10 days late with AF lasting 1 day...advice needed

JeskaW

Mom of a 3yr old TTC #2
Reaction score
First off hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and I'm not too sure if I'm posting in the right category I just really need some advice. My last regular AF was on May 7th ending in 5 days as usual and I always have a 28-29 day cycle. Well my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 18th, 19th, 20th. AF was due June 3rd or 4th and didn't come so I tested and got a negative. I started feeling weird like mild cramping and really sore and swollen boobs (which the cramping is normal, but the soreness not so much, it hurt to touch them). Well all of that faded and I started to spot on June 13th. I was certain that was AF showing up but I never really bled like normal and it was gone in 3 days, just a little bit of bright red and then brown. I figured I was just having an off period and went about my everyday. Went to a birthday party and had a couple of beers, went home and ended up vommiting horribly! I am a little confused but refuse to test because this is something that we want and I will be heartbroken to get a BFN so I'm just going to wait til I'm due for AF this cycle and see if she shows. It's just odd because I have been experiencing dull pains in my abdomen and slightly sore boobs and that's not normal for me. This would be #2 but since my daughter is almost 4 I don't really remember how I should or shouldn't feel....any advice is appreciated.

Oh by the way, my BF and I also had unprotected sex twice somewhere between when AF was due and the light bleeding started.

First off hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and I'm not too sure if I'm posting in the right category I just really need some advice. My last regular AF was on May 7th ending in 5 days as usual and I always have a 28-29 day cycle. Well my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 18th, 19th, 20th. AF was due June 3rd or 4th and didn't come so I tested and got a negative. I started feeling weird like mild cramping and really sore and swollen boobs (which the cramping is normal, but the soreness not so much, it hurt to touch them). Well all of that faded and I started to spot on June 13th. I was certain that was AF showing up but I never really bled like normal and it was gone in 3 days, just a little bit of bright red and then brown. I figured I was just having an off period and went about my everyday. Went to a birthday party and had a couple of beers, went home and ended up vommiting horribly! I am a little confused but refuse to test because this is something that we want and I will be heartbroken to get a BFN so I'm just going to wait til I'm due for AF this cycle and see if she shows. It's just odd because I have been experiencing dull pains in my abdomen and slightly sore boobs and that's not normal for me. This would be #2 but since my daughter is almost 4 I don't really remember how I should or shouldn't feel....any advice is appreciated.

Oh by the way, my BF and I also had unprotected sex twice somewhere between when AF was due and the light bleeding started.

Hi JeskaW! Welcome honey! Wow, sounds like a possible :bfp: to me but the best way to know is to test again. I know its hard, but you would rather know what's going on with your body. I hope everything is okay and you guys get your little :baby:. I'd call my Dr and just ask and see what she/he recommends. Just for some peace of mind.

WELCOME, and i would say test sounds like you could have had really late implantation bleeding or perhaps ovulated a little later than normal. I would definitely test though the sooner you know the better right. sounds like congrats to me though so let me be the first to tell ya...CONGRATULATIONS

WELCOME, and i would say test sounds like you could have had really late implantation bleeding or perhaps ovulated a little later than normal. I would definitely test though the sooner you know the better right. sounds like congrats to me though so let me be the first to tell ya...CONGRATULATIONS

i havent been tracking so I'm not sure when I ovulated. I looked up an online calculator AFTER I realized I was a little late.

Thank you so much I really hope you are right. Because I am having on and off lower abdominal pains that are nothing like AF. More like a pulling/stretching feeling. If that's makes sense. I am really REALLY scared to test. The only stick I have at home is a clear blue digital. The kind that gives you the weeks and I'm afraid that I might be too early for that one to get a positive.

Hi JeskaW! Welcome honey! Wow, sounds like a possible :bfp: to me but the best way to know is to test again. I know its hard, but you would rather know what's going on with your body. I hope everything is okay and you guys get your little :baby:. I'd call my Dr and just ask and see what she/he recommends. Just for some peace of mind.

Thank you:):) I really hope so too. I called my doctor and made an appointment but he is out of the country til 8/1 so i might just go have blood labs done on my own if AF doesn't show. I do really want to know but I'm really scared and I have stopped taking my daily anxiety/depression meds just incase I am, so I'm hyper sensitive lately :wacko:

Thank you:):) I really hope so too. I called my doctor and made an appointment but he is out of the country til 8/1 so i might just go have blood labs done on my own if AF doesn't show. I do really want to know but I'm really scared and I have stopped taking my daily anxiety/depression meds just incase I am, so I'm hyper sensitive lately :wacko:

Maybe you can go to the ER and say that you are having bad stomach pains and that your period is late. I've done that before to confirm a pregnancy. I know its devious but i couldnt wait until my dr appt either. :winkwink: Be careful starting and stopping any routine meds though.

