1 Crib or 2?

TarableT

Reaction score
I am just now starting to look at buying things for the babies. I am expecting twins in November. I knew that furniture was going to be expensive, but darn, really? Luckily, there is a sale here in the states which takes like $500 off. So my question is, is it necessary to have 2 cribs, or will 1 suffice?

Hi
I have twin girls and had 2 moses baskets and they are now in their own cots. Saved us any problems with splitting them up if they got used to sleeping together, also we have the angelcare monitor with sensor mat which would not have worked properly if we had 2 in the same cot as it would have picked up movement from one and would not have differentiated if there was a problem with one of them. Good luck with everything xxxx

We have just bought a secondhand double cot - side by side but still seperated with independent bases. Thought that when they are born they can go in one side together and then progress to their own cot each but still side by side.
9945_450.jpg

Thanks for this thread!!! I've also been wondering.

Gosh, I LOVE that double cot!!! It looks PERFECT! What store was it from, Beckyboo?

That double thing is pretty cool, I've never seen anything like it. Personally, we've bought 2 cribs, understanding they may co-sleep for a while.

I bought one for when they were little, and when they started scratching eachother and hitting, about 4 months, we bought another and they are side by side together..So cute! They sit and play with eachother and make funny faces...just too cute!

I haven't had my bubs yet.. but i asked this question a while back.

This is one thing that really really confused me about twins...

In the end, we figured that one day they would need their own crib when they got too big or started waking each other.. so we just bit the bullet and bought two. We were going to put the bubs into one cot to share when they first come home and skip the bassinet stage coz we couldn't really afford it.. but MIL bought us two bassinets as our gift from them.. so I plan to let them share a bassinet, then separate bassinets and then cots...

Thats only the plan tho.. things rarely go to plan so we will take it as it comes lol

I dont know how it is in the US but here in AUS.. a lot of the baby shops give you a discount if you buy more than one of something.. thats how we got a good price on the cots.. worth asking

happy shopping!

xox

We had two terrible sleepers. We started with 2 cribs in one room. Eventually, we had to move the cribs into seperate rooms or they'd wake eachother up. Then, 1 of the twins was an awful sleeper. At almost age 3, he was getting up 3-5 times per night. We (my wife and I) hadn't gotten a complete night of sleep since the boys were born.

We finally decided to move them into the same room again at age 3 with Twin sized beds (with railings) and now sleep is awesome. Tehy both sleep through the night, but they do fool around when we put them to bed.

So, in short, two cribs for sure, but it will depend on how your kids react.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->