guess we got lucky. I actually really hate summer, I have a massive phobia of bees and wasps. I literally end up in tears if one comes near me. That's another good thing about the Oyster, it has a built in insect net so I don't have to worry about saving the baby as well as myself! lol

Jessy - Could you not get your sister to get your pram from ever here and just pay for the shipping?

PrincessTaz, my sister was going to get the iCandy Strawberry for me (before they pushed our order back to September, great timing there!) but there was some issues with the car seat compatibility. The UK Pebble and CabrioFix carseats made by Maxi Cosi didn't meet the US legal carseat requirements and so we were going to purchase the Maxi Cosi Mico (US version of the CabrioFix), but iCandy couldn't guarantee compatibility, the waranty could become invalid by us using the carseat as they hadn't safety tested it for that stroller model and if there were problems with the stroller, it couldn't be fixed in the US. It's quite lengthy and so we decided it'd be easier to get a stroller here.

We went out stroller shopping yesterday (even when we're on 'vacation', ha) and I saw the Mamas and Papas Urbo. My sister said it's a popular brand in the UK and it looks like a nice stroller. I love the bassinet feature. Does anyone here have it? Or know of anyone who does? It looks and feels nice, I got to push it a little in the store. We also have the Sola, which I like, just not as much. It'd be good to hear some opinions of the Urbo.

They are both really popular over here and I like them both. I was originally going to get the Sola in purple but everyone said it would be too girly for a boy and the reviews wern't great. Now the Urbo had really good reviews and and looked much better quality in the showroom to be honest. Both are good looking prams though :)

My sister said they're popular and she'd seen them a lot when she was looking for a stroller for me (this was prior to us deciding on the iCandy) and I like the look of it a lot. It's easy to push and generally use which is also good :lol:

We're starting our celebrations for the Fourth today so I won't be online much over the next few days. I hope you're all good, healthy and babies are good too! :D

I think she should of deffo mentioned it to you or even asked if you were ok with it, but with it only being a car journey away she might not of thought it was a big issue. Hormones will probably make it worse as well, I get worked up over the smallest things these days xx

Elhaym - That's a brilliant deal, I wish I'd of shopped around more now! I got the Oyster too and I love going into the nursery and having a look at it lol, can't wait to use it properly. What colour pack did you get? I got mine in Claret :)

As for the weather here, I'm not complaining! I love the rain anyway and that freak heat wave we had in May nearly killed me! xx

Jessy and 2boys - I don't envy either of you! I don't know how you cope with the heat, let alone the storms! xx

Darkest - Hi there stranger, it's nice to hear from you. Glad everything is going well :) xx

Holywood - Yay for passing and for calling in German :) xx

well.. like Jessy said.. thank god for air conditioning.. I think i could deal with the heat if it just wasn't so humid. the humidity it what kills me.. today it's suppose to be 97 and could be hotter with the heat index.. ughh.. I want to move to a place where its constant 70 degrees with no humidity.. ahh I'd love that :thumbup:

Move to England! We are having the worst summer ever, not that I'm complaining lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->