Maybe you can go to the ER and say that you are having bad stomach pains and that your period is late. I've done that before to confirm a pregnancy. I know its devious but i couldnt wait until my dr appt either. :winkwink: Be careful starting and stopping any routine meds though.

You know I thought about doing that...I think I might do that...if I am would tonight be good to get a positive test? I was told that first morning pee is the one you have to use, and they only do a urine test at the urgent care (my local ER is awful and I don't have a copay to go to the urgent care and can get seen in like 20 min).

i havent been tracking so I'm not sure when I ovulated. I looked up an online calculator AFTER I realized I was a little late.

Thank you so much I really hope you are right. Because I am having on and off lower abdominal pains that are nothing like AF. More like a pulling/stretching feeling. If that's makes sense. I am really REALLY scared to test. The only stick I have at home is a clear blue digital. The kind that gives you the weeks and I'm afraid that I might be too early for that one to get a positive.

hey the only way to tell is to test. after my cp in january i refuse to test until at least as long as i was late with that pregnancy. But you do wanna test soon so that way they can make sure everything is ok. especially if you are this late, if it eases your mind at maybe try waiting a day or two and see af shows and if not test. Please keep me posted.

hey the only way to tell is to test. after my cp in january i refuse to test until at least as long as i was late with that pregnancy. But you do wanna test soon so that way they can make sure everything is ok. especially if you are this late, if it eases your mind at maybe try waiting a day or two and see af shows and if not test. Please keep me posted.

Yes this I know but it's just that I don't think I can handle a BFN haha! I'm a scaredy cat lol. I think I might test in the next few days or so I just have to work up the courage to do so. I guess in my mind since I had a little bleeding back on the 13th that that was my AF so I don't feel like I'm technically late. I hope you are right though because like I said I feel really weird. It's not like normal to still have abdominal discomfort a week after I have my regular period. Especially with a heavy feeling really low in my pelvic area as well. My nipples are really sensitive anymore but my breasts actually kinda itch and are sore here and there...nothing really constant. Idk:( I have also broken out something terrible which isn't really normal either. I feel like a teenager😔

Yes this I know but it's just that I don't think I can handle a BFN haha! I'm a scaredy cat lol. I think I might test in the next few days or so I just have to work up the courage to do so. I guess in my mind since I had a little bleeding back on the 13th that that was my AF so I don't feel like I'm technically late. I hope you are right though because like I said I feel really weird. It's not like normal to still have abdominal discomfort a week after I have my regular period. Especially with a heavy feeling really low in my pelvic area as well. My nipples are really sensitive anymore but my breasts actually kinda itch and are sore here and there...nothing really constant. Idk:( I have also broken out something terrible which isn't really normal either. I feel like a teenager😔

Trust me, I feel you on the not really wanting to know yet thing. I just want to hold on to the symptoms and just be in that stage for a moment. But I had to test earlier today and it was a super faint positive. :shrug: We just have to let time tell I guess. Keep me posted on everything hun. I'm rooting for you!!

Trust me, I feel you on the not really wanting to know yet thing. I just want to hold on to the symptoms and just be in that stage for a moment. But I had to test earlier today and it was a super faint positive. :shrug: We just have to let time tell I guess. Keep me posted on everything hun. I'm rooting for you!!

All of the positive feedback plus you saying you got a positive line makes me want to test right now but I am home alone with my 3 year old and I don't want to load her up and go to the drugstore for a line test because all I have is a digital one...not to mention you are supposed to use your first morning urine so do you think the clear blue digital will pick it up? Especially since I was feeling exhausted and just drank a venti coffee? Maybe I should just wait for the morning after all but I fear my courage will be gone by then. So frustrated.

JeskaW, I just don't want you to stress yourself too much. Try to prop your feet up and relax. Just enjoy this evening with your lo and test in the morning. If you need some encouragement I am praying for you. Its going to be okay. I literally have to just play with my 2 DDs and enjoy that moment just to keep me level headed about it all. Its hard, I know. But we have to be calm and let nature do it's thing. If it's meant for you to take the test in the am, you will. :flower:

JeskaW, I just don't want you to stress yourself too much. Try to prop your feet up and relax. Just enjoy this evening with your lo and test in the morning. If you need some encouragement I am praying for you. Its going to be okay. I literally have to just play with my 2 DDs and enjoy that moment just to keep me level headed about it all. Its hard, I know. But we have to be calm and let nature do it's thing. If it's meant for you to take the test in the am, you will. :flower:

Thank you for your prayers they mean a lot! I wish I could play with lo but she is stuck on her tablet playing games😔 So I'm doing laundry and cleaning trying to keep my mind off of everything but I can't shake this feeling. Especially since all evening I have been having a watery feeling in my throat like I'm gonna get sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->