1 dpo today and need a buddy or two

Bettydraper

Reaction score
Hi ladies – I thought I’d sit out the two week wait in this forum and wondered if anyone else wanted to join me. I’m 39 and been trying to get pregnant for baby #1 for 7 months now. The first few months were really difficult as for some reason I had it in my head that I needed to have a baby by my 40th and felt the stress of the date looming. I’ve missed the deadline for getting pregnant now and somehow it doesn’t seem so important, just trying to focus on getting through each cycle. We had our first appointment with the fertility clinic last week and I feel like we’re going to be okay (that’s what I have to keep telling myself).

I’m 1 dpo today and feel really positive about our chances this month, the BDing was particularly well timed! I’m trying really really hard not to obsess about things but it would be really great to have some buddies to wait out the time, anyone else due to test around the 27th?

Fingers crossed for you all x

I wanted to answer you because I posted a thread just about the same time you did and no one has answered either one of us!
I am also 39.
I tried sperm meets egg and timed intercourse, temping, opks but then found out my right ovary is most likely blocked and I have some adenomyosis.
Due to advanced age and low AMH levels, I am embarking on ivf this week.
Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much! hopefully any issues I have get identified soon so that I can deal with them. I try to be oprimistic every month, but this one feels like if i'm not pregnant there MUST be an issue as I've done everything right. A couple of interesting twinges so far but I have been wrong about those many times before.

You must be really excited about the IVF, I almost wish I could just cut out all the testing and go straight to it, what does the first stages involve, how long until they actually get down to actually implanting the embryo?

good luck to you too :flower:

Hi :flower:

I'm 41 and I *think* I'm 1 DPO today :hugs:

Good luck x

Betty, I know how you feel about getting hung up about 'having a baby by....' I so wanted a 2012 baby, and being 42 sounded good too (I'm a bit of an even numbers kinda girl :wacko::haha:) but now I'll just settle for :baby: turning up anytime! :flower:

Good luck, hope your stay here is short and sweet :hugs:

I am TTC #2. My son is 10.
I have had many miscarriages so with that and my AMA my RE suggested that I use femara on days 3-7 and then a trigger shot. This month was the first month we added an iui and that was done yesterday.
I feel great about this month!! SO hopefully we all will get BFP in time for Mother's day!!

Hi ladies – I thought I’d sit out the two week wait in this forum and wondered if anyone else wanted to join me. I’m 39 and been trying to get pregnant for baby #1 for 7 months now. The first few months were really difficult as for some reason I had it in my head that I needed to have a baby by my 40th and felt the stress of the date looming. I’ve missed the deadline for getting pregnant now and somehow it doesn’t seem so important, just trying to focus on getting through each cycle. We had our first appointment with the fertility clinic last week and I feel like we’re going to be okay (that’s what I have to keep telling myself).

I’m 1 dpo today and feel really positive about our chances this month, the BDing was particularly well timed! I’m trying really really hard not to obsess about things but it would be really great to have some buddies to wait out the time, anyone else due to test around the 27th?

Fingers crossed for you all x

Sounds like me........I had it in my head that I have to be pregnant before my 38 birthday, next month and since I just got my AF that aint going to happen. Been trying for 5 months now and I think I got so obessed with the whole date thing, that I stressed myself out too much...........

Thanks for the replies, so good to know I'm not out here on my own! After spending twenty odd years trying NOT to get pregnant I was starting to feel like the ship had sailed without me. Love reading all the posts on this board from ladies who have been successful post 35 and those who refuse to give up. At 3dpo today I've been trying to mentally visualise my poor old egg trying to do its little assault course and been cheering it on.

I have sore nipples today which I have never had - and darn exciting it is for me too :happydance:

Xanth - any 'symptoms'?

Jax41 - when are you testing, fingers crossed!

Syrenmom - does this mean you are 3dpo too?

Taurus - sorry about AF, rest the OH for a week or so and get him fired up for next time :winkwink:

xx

Betty, made me chuckle about the assualt course, get your pom poms out! :haha:

I'm don't test unless AF lets me down and so far she hasn't :nope: one day......:flower:

:happydance::happydance: for the sore (.)(.)!!

Thanks so much! hopefully any issues I have get identified soon so that I can deal with them. I try to be oprimistic every month, but this one feels like if i'm not pregnant there MUST be an issue as I've done everything right. A couple of interesting twinges so far but I have been wrong about those many times before.

You must be really excited about the IVF, I almost wish I could just cut out all the testing and go straight to it, what does the first stages involve, how long until they actually get down to actually implanting the embryo?

good luck to you too :flower:

I have the mini ivf protocol due to low AMH. I take clomid pills and then gonal f injections, they stop you from prematurely ovulating with ganirelix shots and when the follicles are the right size you take the hcg trigger shot to make you ovulate and then retrieval within 36 hrs.

