1 DPO, Clomid #1, 25 YO - Anyone in the same boat?

Roselyn67

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am 25 years old and my husband and I have been TTC for 9 months. We conceived the first month off BCPs, but it unfortunately ended in a miscarriage at 7 wks. Since then, my cycles have been completely crazy. I've had to go on Provera twice just to kick start cycles. Now my OBGYN has put me on Clomid, which I took from CD6-CD10. I have to go in this Saturday to have my progesterone levels checked, so fingers are crossed that all turns out well. It's 1DPO right now - I hope I can keep my sanity for the next two weeks! What do you guys do to help pass the time and keep your mind off of everything? Anyone else in a similar situation?

Hello Roselyn67,

I would say Im in a similar boat as yourself. MY DH and I have TTC # since Septermber 2010, I started Clomid in November. This is my third cycle on Clomid. My OB has increased it each month, I dont know why. She isn't monitoring me. If I dont get pregnant this time around, I think we'll be setting up an HSG and a SA. Previous to Sept 2010, I was talking BCPs and I stopped them in August 2010. After that my periods were also all over the place. I had to also be put on Provera twice last year. Since starting Clomid, my cycles have been pretty much 30 days, and O is on CD 16/17. So I have been very happy that AF arrives on a more predictable time frame.
Today I am on CD 13, and waiting to O very soon. I am following the SMEP (Sperm Meets the Egg Plan) this cycle and also have been using Pre-seed since last month.
The TWW is killer, and I am dreading it. I hate that we get our hopes up every month and get disappointed. I am hoping and praying we get our BFP real soon!!!

Good Luck & Baby Dust!

Jaime

I made a mistake, Im on CD 14, not 13

Hi ladies! It looks like I am in the same boat. This is my first cycle on clomid, I took it CD3-7. I had a positive opk on CD12, and was so happy about it, because we BD a lot right around then. Then randomly, I did another OPK on CD16 and it was also positive! So confusing and frustrating.

So, it looks like I am anywhere between 2-6 dpo. This waiting game is so hard. Every symptom I feel, I google it and get my hopes up. I need some positive thoughts and encouragement!!!

I am with ya on the Google thing, I'm contantly on there reading something! What would we do with out Google! LOL
I think you have done all you could if you got a positive OPK on CD and you BDed during that time. You can at least know that! The TWW does suck. It all sucks sometimes, its just a waiting game around every corner. I am waiting to O and started POAS yesterday. I have been getting the Positive on CD 16/17. I was advised to take my Clomid on CD 5-9.
Well goood luck to you! I hope to hear you get that BFP!
Keep me posted!

Hello Roselyn67,

I would say Im in a similar boat as yourself. MY DH and I have TTC # since Septermber 2010, I started Clomid in November. This is my third cycle on Clomid. My OB has increased it each month, I dont know why. She isn't monitoring me. If I dont get pregnant this time around, I think we'll be setting up an HSG and a SA. Previous to Sept 2010, I was talking BCPs and I stopped them in August 2010. After that my periods were also all over the place. I had to also be put on Provera twice last year. Since starting Clomid, my cycles have been pretty much 30 days, and O is on CD 16/17. So I have been very happy that AF arrives on a more predictable time frame.
Today I am on CD 13, and waiting to O very soon. I am following the SMEP (Sperm Meets the Egg Plan) this cycle and also have been using Pre-seed since last month.
The TWW is killer, and I am dreading it. I hate that we get our hopes up every month and get disappointed. I am hoping and praying we get our BFP real soon!!!

Good Luck & Baby Dust!

Jaime
Hi Jamie!

That seems odd that your OBGYN isn't monitoring you through each of your Clomid cycles - I hear Endocrinologists tend to be better about that. I plan to stick with my OBGYN though, unless we go through six months of Clomid with no luck. Heavens...I hope I don't have to do six more months of this...I guess the best we can all do is to just take it as it comes and hope for the best.

As far as the SMEP - I had never heard of that until looking it up after reading your post. Coincidentally, that is almost exactly the same schedule my OBGYN has us on though. *Fingers crossed* I have been using Pre-seed this month as well, since I read that Clomid can change your CM. What is funny though is that I had much more fertile CM that any of the last six to seven months when I wasn't on Clomid.

It's nice to hear from some girls going through the same thing. My husband is extremely supportive, but at the same time - only another woman can really understand what this all feels like. BUT in the end, I believe God has a plan for these things. It's just really easy to forget that sometimes:)

Good luck!! And maybe we won't lose our sanity before Feb:p

Hi Jamie!

That seems odd that your OBGYN isn't monitoring you through each of your Clomid cycles - I hear Endocrinologists tend to be better about that. I plan to stick with my OBGYN though, unless we go through six months of Clomid with no luck. Heavens...I hope I don't have to do six more months of this...I guess the best we can all do is to just take it as it comes and hope for the best.

