“Shy” Baby on Ultrasound?

Robynxo

Finally there! Due in July 2019!
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I’ve had two ultrasounds (one at 8 weeks and one at 12). Both times my baby is facing where we can only see his/her back. I never got a good 12 week profile photo that a lot of people are able to get. I’m just wondering if anyone else experienced this and if you had trouble doing a gender scan. I know I’ve only had two scans, and I plan to get another soon, but I’m worried I will never see the baby’s face :shrug:

The photo is basically all we got at the 12 week scan.

85497948-B994-4830-9F4D-ADA4479FA95C.jpeg

When baby is a bit bigger I’m sure it would be possible to get more ultrasound pictures. My current baby wouldn’t allow us to see the gender last time earlier this monthblol so we’re going to be waiting another 2 weeks for my next appointment.

Have you tried drinking something cold about 15 minutes before your scan like ice water? If that doesn't work Orange juice should get the baby moving. Good luck!

When baby is a bit bigger I’m sure it would be possible to get more ultrasound pictures. My current baby wouldn’t allow us to see the gender last time earlier this monthblol so we’re going to be waiting another 2 weeks for my next appointment.

I feel like this will be similar to my experience :lol: Good luck!

Have you tried drinking something cold about 15 minutes before your scan like ice water? If that doesn't work Orange juice should get the baby moving. Good luck!

Thank you! At my 8 week, I was told to drink orange juice and heard something about caffeine but I wasn’t told why. I guess now I’ve figured out why. #-oI’m definitely doing that for the next one! Lol

When I had my first scan with this baby it kept turning over. The sonographer got me to jump up and down and wiggle my hips to get baby in a position so she could do the measurements. It took ages! But when I had my anomaly scan at 20 weeks the sonographer had no problem finding out that our little baby is a boy.

My current baby was opposite, wouldn't sit still long enough to get a photo or do measurements, flipping on to tummy, then back to his/her back, then I saw their back. I'm looking forward to our experience with the gender scan on the 8th Feb.

2 previous boys, I got good profile pics but had to go for a walk and drink fizzy drink as they were just lazy and wouldn't move to get measurements

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->