I have scans and blood work mon wed and fri every week.
Before I even find out when egg retrieval is I first have to grow follicles. Today the US tech said she saw some on the right side that weren't there before. :happydance:

This is exciting to me since my last AFC was 2. The AFC before that was 5, so I felt like I was literally running out of viable eggs month by month. :cry:

Thanks Bettydraper................so now I have to wait for my ovulation next week and make sure he is rearing to go so to speak....want you to keep us updated though.....

Sore boobs, great thing!!!!

Hope this is it for you, everything crossed for you!!!

:dust:Thanks!

Its 5 dpo today and boobs aren't that sore, although I will soon make them sore if I don’t stop groping and pinching myself. I haven’t been recording each and every twinge and blow-off (think that may just be an English expression) on FF this cycle because I’ve learnt over the last few months that these symptoms really don’t mean that much (please shout if you disagree) as I even got them when I was overseas for a month in January for a month without any BDing, it is interesting to be so in tune with my body for the first time. That said, I’ve been having vivid dreams the last few nights, last night I dreamt I was being hunted by law as they thought I was a serial killer, it was a international caper that ended in Vegas, and even in amongst all this mayhem and carchases I remember being annoyed that this would interfere with ttc.

Went for my first CD21 blood test this morning which I had insisted on. One of my many self diagnoses is that I have an issue with progesterone, looking forward to being disproved of this on Monday.

How y’all doing? Hope you’re looking forward to a fun weekend. I’m trying to fill the diary with things that do not involve alcohol, which given my OH and the city I live in (Amsterdam), is very hard. :coffee:

:dust:

4DPO today and nothing much going on here either :wacko:

Have a great weekend :hugs:

4DPO today and nothing much going on here either :wacko:

Have a great weekend :hugs:

Xanth, I see from your chart that you are a cold person like me! I noticed from other charts that eveyone's temps seemed a lot higher and its something I've been trying to look into. I came to the conclusion that its the shape of the chart that's important (i.e a raise after ovulation) so we look perfectly normal on that front. I'm the person that has the heating on practically all year and is always complaining that I'm cold. :blush:

I know!!

I was worried because my temps are way lower than everyone elses. They seem to be in the "normal" range after ovulation now though.

I'm feeling a little deflated today, pissed off generally with the whole thing! 11 dpo and after a few days testing and some horrible false positives on clearblue plus ept's I now have some browning tinges to my CM. I have got wildly carried away in the past that this is IB but now I know this is quite normal for me pre AF. Poor OH got it in the neck this morning for not saying the right thing when I said my test was negative, feel like screaming.

Rant over - please someone, some good news about you!? x

I'm feeling a little deflated today, pissed off generally with the whole thing! 11 dpo and after a few days testing and some horrible false positives on clearblue plus ept's I now have some browning tinges to my CM. I have got wildly carried away in the past that this is IB but now I know this is quite normal for me pre AF. Poor OH got it in the neck this morning for not saying the right thing when I said my test was negative, feel like screaming.

Rant over - please someone, some good news about you!? x

Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling all to well, complete and utter devastation and then thinking, crap now I have to get myself geared up and do it all over again. Its so mentally and emotionally draining and I dont think our other halves get it!!!! It will happen for you, Im sure, think positive.....

Well Im just about to ovulate, so hubby will have a busy few days coming up.......not that he is complaining......

Ooo I am another one who got an age set in my mind.

It suddenly hit me at the start of this year that I wouldn't have a baby aged 37, I would be 38 at the youngest, and it really scared me. So we went from NTNP to TTC.

This is the first month, and after getting really lucky (I think) with BD dates, my body seems to have thrown a wobbly. I don't think I OV this month so AF due on the 9th, although I will of course be crossing my fingers!

I am glad to have found this thread as I am starting to get absorbed in thinking I have to have a baby before I hit 40. This just leaves me about 3-4 months to get BFP!

It is just a number!!!!! I need to think differently.

Also, I got obsessed (and I mean obsessed) by symptom spotting last month. I had it all: sore BBs, tired, gassy, a cold, twinges, hot flushes, nausea and then.............AF arrived! I don't think there is anyway you can separate AF symptoms from pregnancy symptoms as doesn't your body gear up for a possible pregnancy every months anyway, hence the symptoms??!! Correct me if I am wrong!

I think i am around 8 DPO but not 100% sure as don't do OPKs or temps, just keep an eye on CM.

Good luck everybody and sorry Betty it didn't happen this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->