1 week PP and suddenly sore :-(

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
After I had ds I felt surprisingly well, after pains were horrendous for a few days but I felt quite good considering I'd just given birth

Fast forward a week n I'm gettin to the point I can barely walk :-(
Quite low down just above public line is so sore , not to touch, but inside every time I take a step it feels so sore!

I had a normal vaginal fast delivery with no tears or stitches or anything so what could it be?

I don't remember feeling like this after my others and its getting harder with having the other 2!

It also hurts when I'm lifting which again is hard with an 18 month old and almost 3 year old who still want their mum! x

No idea what it could be hun, but I'd contact the hv to tell her and see of she has an idea what it could be. Hope you feel better soon!
X

Contact your GP! Usually they do a 4 week check but perhaps you need it earlier. Although I wouldn't worry too much, you sound like you've had a rough week with LO and little chance to rest. :hugs:

Thank u for your replies!
Midwife came out this morning but I was so busy with all baby stuff I forgot to mention it!
Il have a 6 week check up at doctors anyway I think it's me doing too much and not resting enough but that's been hard x

I had this, the only way I could describe it was as if I'd been kicked inbetween the legs.

My HV said it was due to the swelling going down

It could be symphysis pubis dysfunction while you usually get it during pregnancy it's possible to be fine and then for it to develop after the birth. I had it after the birth but thankfully after a few weeks I mostly felt back to normal xx

I felt the same. After the birth I felt great, but around a week after I could barely walk. I was in tears every day because I could barely get out of bed. Eventually at about 2 weeks PP I went to the doctors and it turns out my labial graze had become very badly infected, she said I was very lucky I caught it when I did or I may have been hospitalised with blood poisoning. I was put on several courses of antibiotics and luckily it cleared up relatively quickly.

I was complaining to DH, family and friends but everyone kept saying "it's normal, you just gave birth", well it definitely wasn't normal and I'm glad I got it checked. Even the midwife missed the signs when I asked why I was in so much pain, she just brushed it off as being normal. The doctor on the other hand knew instantly the moment I walked through the door as she said my skin was grey.

Check your body temp, if it is unusually high or low then it could be a sign of infection.

This happened to me as well - absolutely fine for the first 10 days and then it felt like someone had kicked me in the privates. Couldn't walk, couldn't even stand for long enough to change LO's nappy. Like Summer Rain says, it's a form of SPD; as the pelvis comes back together following birth it can catch on the nerve that supplies this area.

I think it took about 3 weeks for me to feel back to normal. Lots of pain relief and sitting in comfy chairs or lying in bed until that point, which I know is not helpful advice with two other LOs running about!

I would guess that you've probably just done a little too much. Even though you felt fine, remember you have just given birth and your body needs to recover.

I had stitches, but I felt great two days after having my LO. I was hoovering the entire house and running about like a mad woman. Five days PP, I was out christmas shopping for 8 hours. Cut to 9 days PP and I honestly couldn't move. The pain was terrible. I couldn't sit down and even standing or lying down, I could feel throbbing. My wound had become inflamed and I needed antibiotics.

Obviously, you haven't had any stitches but there must still be some swelling and trauma, so I would just take it easy for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->