1% -3% chance of conceiving after 3 years!! :(

ZekeyMylo2010

TTC LONG TIME
Reaction score
I've just read if you have been trying for more than 3 years ttc then you only have 1-3% chance of concieving well that's just wonderful.. Just gets harder every day!!

Ah! Was just reading on a website something that contridicts that! Thought I'd post the link to give u a little hope: https://www.totalwellnesscentre.ca/unexplained.html

This says if you've been trying under 5 years you have a 30% chance any given year, and 10% after 5 years. That's without any treatments.

Sorry pinkpeony, I disagree.

My RE told me that after just 2 years my chances of success are only 5% (we are unexplained). Apparently the longer you ttc without a bfp, the less likely you are to conceive. She said that the success rates just go down the longer that you ttc. :nope: So if it's 5% at 2 years, then 3% at 3 years sounds about right.

We are over the 3 year mark. I find it really depressing. We have thought about IVF a few times and we have actually had appointments but I just don't know how much I have left in me right now.

I was ttc for over 4 years before I got my first/only natural bfp, sadly it ended in miscarriage but I got it. My fs said that your chances does reduce the longer you try slightly but at the 5 year mark of trying they say it is a very high chance that you won't get a natural bfp.
Please don't give up hope x

I was ttc for over 4 years before I got my first/only natural bfp, sadly it ended in miscarriage but I got it. My fs said that your chances does reduce the longer you try slightly but at the 5 year mark of trying they say it is a very high chance that you won't get a natural bfp.
Please don't give up hope x

wow!! thats just completely knocked me at 5years of trying and age 22, i may never have children then? lovely!! :( x

Wow. What a depressing thread. :cry: We've been trying for 2.5 years now, so it's looking unlikely we'll get a natural bfp. Oh well, ivf is on the cards for us anyway, so in the meantime I can hope, but maybe ivf is the only way I'll get a baby (hopefully I'll not be unsuccessful there as well!)

Please don't give up hope. Even if you can't conceive naturally there are lots of options to help you conceive. Even before you have to jump to IVF. There is hope. If you give up the hope then all is lost. I hope you all get you bfp some day.

So does that clock reset so to speak when you get a :bfp:? Even if it is a miscarriage?

Everyone is just giving there experiences and what they have been told. But we have to keep hoping and praying and trying any route which we are able to. I know my fs said about the 5 year mark, but then a lot of people will then get there bfp with the help of metformin if they have pcos, clomid or iui, lifestyle changes if it is male factor or naturally, it does happen and has done to many people on here.
Ivf is generally the "last resort" as it is bringing in the big guns as my doctor called it, and they like to try the above first if possible and suitable, but again it has a very good success rate.
We just have to keep going and keep hoping. I have been trying for over 4.5 years now and start ivf next week, there have been so many times I wanted to give up, I still cry whenever I hear of friends getting there bfp quickly (of course I'm pleased for them I just wished I could get mine) and I am very scared that ivf may not work but I will keep going, I have to.

Push for all the tests at the octors so you have a full clear picture and the get referred to a fs, they will try everything they can for you, they are experts. Make sure you and your dh have you both time, date nights etc x

Wow what a negative thread! Don't give up ladies, a chance is still a chance and there are other options if you can't get pregnant naturally x

all of these numbers are rubbish, no one actually knows the chances..everyone is different, you can't make a general number like that. I'd say those types of statistics are only stress factors that will only make you psycologically even more down in the dumps then we already are. Ignore those types of ideas, it will only do more harm than good. We already have bucket loads of stress from TTC, no need to add in another. :dust: to you all ladies

Thanks tami, stats like that are the last thing I want to see on these boards, when i come on here looking for like minded ttcers and a bit of hope and positivity. You are totally right, we are all different and you hear of ladies who have been ttc longer than this and still reach their goal. Thanks for putting a positive spin on a really negative statement! X

Exaaaaactly. We're not statistics, we're all individuals with our own circumstances. It doesn't do any good to defeat yourself with some number.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

jeez im 17yrs ttc what are my %'s... i figure after a embryo is put back we all have as much chance of a bfp as if its the 1st time or the 10th time,

jeez im 17yrs ttc what are my %'s... i figure after a embryo is put back we all have as much chance of a bfp as if its the 1st time or the 10th time,

I think the op meant trying naturally, i think you are right about once an embryo is put back, plus if for example you try ivf after 1 year or 20 years it would be the same chances the time in between certainly wouldn't lower your chance. Plus if you tried clomid etc your chance would be the same as to whenever you tried clomid along your ttc journey.
Really sorry if I'm not explaining very well, but nobody can give us a def % and nor should we want one, we just need to keep hoping and follow whatever route our ttc journey takes us on to have a baby x

Kinda wishing I hadn't read this. I have only had one goal, be a parent before I am 30.

Love the way OP starts a thread like this and then doesn't come back on the thread and reply to comments left! You've really annoyed me OP with your negativity and stupid statistics wish I'd never read it either but couldn't miss it from it's title on main boards, so thanks for nothing!

Please don't blame the OP - she's entitled to post about something that upsets her. Even if the stats aren't true, and I'm not convinced they are since most sites seem to quote 10-15%, i think it is important to be realistic. There are a number of us on this board who will never have their own child. And while some people prefer positivity, I prefer the truth and the truth is that it will be a ****ing miracle if I get a child.

I'm not having a go at anyone, I just want to present the view that some on the board prefer a less positive point of view.

Love the way OP starts a thread like this and then doesn't come back on the thread and reply to comments left! You've really annoyed me OP with your negativity and stupid statistics wish I'd never read it either but couldn't miss it from it's title on main boards, so thanks for nothing!

There's no reason to be upset with the OP. :shrug:
It's not her job to cheer everyone up about their circumstances and if you are having a down day, pick and choose your threads more carefully. The title was pretty specific about what the thread contained.

Personally, I like to know the reality of my circumstances. If I only have a 5% chance of conceiving, (and that's WITH meds/IUI), then I want to know so that I can prepare to be more aggressive, (save money for IVF etc) or perhaps find some acceptance with my life the way it is. I have no room for blind optimism and false hope so I appreciated the thread. The reality of the circumstance that I am in really sucks and my hope is basically gone so seeing someone acknowledge it helps me.

Face forward, make a plan, and move on. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"