♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow American mamas!

If ever there were a day to be thankful for maternity pants, that day is at hand. ;)

Thanks for the answers on the nursing pads and detergent.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm ready to eat all the dressing and mashed potatoes!

Happy thanksgiving! Or in our case, turducken! Never had it before. I love duck so basically picked it out and ate that lol. Had some sides too but had filled up on appetizers first so wasn't too terribly hungry for the main meal...oh well I'm sure we'll get to take home leftovers!

What is everyone's favorite dish? I love our family's ambrosia and i am a sucker for sweet potato casserole with marshmallows. Sadly tonight's version was topped with pecans :p

I absolutely love cornbread dressing. My mom makes it from scratch and I look forward to it each year. I also love mashed potatoes and gravy.

Im guessing American dressing is Canadian stuffing? I can never get enough stuffing and cranberry sauce. Mmmm

Im guessing American dressing is Canadian stuffing? I can never get enough stuffing and cranberry sauce. Mmmm

I call it stuffing also, but technically if you don't stuff it in the bird, it's called dressing. :)

I prefer it baked on the side, partly because I like the top to get crispy.

I ate at my aunt's house, so today I'm roasting a turkey breast and making mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing and serving with the cranberry mold I made yesterday. Happy camper. ;)

It might be a regional thing too. Everyone I know around here calls it dressing. But whatever you call it, it is delicious!

We have dinner at my in-laws this afternoon, so I'm looking forward to more delicious food, and so is little man

I am so sad...I was sent home with no leftovers at all :cry: that's like some sort of broken rule!!! I am sad I will have to go make my own stuff now. I was too full from appetizers to get my fill of the main dishes...and as someone on here said, "food is all us pregnant women have"!

I am so sad...I was sent home with no leftovers at all :cry: that's like some sort of broken rule!!! I am sad I will have to go make my own stuff now. I was too full from appetizers to get my fill of the main dishes...and as someone on here said, "food is all us pregnant women have"!

ha! that's true! I don't expect leftovers as I'm grateful they did all the work of cooking and cleaning and invited a bunch of people to their home. That's why I make my own feast on Friday or Saturday every year, plus I get to make things exactly how I like them, mom's cranberry sauce, etc. I should say they did give me a small bag of turkey to bring home to my very sick cat though, which was nice. My little siamese girl got a lion cut at the groomer and it made me realize how skinny she has become (she has bad kidneys so I knew she was sick) and the stress of the grooming made her not eat for two days. We all hate the haircut but she had bad mats, she looks like a shorn sheep now. My poor little baby.

This year it turns out my turkey breast was cajun-seasoned and it kind of ruined it for me! waaaah! I wish I had gotten a plain one.

Now excuse me, I'm off to make my pumpkin pie and stop complaining. ;)

Hope everyone's holiday went well! We had a very lackidaisy lazy get together, set up the tree while we had helping hands to move furniture and stuffed ourselves with Ham, trimmings and pie :D

AFM my results came back from the glucose test, all is good with the exception that I'm a little anemic. That would explain why I am so lethargic and tired all the time lately, but on the plus side it's not on a serious level that an extra iron supplement can't fix. For those ladies who are having c-sections what is a good brand of post partum support undies to go by? I've been browsing Amazon but I'm really nervous about them not being up to par for the support I'll need. Any suggestions? :)

Cuddle, I've been anemic (mildly) for a couple months now I think, and all the iron supplement is doing is maintaining my levels, not increasing them. The doctor says that fine, she's not worried about it. I take the SlowFe although I'll admit I don't take it with the vitamin C rich drink such as OJ that is recommended. I'm lucky to remember to take it at all, with water.

Cuddlebug I had a csection this time and I got a belly band and support underwear. I loved the belly band. I had it in the hospital and I put it on immediately after my csection, it helped a lot. It doesn’t keep you from being in pain but it gives good support and made me feel a little better.

Belly Band Link in Amazon

I got THESE undies for immediately after the csection and they were great. Size up. I got small and they are super tiny. Mediums were good...I was about 130lbs and mediums were snug but in a good way. I also ordered two packs because I wore them everyday for weeks.

