1/5???

upsy daisy1

Reaction score
Hey girls just got back fromy mw appointment.Ive been having Braxton.hicks alot since yest afternoon and today have alot of discharge.no blood though. Well at my appointment mw said my belly was very firm and baby's head was down.on my notes she wrote 1/5. Does this mean baby is almost fully engaged or just engaging
Forgot to ask!

Depends on midwife I think but usually it means she can only feel 1/5th of babys head. In your notes do you have a page where it tells you what each thing means?? My notes when I had my son cleared this up in there but my notes this time dont have it in and says I am 3/5th so I assumed she can feel 3/5ths of babys head?

Anyway.... so yes id assume your almost fully engaged! Good luck x

If that doesnt make sense im sorry! Im really really tired!!! Xx

I would say its the other way - if it said 1\5 palpable that would mean she can only feel 1\5 of the head. If 1\5 engaged, then she can feel 4\5. I was 3\5 engaged at 38 weeks...still very pregnant!! Hope we are not all waiting too long!

My notes from my last appointment say 3/5 on them. The midwife explained at my appointment she could feel 3/5 of babies head so the baby is 2/5 engaged.

So if your notes say 1/5 then I'd say that means the me could feel 1/5 if babies head which means it is 4/5 engaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->