♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

What do they do for the NST? Good luck to you!

This pregnancy has absolutely FLOWN by! Can't believe you're just over a month out from delivery :shock:

This pregnancy really has flown by! It feels like just yesterday that I found out! I'm currently gathering all of the things together that I'm going to need for my hospital bag. Waiting on some of the stuff to arrive in the mail. Don't forget nursing pads if you plan to breastfeed ladies! I find that the disposable ones don't leak compared to the cloth ones that you can reuse.

Yeah I have a bunch of reusable ones and I hate them...super cumbersome and bulky. Definitely not discreet...and they shift when you sleep.

Yeah I have a bunch of reusable ones and I hate them...super cumbersome and bulky. Definitely not discreet...and they shift when you sleep.
I've only ever tried one brand of disposables, the Medela ones. I like how the disposables stick to your bra.

I always got on with Lansinoh disposable breast pads best. I tried other brands but didn't get on with them, often found them too bulky or not as absorbant

I got a few different types of nursing pads. What brand of pads does everyone use after? My mom said the Always extra heavy overnight are good. I've got to say, not looking forward to all the bleeding. My periods are usually bad because of my PCOS, and I've heard that postpartum bleeding is bad if you have bad periods normally.

I use the always maternity pads (diapers basically). I'm not sure how much different it's going to be having a full-term baby versus having a preemie but they really worked for me in the past.

Jamers nirsing pads are for your leaky boobies ;) and I also liked the lanolish of those. For pads with ds1 i tried nursing pads and holy canole, it was like wearing a king size pillow between my legs. Ds2 i just used normal heavy flow pads and they did the trick. Just get the "extra long" ones to throw on when you're going to sleep (lol i mean nap).

I am also not looking forward to the postpartum bleed...ughhhh it lasts forever. And then the first period omg it's like a bloody waterfall!

I used maternity pads for the first few days then moved onto normal heavy sanitary towels. I hate bleeding, towels and all that jazz. Being pregnant and breastfeeding pretty much constantly for years means I have only had 6 AFs I think since June 2014.
But I will be going on long term contraception after I give birth this time, so not looking forward to a monthly visit from AF!

The regular big period pads never worked for me. I always leaked through them. I seemed to have bled a lot. They did say that I had super thick lining with my girls, so that might have been why. I wasn't told with this baby.

Somehow I conveniently got a coupon in the mail for a free full size pack of always discreet boutique. The disposable bladder leak underwear - I'm going to try that and probably get always extra heavy overnight maxi for the first while anyways. I can't stand leaking blood in my sleep! Esp if laying on my back if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the reminder to get nursing pads! I totally forgot! Do you experienced moms find that you use them most of the time or mainly when going out or having company -?

So I had my ultrasound today and the baby looks good tech said she is 4lbs10oz! And I caught a glimpse of the bpd - I think it's called--and it's estimated I'm 32w5 days so 5 days ahead( I'm 32 wks today.) I wonder how accurate that is in comparison to the Dr's EDD?
OB will be determining the position of the placenta yet again I thought they had concluded it was out of the way. :-k

Don't put too much stock in size vs. due date. Babies come when they're ready and all different sizes! My first was 4 days late and 9lbs 2oz. My second was 2 days early and 9lbs 6oz! And i knew my EDD both time based on knowing exactly when I ovulated. On a side note if I'm allowed to go full term I am expecting this one to be the biggest yet....

I can't remember what i did with the nursing pads but i think i just had them tucked in my shirt at all times "just in case". I know leaking can be unpredictable...

Hi everyone!

I'm really bummed I haven't been getting notifications so I'm sorry to not have participated as much as I'd like to have.
AFM my c-section date has been scheduled for Jan 10th early in the morning, I'm slowly getting over this horrid cold and my abdomen is super itchy lately. All other drama is somewhat settling down, but it's really hampered me getting everything ready for the baby and I'm starting to freak just a smidge. How is everyone doing so far?

Cuddles: really glad things have started to settle down for you :hugs:. How did it go with your little girl and school bullying?

gigglebox: cute little chubby dubby baby :cloud9:.

MollyMoon: I use nursing pads constantly. You can leak at anytime and it's not just a small amount. You hear your baby make any noise, you start leaking LOL. Even your boobs getting a little warm to the touch or have a little heat pressed on them, they start leaking. It always seems to happen out in public as well. It can leak right through your clothes. Even when you take a shower or a bath, your boobs will start leaking. Dripping all over the place :haha:.