As far as the SMEP - I had never heard of that until looking it up after reading your post. Coincidentally, that is almost exactly the same schedule my OBGYN has us on though. *Fingers crossed* I have been using Pre-seed this month as well, since I read that Clomid can change your CM. What is funny though is that I had much more fertile CM that any of the last six to seven months when I wasn't on Clomid.

It's nice to hear from some girls going through the same thing. My husband is extremely supportive, but at the same time - only another woman can really understand what this all feels like. BUT in the end, I believe God has a plan for these things. It's just really easy to forget that sometimes:)

Sorry, Jaime - I totally misspelled your name!

Hi ladies! It looks like I am in the same boat. This is my first cycle on clomid, I took it CD3-7. I had a positive opk on CD12, and was so happy about it, because we BD a lot right around then. Then randomly, I did another OPK on CD16 and it was also positive! So confusing and frustrating.

So, it looks like I am anywhere between 2-6 dpo. This waiting game is so hard. Every symptom I feel, I google it and get my hopes up. I need some positive thoughts and encouragement!!!
Hi CAValleygirl!

I had some quirky things going on with my OPKs too. I actually had a surge before my ovulatory surge (probably just a failed ovulation attempt) and apparently one after. I ovulated on CD17 and the OPK went negative immediately after, but now all the sudden it was positive again yesterday afternoon - very strange! I don't have a lot of faith in those things. In the end, I always end up just going off of BBT, CM, and ovulatory pain. Occasionally I get lucky in detecting cervical position at the right time, but usually not.

And I can't agree more about googling. Sometimes I just have to tell myself "NO!", haha. It ends up all being relative to each individual person, but sometimes it just gives you peace of mind:) Either that or make you think of more things you should Google, haha!

Hi Jamie!

Sorry, Jaime - I totally misspelled your name!

No Problem :flower:

Hello Roselyn67,

Good Luck & Baby Dust!

Jaime
Hi Jamie!

Yeah, I thought it was strange too, :shrug:
we did alot of blood work, and Ultrasound before hand, but thats about it. I think after 6 months of Clomid, then she will refer me to a RE. Im ok, with just taking the Clomid for now. So I just follow her orders. She is a really good Doctor. My insurance doesn't cover anything related to fertility and for testing I have a deductible, so Im ok with not doing the ultrasounds etc., Once the 6 months are up, then I will re-evaluate and maybe just take a break for 6 months then see a RE. But who knows, Only time will tell. Im hoping this is my month, so then that will be it will all the meds and stuff. This is my third month. So Im going with the Third times a charm!! :thumbup:

After seeing a thread on here about SMEP, I did some research and realized that we pretty much have followed it already, but sometimes, I think we were DTD everyday. So I am following the SMEP schedule to a T this cycle just to see. Hey! it can only help!!

Today I have been feeling some twinges in my lower left side, or I could be crazy. Not sure. LOL. I have not POAS today, Im planning on doing it when I get home from work. The positive should be here any day now. Today is CD 15, and I have been getting a positive CD 16 last cycle.
So we shall wait and see!!

I hope you have a wonderful Weekend!!!

Hey Jamie - hope you enjoyed your weekend! Did you ever have any luck with the OPKs? It's funny, mine are all still positive, and I am 6 DPO today. So have you had issues with a lot of cramping too with Clomid? I've had pretty consistent AF-like cramps from the third day of Clomid until about three days after ovulation. Now I have what feel like cysts on both ovaries, so that's lots of fun. I hear that is really common with the medication though. The good news is that means that I likely ovulated from both sides - maybe that will help my chances:)

Hello Roselyn67,
I did enjoy my weekend! It was so nice to spend some quality time with my DH.
I have not got a positive OPK yet, I'm pretty convinced I missed it. I wasn't POAS consistently, last cycle I got a positive at noon and it was negative that night', this time I was checking mostly in the evening and only once per day. Today is CD 19 and I just tested and it was negative. I normally Ovulate on CD 16/17 since being on Clomid. Also prior to Clomid my cycles were all whacked out. Since I started Clomid in November,they have been 30/31 days. I've also noticed that I don't have the horrible cramps right before af arrives. Before I'd be in excruciating pain 2 days prior and the pain has really decreased.I pretty much just experienced some mild hot flashes and moodiness. One minute I wanted to cry the next I wanted to be mean, and this was mostly to my DH. Poor guy! But he knew the side effects and is very supportive and such a wonderful husband. So I guess I'm in limbo, so we are DTD every other day for now. I'm planning on seeing AF arrive or test on my birthday, February 5th, I'll be 29!!!! So how are things with you? I guess you'd be 7 dpo today......one more week to go!!!
Well keep me posted!

Hi CAValleygirl!

