♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

So I looked tonight and I too have colostrum! I’m shocked and don’t remember this with Gabby, but maybe I just didn’t look.

I'm team :pink:.

I don't think the low placenta is so much the culprit with cervix opening too early as my previous pre-term delivery. The big issue is the risk of cord prolapse or placental abruption, so they'll want to catch it asap if I show warning signs of early labor.

I'm pretty sure I got pregnancy carpal tunnel.. My hands keep going numb. I'm going to tell my ob asap. Anyone else ever have this and how to cope? it's super annoying trying to sleep especially already being uncomfortable with shortmess of breath too.

Can't wait to see my baby!

Molly i was sure i was getting it but it lasted only a week or so then went away thank God! I just tried to keep my hands uncurled when i slept, seemed to help a little as the worst pain was in the morning.

I've never had pregnancy carpal tunnel, but that sounds pretty uncomfortable! I hope it turns out to only be a minor inconvenience.

So this is weird, my lab released my results from my 3 hour GD test, and I passed the fasting and the 1 hour, but not the 2 hour or 3 hour. My numbers were only slightly elevated, too, like less than 10mg/dL. I realize this still means the diagnosis is correct, but the kicker is that if this had been my 1 hour test, I would have passed. That bothers me, and makes me wonder if I had it last pregnancy and it went undiagnosed. That could explain why my daughter was nearly a month early.

Also, it does make me feel slightly better that it's not super bad. But I am really sad that I won't be able to have any Halloween candy or any of the homemade caramel that my mother-in-law made.

Bummer about the sweets :( ugh and to have GD over all the major food holidays! So sorry :hugs:

I had a GD 1 hour test around 21w and passed. I had it last pregnancy and my 1st baby was born too early to test (diabetes runs in my family, I'm part native american but i look white because of my dad). Just had my 2nd l hour test, hopefully it skips me this pregnancy. If I do end up having GD with this pregnancy I'm definitely going to stick with my diet and eat only around 30-60 grams of carbs a day. I totalled it up from last pregnancy and they were having me eat 170 grams of carbs per day, that's honestly just absurd.

I've had a little bit of leaking, but honestly, I'm not expecting much. Breastfeeding did not work out for me with #1, for several reasons, one of them being my own anatomy. I don't have a lot of hope that the two drops I've leaked are any indication of anything.

Ersu - make sure to rest, rest, rest. As one who had preeclampsia twice, very severe, bed rest can keep it from getting worse if you don’t have it bad enough to show in your bloodwork. Hang in there.

Ersu - make sure to rest, rest, rest. As one who had preeclampsia twice, very severe, bed rest can keep it from getting worse if you don’t have it bad enough to show in your bloodwork. Hang in there.
How's it going Nova? How's little Cloe?

How's it going Nova? How's little Cloe?
It’s going good. Up and down on her oxygen, but that’s pretty normal. She’s 1 pound 6 ounces, which is good, and on breastmilk finally. She makes progress every day. I can’t wait until she’s off the ventilator so I can hold her. Right now there’s too much of a risk of it coming too far out and she would need to be reintubated. It was really hard to get her intibated in the first place so we’re waiting to hold her.

It’s going good. Up and down on her oxygen, but that’s pretty normal. She’s 1 pound 6 ounces, which is good, and on breastmilk finally. She makes progress every day. I can’t wait until she’s off the ventilator so I can hold her. Right now there’s too much of a risk of it coming too far out and she would need to be reintubated. It was really hard to get her intibated in the first place so we’re waiting to hold her.
I'm so glad she's doing well :hugs:. I'm really sorry you haven't been able to hold her, hopefully you'll be able to soon. So happy to hear she's on breastmilk now too, it really is the best for her. Especially so as a preemie.

Last edited:
So happy to hear it's going good. She is such a fighter. How are you coping with finding the balance between nicu, home life and looking after yourself?

Has everyone decided on names? Tayla is no longer the favourite. We have now decided on Matilda, I wanted to avoid another name starting with M so initially dismissed it but I love the name so decided to roll with it!

We finally decided..
Jesse Lynn Grace
She'll have 2 middle names. One of mine (Lynn) and one her own (grace)

Ers how are you feeling?
Nova hope she continues to beat the odds and you get to hold her soon :hugs:

We only have the first name, Myles. David is our middle name front runner but it's a family name and I like less traditional names so I'm not sold yet. Suggestions welcome:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->