Cuddles - the notifications are definitely not working and the admins haven't responded to my thread about it. What IS working is "Watched Threads" along the top of the screen. If you click it, you will see a blue dot next to a thread if there are new posts.

Are these the nursing pads people are recommending? Are these disposables way better than the washable kind?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0179BQBP0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Another question, is baby detergent necessary? I use All Free and Clear for our laundry now.

I had my 30 week appointment on Monday and finally saw a doppler! She had a tiny bit of trouble finding baby, then the heartbeat was 142, which has been pretty consistent. My "fundal height" was 30 too so normal. We are probably inducing in 9 weeks around 1/22! Soooo much to do!!

Last edited:
Really glad everything is going well with baby! As for the nursing pads, yep those are the ones. The disposable ones don't leak through, the washable ones leak through pretty bad kind of like clothes would. They also move around a lot when you're sleeping because they don't have the sticky side that can stick to your bra. It's important to have them while you're sleeping because you tend to leak a lot since we lean on our boobs. Any type of pressure or heat could cause you to leak. When you leak it literally drips out a lot. Almost like when you have to turn your faucet on to drip during the winter only faster and more of it.

Last edited:
Hi ladies!! I know I havent posted in literally forever but I have been here the entire time following along. I feel like my life is so crazy that I never have 5 minutes to write my own post.

To those with premies you are in my thoughts and prayers i can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. ❤️❤️

Nursing pads I have tried them all I feel like and my fav are the lanisoh.. they seem to be the most absorbent. I have super sensitive nipples when they are wet all the time I get some serious pain. I use the breast pads all day everyday, but I will say that because of my sensitivity I will often sleep at night with just a towel underneath me to give the girls a chance to breathe.

Post partum pads I use the longest heaviest flow always for the first couple weeks, but my lochia has always tapered off fairly quickly. I do bleed for upwards of 6 weeks which sucks, but it's only really heavy for a week or two.

AFM I am 33 weeks which I crazy to me. This pregnancy is flying by. Everyone thinks I'm gonna be early but I am determined to have a January baby I am measuring about a week ahead,but I did with my boys as well.

Hope every one is doing well I'm gonna try to keep posting more often and actually keeping up with things

Kiwi: thanks for asking about that :) So far things appeared to have mellowed out. Granted the kids are on an insane week off for Thanksgiving so I still haven't had enough time to see if things really are getting better. However Dd1 hasn't been having as bad a reaction to school when she did go for the few days before the holiday vacation, and my friend has told me her daughter, who is Dd1's bestie that her daughter isn't playing with the bully and is standing up for my Dd1 when the other child is being mean. So hopefully this will at least ease what remaining issues are going on since the teachers are 'not aware' of any issues. Definitely not a fan of the bullies mom though, she still insists it's my Dd1 who is ' goading her child' and is the true bully. I honestly don't even bother with her anymore since she unfortunately lacks talking like a civil adult to find out what issues really are taking place and working together to resolve the issue vs taking her child's word over evidence and facts. The mother is a bit of a bully herself *rolls eyes* as my best friend has notified me she talks trash about me and my Dd1 whenever she schedules these 'secret' playdates with the other mothers and mutual friends of Dd1, I've only had a playdate with her once so these are ungrounded gossip/trash talks. ( fine by me, I've enough drama lol) The other mom's pretty much won't tolerate that so Karma's working how it does best.

Marple: I ought to do that! it's a shame the admins are not addressing it, or at the very least letting you know they are working on the error. I also need to stock up on the disposable pads omg! Kiwi is totally right lol! I remember soaking the bed and the husband being all sorts of grumpy about it! I've never seen him so eager to sleep on the couch ever lol! As for the detergent I think any unscented gentle type would be good, I just get the Dreft since it is always in stock when I go to the store just in case of perfume or sensitive skin allergies.

Miss yes those are the nursing pads! I knew i was getting the name wrong :haha:

Detergent...I used the organic scent free stuff at first and then eventually test the waters with regular detergent maybe s couple weeks later. Not sure if i'll do that this time but i will stay away from scented stuff.

Country hey lady! What's been keeping you busy? I agree, fastest pregnancy yet! So how big were your other kids? Did you go into labor early with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->