♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Cleo is absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad she is doing so well!

I found out today that I have early onset preeclampsia. I'm off work now, and am not allowed to do much around the house. I'm just praying I can keep baby boy in for another month when he will be full term.

Cleo is so very sweet! What a strong baby <3

Jamers what were your symptoms for early onset?

Elevated blood pressure despite medication to control it, and protein in my urine. Other than that, I feel great.

I'm scared that he is going to come preterm. I just want him healthy.

Is there any treatment for it besides rest, Jamers?

Glad to see little Cleo doing so well!

Bed rest and a very low sodium diet, which I've been following my whole pregnancy.

DH has been such a sweetheart about it. He is calling our couch my "throne", and is treating me like an absolute queen. It's kind of nice to be pampered like that

I borderline failed my glucose but ob said I should pass the 2 hr. Also need to go in for blood work as I'm really itchy at night.

Last ultrasound shows placenta is in the clear we are ok for normal delivery [-o&lt;
Jamers I heard rest is the best thing for that

Cleo is a beauty, how wonderful she is doing well! What a little fighter! What milestones does she have to hit to come home? And yay for getting to hold her now!

Jamers I am so sorry to hear that! I hate feeling like a ticking timebomb. I hope the rest helps stave off any more symptoms.

This seems to be the thread of gestational complications :roll: I officially have gestational thrombocytopenia, and my dr suspects it may actually be immune thrombocytopenia, meaning I always havenlow blood platelets even outside of pregnancy :( I will just keep geeting blood testing even after pregnancy to confirm diagnosis. In the meantime, my levels are currently at 113 and if they get down to 100 before delivery I will have to deliver under general anesthesia as a spinal block has increased risk of permanent paralysis :shock: so any positive energy and prayers are appreciated! I am just praying my numbers don't go any lower and that my delivery is uncomplicated!

Giggle yeah it seems not many of us are getting it easy around here. But not to loose faith right! Is there anything the Dr said you can do to keep your levels in check?

Jamers: super hoping with fingers crossed little man will stay as long as possible! I'm also happy to hear your hubs is taking great care, that always makes me happy to hear.

Giggle: I hope and pray that your numbers don't go lower but rise instead. Best of luck 100%

afm: I have to wait a little longer to get the iron pills till payday, I can't wait to feel better and that this lethargy goes away after because it doesn't feel good and I keep getting frustrated that I can't keep up with anything house related or my kiddo well at all. Friday I get my 3rd tri ultrasound, so hopefully everything is going well and I get to see my little snow bunny in 3D to see how much she's grown. Some good news though! My Dd1 made it into the charter school! I'm super excited for her and can't wait to see how she does come Kindergarten <3 She's a little grumpy at me since we had to get her 4 year shots today but the good in that is she was a champ and scored an elsa doll for doing so good and not fighting the dr about them, she was such a big girl!

I really pray and hope everything goes well for everyone, I know I've only got a tiny bit of anemia so hearing of everyone's hard time makes me want to root all the more harder for everyone to get better and have an easier time as we wait out the last few months. * throws good luck vibes everywhere*

Giggle, sounds like we have opposite problems. I clot too much and you too little. Too bad we can't do some blood sister thing and cure us both!

Cuddle, while you're waiting for your iron pills, try to eat beef and/or spinach and/or dried apricots. All iron rich foods.

Giggle, sounds like we have opposite problems. I clot too much and you too little. Too bad we can't do some blood sister thing and cure us both!

Cuddle, while you're waiting for your iron pills, try to eat beef and/or spinach and/or dried apricots. All iron rich foods.

Thank you MsMarple, when my energy is up a little more I'll get a hold of some of those food stuffs *hugs* I didn't even think to look up anything food related lol, I'm really out of it today.

Thanks all :hugs: everyone has a battle, right?

Cuddle my iron was low on last check and pills helped me tremendously. No idea if the numbers will reflect that but i figure it doesn't matter as the proof is in the pudding! Before that I was needing naps nearly daily and sometimes could barely function in the mornings--not easy to overcome with a crazy toddler! Now I rarely nap and haven't felt that run down since supplements. Hope you have success with them!

Molly she said there was nothing I could do myself :roll: I am still trying some diet changes though. Medically speaking I can take steroids if the get too low and if they get critically low they can do a platelet transfusion. Right now I am not anywhere near that, thank God, but steroids are a possibility if I get to that 100 range :/

Miss what kind of precautions, if any, do you have to take for increased platelets in pregnancy?

Forgot to mention Blackstrap Molasses is known to have high iron as well but not everyone can stomach it.

Forgot to mention Blackstrap Molasses is known to have high iron as well but not everyone can stomach it.
I will definitely take your word on how much better you feel after taking iron, I honestly can't wait to feel better and able to keep up better, especially with super active toddler lol ;) ooh molasses! my mom would laugh at me if she saw me taking a spoon full of that as she used to threaten me with it when I gave her a bad time as a little kid XD

Hello everyone! Been doing ok over here. Had my 32 week check yesterday and this little man is still breech, hopefully he turns in time, she said he has another month to cooperate lol. Fingers crossed he does, but other than that he is doing great!!

W8 what a great update! I hope he cooperates for you. Definitely research how to naturally convince them to turn. If you find any good tips let me know! I've got a transverse baby on board :roll: but i'm not too concerned since i am 99% sure I'm going forward with the csection.

Giggle, I don't think I have increased platelets with my disorder, I think potential DVT clots are caused by something else, a couple of proteins that don't bond properly to prevent clot formation.

Your message made me look at the patient portal history and I see that my platelets have also been dropping throughout pregnancy. They are still above yours and above normal, and I hope they stay there! Not sure if mine are dropping because that's normal in pregnancy or as a side effect of my blood thinner shot (lovenox).

DH says I should stop reading about this stuff and let my doctor worry about it for me. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->