Once I healed a bit and my surgical glue flaked off, I switched to THESE panties. But I hated them when I still had the glue because they rubbed on the edges of the glue and it felt SOOO weird. But I love them now.

I also suggest a pregnancy pillow if you don’t already have one. I lugged mine everywhere for support on the couch and in bed. Super comfy. I’m now 9 weeks post-partum and pretty much back to normal. Thank goodness. I took a long time to heal. I had to have a funky csection because I was so early, I’m sure you’ll heal much faster.

Cuddlebug I had a csection this time and I got a belly band and support underwear. I loved the belly band. I had it in the hospital and I put it on immediately after my csection, it helped a lot. It doesn’t keep you from being in pain but it gives good support and made me feel a little better.

I got THESE undies for immediately after the csection and they were great. Size up. I got small and they are super tiny. Mediums were good...I was about 130lbs and mediums were snug but in a good way. I also ordered two packs because I wore them everyday for weeks.

Once I healed a bit and my surgical glue flaked off, I switched to THESE panties. But I hated them when I still had the glue because they rubbed on the edges of the glue and it felt SOOO weird. But I love them now.

I also suggest a pregnancy pillow if you don’t already have one. I lugged mine everywhere for support on the couch and in bed. Super comfy. I’m now 9 weeks post-partum and pretty much back to normal. Thank goodness. I took a long time to heal. I had to have a funky csection because I was so early, I’m sure you’ll heal much faster.
Glad you are well-- how's little one doing?

Cuddle, I've been anemic (mildly) for a couple months now I think, and all the iron supplement is doing is maintaining my levels, not increasing them. The doctor says that fine, she's not worried about it. I take the SlowFe although I'll admit I don't take it with the vitamin C rich drink such as OJ that is recommended. I'm lucky to remember to take it at all, with water.

I found a brand called Feosol that doesn't require the OJ or any vitamin rich drink to go with it, I'd never have known about drinking OJ with iron vitamins, so I'm glad I brought it up! I'm really bad at remembering to take vitamins too, and with the huge chunk the High risk center wants me to take, I really am not so good at keeping on top of them ( baby asprin, vitamin b25, extra folic acid on top of perinatals and now iron pills) So far baby is doing great though, so a few forgetful times doesn't seem to have done any harm. Has your lethargy or tiredness lessened at all once you started taking the iron supplements?

Thank you so much for sharing these links! I was getting so frustrated about brand comparison stories that it just made it all the more difficult for me to choose. I've had 2 c-sections prior but it's been long enough for me to have forgotten how the healing process is and how painful things are. I have a c shaped pregnancy pillow, do you think that will do the trick or should I look for another shape for after the c-section? I'm really happy to hear you are back to normal, I'm really hoping with how chaotic and active my house is going to be around Allie's delivery that the healing won't be strained. How is little Cleo doing?

I found a brand called Feosol that doesn't require the OJ or any vitamin rich drink to go with it, I'd never have known about drinking OJ with iron vitamins, so I'm glad I brought it up! I'm really bad at remembering to take vitamins too, and with the huge chunk the High risk center wants me to take, I really am not so good at keeping on top of them ( baby asprin, vitamin b25, extra folic acid on top of perinatals and now iron pills) So far baby is doing great though, so a few forgetful times doesn't seem to have done any harm. Has your lethargy or tiredness lessened at all once you started taking the iron supplements?

Yes I have had the most energy the third trimester although I am getting much less sleep.

Cuddlebug yea the c shaped pillow will be perfect! That’s what I have and it’s been great.

Cleo is doing amazingly well. She’s 9 weeks old now and still under 2 lbs but the doctors aren’t concerned. She has all lines out, no IV or PICC line and only gets a few meds like lasics to help with fluid build up. She’s strong and healthy and feisty. We got to hold her for the first time last week and she loves to be cuddled. She also graduated from the ventilator and is on the CPAP. I’m just so proud of her. I can’t wait until she comes home. It’ll be awhile yet, but things are going very good. She just needs to grow.

Oh my gosh nova she is precious and so strong! What a little beauty

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->