♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Hey all hope you're all feeling good.

You look great mwel :blush: wish I had good legs like yours .. That's quite a party... I would have left pretty quickly lol but at least you were at the beach!

Kiwi have you tried coconut oil? That's what I take when I'm on low Carb.. Kinda kick starts the metabolism and I read it's good internally and externally for stretch marks. It's supposed to also stabilize blood sugar too

AFM I still am having breathing problems at night Esp last night no matter how much I prop up etc etc. But I know it's all worth it
Also last appointment Dr confirmed that placenta is not blocking my cervix.. Thank God. I had to giggle tho-- ob went to put the Doppler on my stomach and baby kicks it like get that outta here!:haha: Hee hee

Attachments

• 24wks.jpg
    24wks.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
Molly you look great!!

I haven't tried the coconut oil no, but I'm assuming it's probably the same as the apple cider vinegar pills. Except it obviously doesn't help with stretch marks. Ever since I've been sparingly using my seizure medication I'm not as hungry anymore. I've barely been eating and normally I would have eaten a lot compared to only a couple bites of food. I'm only going to take my seizure medication from now on before bed if I feel anxious. I'm back to the way I was eating before I got pregnant when I was a hundred 20 lb. I really think it was the seizure medication not only causing the weight gain but the appetite as well.

Hi ladies, huge update.

Last week I went to the hospital because I was feeling terrible (migraine, nausea, back pain) and had extremely high blood pressure and proteins in my urine. I was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. They managed to keep me stable for three days. In that time they gave me steroid shots to help baby girl's lungs develop more. I went in on Tuesday and on Friday night (Sept 21) I had a csection and baby girl was delivered. She gave us the most amazing little cry before being whisked away to NICU.

She was successfully intibated and so far is doing well. She was only 14 oz and 10 inches and born at 23 weeks and 5 days. She’s super tiny, but a fighter.

Her name is Cleo Evangeline. I came home from the hospital yesterday. I’m still on high blood pressure meds but healing more every day. It was a very emotional experience, but my whole family was here and my husband is AMAZING.

So sorry to hear that you're going through that Nova, I hope she continues to thrive. Keep us updated on how she's doing. Preemies are fighters.

Hi ladies, huge update.

Last week I went to the hospital because I was feeling terrible (migraine, nausea, back pain) and had extremely high blood pressure and proteins in my urine. I was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. They managed to keep me stable for three days. In that time they gave me steroid shots to help baby girl's lungs develop more. I went in on Tuesday and on Friday night (Sept 21) I had a csection and baby girl was delivered. She gave us the most amazing little cry before being whisked away to NICU.

She was successfully intibated and so far is doing well. She was only 14 oz and 10 inches and born at 23 weeks and 5 days. She’s super tiny, but a fighter.

Her name is Cleo Evangeline. I came home from the hospital yesterday. I’m still on high blood pressure meds but healing more every day. It was a very emotional experience, but my whole family was here and my husband is AMAZING.

Oh honey! I will be praying for her and you! That has to be incredibly hard! Happy Birthday little Cleo! Love the name. <3

Oh my word Nova, congratulations. I hope she continues to do well in NICU, what a strong little girl. Will be keeping a close eye for your updates on how you are both doing.

Oh goodness Nova! This pregnancy has been full of twists for you! I hope she does well in the nicu and you can bring her home soon. Biggest hugs to you :hugs:

Kiwi be careful with those meds! Did they advise you wean off them or are you testing the waters yourself?

Nova you’ve done so well & hopefully Cleo does super well in NICU :hugs:

Giggle, testing it myself. Don't be too concerned though, my seizures aren't triggered like normal epilepsy. Mine are psychogenic (NES) or Frontal lobe seizures (FLE), maybe even some other type i don't know about, so I can kind of feel when I might be at risk of getting one. All of my seizures have been at night while I'm sleeping or in the morning right after I wake up when my anxiety is the highest. I honestly think that anti-anxiety medication would help me more than seizure medication. All I know is that I'm not triggered by lights or anything, it's really confusing because I have multifocal onset seizures that turn into tonic clonic seizures. This means that my entire brain is affected when I have the seizure and I have the unconscious form known as grand mal seizures (losing Consciousness, shaking, stop breathing etc). I also get an aura before it happens which wakes me up, I get really hot mostly in the back of my neck, dizzy, sometimes throw up and have a super intense feeling of fear like the world's going to end. I'm hoping that once I see the neurologist I'll be able to figure out exactly what I have. Btw most preemies stay in NICU till around their due dates (some even longer sadly).

Nova, how's the pumping coming along? Once you're able to start teaching Cleo to breastfeed (around 32/33 weeks depending on the baby) make sure you ask to room in with her as much as you can. Most NICU, especially a level 4 have the abiity, but the spots go quick.

Nova congrats on your little girl and I&#8217;m happy to hear that she is doing ok so far. I hope for nothing but the best for you both.

How much do you get to see her, Nova? I can't even imagine how little she must be! :hugs:

How much do you get to see her, Nova? I can't even imagine how little she must be! :hugs:

I know I'm not Nova, but usually you can see them whenever you want. Even in the middle of the night. As for size, my 27 weeker was double the size of Cleo (little over 2lb) and she could barely wrap her little hand around the tip of her daddys finger.

Yes, we can see her whenever we want, even the middle of the night. She’s just incredibly tiny. Think of a bottle of soda with tiny arms and legs. Her feet are the size of one thumb knuckle. I wish she would grow faster, time is going so slowly. It’ll be a long road to January, her projected “coming home” time.

Yes, we can see her whenever we want, even the middle of the night. She’s just incredibly tiny. Think of a bottle of soda with tiny arms and legs. Her feet are the size of one thumb knuckle. I wish she would grow faster, time is going so slowly. It’ll be a long road to January, her projected “coming home” time.

They always say they'll come home at the due date and they're always very secretive about what they think's going to happen as far as when she'll reach each milestone. I've seen babies born as early as Cleo and the earlier they were born the sooner they got to come home when it was closer to their due date for example a week or two earlier. It's not fact or anything just what I've experienced, maybe it's because they've had longer to adjust? Either way I think Cleo is going to do fantastic mama!!

That moment when they finally let you hold her is going to be so magical :cloud9:.

Ugh, woke up at 6am and was insanely hungry...... I ate two cheese sticks, 2 pickle spears, a rice Krispy treat, 2 tiny granola bars, and a tiny fruit bar.... anyone notice these all belonged to my kids?? :haha: i so just ate all of my carbs for today..... Good thing I didn't eat much yesterday lol.

Kiwi your kids have such a varied diet! My son is insanely picky -.-

Nova I can only imagine, seeing my little one would be so hard like that. My heart is with you! I hope you can take her home earlier than January.

Giggles, it's mostly my four year old that is picky too. I feel like it's World War 3 getting her to eat recently. Everything she used to love she hates now but her sister my youngest, eats everything that I give her with the exception of pickles and cheese sticks. The only meat she'll eat though is chicken fingers sadly. Her sister apparently only likes ham slices now........

Wow, baby and bump has gotten a face lift! I like how you can like the posts now! Pretty cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->