1 week late, BFN, Back procedure next week

jrob

Reaction score
So, I've been advised to try FRER instead of the digital tests that I have been using. However, I had one digital left so I decided to take it this morning. Still got a BFN! Shouldn't it pick up on the hormone by now, even with the digital? I don't understand where AF is, and I really have no signs of it coming any time soon. I'm so confused. On top of that, I am scheduled next Tuesday to be getting a radiofrequency ablation procedure (burning nerves in my back) and am not sure how safe that would be should I actually be pregnant. No worries about anesthesia because my lovely insurance company denied authorization anyway because they said it wasn't medically necessary to be sedated for it. Ugh! It would be nice to know if I need to cancel my appointment, but I am always in so much pain because of my severe back issues I don't want to cancel it and then NOT be pregnant. I start student teaching in September and need to be able to stand for long periods of time. It took so much effort to get authorized for it in the first place. I have no idea what to do. Of course if I get a BFP I will cancel if it's not safe. But in the meantime while I'm in this limbo I am super stressed out. Which btw, I wasn't before so I don't think that's why AF isn't here yet. I am actually usually pretty calm and life's regular stressors haven't been an issue. I finished my semester of grad school, love my job, am making decent money now...all things that a month ago were not true. NOW, today, I'm stressed about this procedure and the lack of knowing if I am pregnant or not. I'm sure this stress isn't healthy regardless. :( Just needed to vent because I'm so stressed and lost right now. AHH Should I still go through with the procedure if I don't get a BFP by then?

anyone? I really don't know what to do. I can't get to the doctor tomorrow like I planned because my car is still in the shop. So I can't get a blood test until at the earliest Friday. A friend of mine is coming over tomorrow with her extra FRER. She doesn't need it anymore because she is 6 1/2 months along. But if that doesn't come back positive I have no idea what to think regarding this procedure. Is it possible it will be safe since I am not going under any anesthesia? I know I would have to ask my doctor that in the long run, but I don't want to alarm him and have him cancel and then suddenly have AF arrive.

I would suggest taking the FRER and seeing how that goes and then maybe have a test or bloodwork done at your dr.'s to make sure whether the home test is positive or negative.

I definitely want to get the bloodwork done but I can't get to my doctor until at least Friday. If the FRER comes back negative, by the time I can the results from the bloodwork back I'm afraid it will be too late to cancel my procedure without financial consequence. I am stressing a bit now because it's really important to me that I have an answer by Monday so I know what to do. Even though the last thing I want is for AF to rear her ugly head, at least I would know what to do moving forward. Any ideas, if I AM pregnant why I keep getting negatives? Or if I'm not, why my period would be so late? I have NEVER been a week late before without being pregnant.

Even more reason to get bloodwork done to find out! I'm not sure as to why this would happen though and not be pregnant. When I had regular cycles, I was never more than like a couple days late..

If it's not pregnancy then I definitely think SOMETHING is happening.

xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->