• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1 week late but negative test- false??

BABTTC123

Trying to figure out this parenting thing...
Reaction score
Hi I have posted on here before about how I was waiting to test. Well I tested yesterday after forcing myself to wait a week after my period was due, it came up negative :(. I haven't had any spotting, only very mild cramps once in a while, I have experienced some indigestion and mild nausea occasionally. Could my test be a false negative even with me being so far past my period due date??
I do have PCOS but I take metformin to manage it and have NOT had an irregular period in 2 years. I really need some support and advice right now. I have been TTC for a while now and every time my period comes my heart drops. Now that I am late and had some hope it is also discouraging to get a negative test. Has anyone experienced this and still been pregnant? Could the HCG hormones still be so light that tests can't read them?

Which tests have you been using? Have you tried setting up an appointment with your doctor for a blood test?

I went the cheap route because I'm a little short on money this month and used the Equate Early results ones. Seeing that I waited a week past to test you would THINK that it would be more than sensitive enough to provide an accurate answer. And no I haven't set up an appointment. Like I said I am low on money this month so unless there are places that can do it for free or cheap then I guess I have to pray and wait and keep testing until I either get a positive or my period :( still.. It would make me feel better if some one out there has had this problem and had a happy ending..

Do America have any clinics you can go to like the UK for free pregnancy and STI tests?
Maybe look into that. I know we have the NHS over here, but maybe there is something like that available that's not widely publicised for free testing?
Ask any girl friends if they have a spare test in their bathrooms? They may have a good branded one knocking around, which could detect lower levels of HCG?

First thing I did was ask a friend if she still had her spare one.
Good luck, fingers crossed for you xxx

I am currently searching on google for some local pregnancy testing clinics. The only ones I can find are for urine tests.. :/

they may be able to test with a better brand.. wait 2 days and test again. usually though the cheapies work well. good luck !

Im in the same boat... im late by a week now and no bfp! going to the doctors tomorrow. I understand how frustrated you must be.

I started to have a tiny bit of light brown discharge... I am thinking that maybe my period was just unbelievably late unless this could be a sign of implantation bleeding..? It would be too lat for that wouldn't it?

To Michelle: Yeah it is! Lol it irritates me how irresponsible teens, tweakers and plain out terrible people are some how able to get pregnant SUPER easy, yet those of us who WANT a baby have to suffer and keep trying without success... :|

Nothing yet! :D so there is still hope until the red flag is raised!

Do you temp or do Ovulation Predictor Kits? Maybe you ovulated late.

I am 2 days late and testing negative and have no clue what's up so my heart goes out to you. I feel you on irresponsible teens and all as well. Maybe you should just make an appointment with your doctor for blood work? I am thinking of doing the same if AF doesn't come by the end of the week. Fingers crossed for you!

I went to the doctors today and they are sending me for a scan on Monday to see what is happening...
So maybe see if your doctor will do the same

I usually watch for the natural signs like change in cervical mucus and counting towards that day.. I also tend to continue trying a little before and a while after ovulate lol I am a bit obsessed... But I found some cheap ovulation tests at WalMart in clearance, unopened :) if it fails this month then I will start using those as well! As far as my basil temp, I haven't done that either. I don't really understand what I am supposed to do/look for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->