1 Year on and suffering pain on intercourse

golcarlilly

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Ok I hoped this would not be me but 13 months since I gave birth I am having problems having sex :blush: I had a 3rd degree tear (after an episiotomy with my DD 15 years ago) and was stitched up in theatre under epidural. I initially healed really well with no pain at all but in the last few months have been experiencing tearing (only slight) of my perineum during sex (sorry tmi :blush:) we have bought lube and my DH is being gentle, I saw our locum gp last week and she basically said if I didnt have any bowel or bladder problems after a 3rd degree tear I should be grateful!! I just want to be normal again and enjoy sex again :nope: does anyone have any advice please?

I didn't have a 3rd deg tear, but i did have stches which broke down, and i've just had the refashioning op. I'm of the opinion that if you have pain or any concern then keep going to the doctors and insisting on getting the help you need to feel good about yourself. After my birth the midwife discussed options with me and said that some people get sorted out simply because they don't like how they look, and it afftects their sex life. so i guess if you're in pain too then you'd more than qualify for more than "you're lucky not to have any other issues"... i think they sound pretty rude, especially when sex and stuff down there is not the easiest of things to discuss. if things aren't right, please don't let someones comment think that you're not worth the effort, because that is their job - to make you better. I really hope that you're ok and that you get the help you need - sorry, i seem to have ranted... i hope that it helps a little

all the best

I think you should find a physiotherapist specialized in re-education of the perineum (post-natal therapy). Here in Belgium they offer this as a routine post-natal treatment for everyone and I think it is really helpful and important.

try different positions, and relax the worst thing you can to even if you don't really realise it is to tense up waiting for it to hurt as it makes this worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->