£500 free for your baby, and you dont have to pay it back!!

lilshortass

Reaction score
Sure Start Maternity Grant

What is it for?

£500 to help with the costs of having a new baby.

Do I need to be on benefits?

You can get Sure Start Maternity Grant if you or your partner get:

Income Support
Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
Pension Credit
Child Tax Credit which includes an amount higher than the family element - you receive more than £545 a year (or £1,090, if you have a child under one) (2005/06 figures), or
Working Tax Credit where a disability or severe disability element is included in the award

Do I have to pay it back?

No

I wasn't sure if anyone knew about this, as apparently not many people do, so i thought i'd let you know! You can get an application form from you local job center (i think?)

It rules most people out I am afraid,not good eh?

But good if you qualify. Tip if money going to drop significantly after babes born then apply then

bex

you can apply from something like 30 weeks pregnant to the baby being 1 yearold

You can apply for that from 29 weeks pregnant up until 3 months after the baby is born :)

oops! yeah, here are the facts:

You can claim the grant at any time from the 29th week of your pregnancy until your child is three months old.

If you're adopting a baby or, in certain circumstances, have been granted a residence order, you must claim the grant within three months of the adoption or date of the residence order and the child should be no more than 12 months old when you claim.

If you've been granted a parental order for a surrogate birth, you must claim within three months of the date of the parental order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->