I had some quirky things going on with my OPKs too. I actually had a surge before my ovulatory surge (probably just a failed ovulation attempt) and apparently one after. I ovulated on CD17 and the OPK went negative immediately after, but now all the sudden it was positive again yesterday afternoon - very strange! I don't have a lot of faith in those things. In the end, I always end up just going off of BBT, CM, and ovulatory pain. Occasionally I get lucky in detecting cervical position at the right time, but usually not.

And I can't agree more about googling. Sometimes I just have to tell myself "NO!", haha. It ends up all being relative to each individual person, but sometimes it just gives you peace of mind:) Either that or make you think of more things you should Google, haha!

Just saw this!! Any update?? I'm 10-11 dpo (I think) and so far just cramps and backache for five days on and off, plus a spot of brown when I wiped and pink discharge for a day or so five days ago that stopped. Weird!!

Hey Jaime,

It's really easy to miss the LH surge it seems like - I just BARELY caught mine. I kind of just decided to test late one evening on a whim, when I normally only test at 10 AM and 5PM. With following that BD schedule though, I am sure it all still worked out.

I can't believe it already the weekend again! The week crawled, so I'm glad it's finally Friday! I'm 10 DPO now. I POAS this morning with a 10miU test from "early-pregnancy-test"...was BFN:( Pretty disappointed, but it's not over yet. I'm not sure I'm convinced the tests are actually that sensitive though - I've read a few negative reviews about it saying they aren't - who knows. I think the cysts have at least gone down some though, so that's giving some relief. Oh, and I finally got my 21 day progesterone test back - it was 17.4. My gyno said that means that I for-sure ovulated and he will keep me on the same dosage as this month for the next go round.

Bahumbug - starting to feel like this isn't my month again:(

CAValleyGirl,

Looks like we are on the same day! I've not had an spotting yet, thankfully. I was having a problem with short luteal phases before, so I'm pretty glad it's going well so far as that goes. The ovarian pain seems to mostly have subsided, but now that my progesterone has been shooting up - I find myself VERY sleepy a lot with some light AF-like cramping now and again. Good luck!

CAValleyGirl,

Looks like we are on the same day! I've not had an spotting yet, thankfully. I was having a problem with short luteal phases before, so I'm pretty glad it's going well so far as that goes. The ovarian pain seems to mostly have subsided, but now that my progesterone has been shooting up - I find myself VERY sleepy a lot with some light AF-like cramping now and again. Good luck!

Have you tested yet? I'm so nervous too, I'm just going to wait until AF gets here (or is supposed to at least, which should be by Monday?)

CAValleyGirl,

Have you tested yet? I'm so nervous too, I'm just going to wait until AF gets here (or is supposed to at least, which should be by Monday?)

Yes, I tested again today (11DPO) with an extra-sensitive test ... still BFN:nope:. I would wait until AF (Wed., 15 DPO), but I have like fifteen of these cheap internet tests, so I figure I might as well put them to use. My temperatures are still high and I had a BBT dip on 6 DPO, so here's to hoping for the best!

Well, looks like this month is a bust for me. AF showed up today (13DPO) - two days earlier than anticipated. Jaime, unfortunately, I haven't luck out with the decreased cramping before AF you talked about. For as long as I can remember, I've never even experienced true PMS - only severe cramping and etc. on CD1 &CD2, otherwise nothing. This cycle has been the complete opposite. I have had consistent cramping in my lower back and abdomin, indigestion, verrrrry sore breasts and trouble controling my mood for the last four days. Unreal. I understand why they invented Midol now.

I hope everything goes smoother for you guys! Keep us posted - would love to hear how it goes!

I'm sorry, Roselyn... Next month!

I almost wish AF would show up. I'm testing bfn everyday and don't even feel pregnant, yet no AF in sight. No spotting, cramping, nada. Tomorrow Is cd31.

Hello! I am sorry for not responding,
I have been so busy these days. My 79 y/o Grandfather has been in ICU since last Tuesday. So I have been at the hospital quite a bit. Here at work we have been slammed every day, so I have not really had the time to get online. Today is CD 26 for me, Since I dont know which day I Ovulated, I don't know how many DPO that I am. I think I am about 9dpo, If I Ovulated when I normally do. I had my progesterone CD 21 check and it did comfirm that I Ovulated!!:happydance: and that I am in my Luteal Phase. Soit's just a waiting game until Sunday. Sunday will be CD 31 and that is when AF should start or I will be jumping for joy. :happydance:
I have had a cold since Saturday, so I have been feeling rather lousey.
My Mom and Uncle are flying in from Maryland tomorrow to see my Grandfather. Since I have been so busy, the time is going by fast. I am going to try to hold out and wait to test until AF is due, but sometimes it doesn't always happen like that.
How are you doing? Im sorry you didn't get your BFP!!! :(
Keep me posted, again sorry for the delay.
TTYL
Jaime

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"