10 days postpartum, clitoral pain?

ReReKitty

Reaction score
Hey :flower:

I had my beautiful daughter on the 21st :happydance: :cloud9: and with her came along a minimal internal tear. I don't really feel much pain from that at all, other than a pulling itchy sensation when I move around too much. What is really killing me is the bruised feeling in my clitoris. Everything was fine until a couple of days ago, it seems to have swollen and it is very painful! When I walk it feels like so much pressure, I can't even sit down right. I figured the stitches/tear would cause me pain but no. Just my clitoral area. I was catheterized during labor, so I would understand if my urethra was sore or it hurt to urinate. It doesn't at all. It is only the aforementioned area that hurts.

With that said, is it possible I'm allergic to the witch hazel pads or the dermoplast spray? I would relate the pain to the trauma of delivery if it hurt since I gave birth but it has only started the past 3 days. And it is getting worse. I tried to call MW but left a message as nobody answered today. Now it is the weekend and I can't contact her. :( Perhaps the swelling and pain is from delivery, but it just took this long for it to start hurting? I don't know. Anyone else have a similar problem and have any advice? Does every woman who gives birth vaginally get this achey pain? I have tried a gel ice pack, but even the ice pack feels like too much pressure on the painful area. I hope this doesn't last too long! Please help me lol. :haha:

I have this exact pain too and like you it started several days after giving birth so I don't think it's the spray or the pads bothering you. My pain happens when I sit or stand or move into certain positions and I think part of the cause is the pubic bone having trauma to it (as it can separate significantly during delivery) as the nerves of the clitoris are bound up in the same area. I had a look at it and the area does look different to before in the it seems to be slightly swollen generally so I imagine it's a combination of the two. I searched for threads on this when it first started happening and lots of ladies seemed to suffer with the same thing and the general consensus was that it goes on its own after several weeks to a couple of months. I hope it gets better for you soon as it really is a horrible feeling.

Ah you are a genius, I have the pain in my pubic bone and I never would have thought it would cause this pain too. But it makes total sense! Thank you. I feel tons better knowing others have gone through it, it was a semi-embarrassing question to ask and I was terrified I wouldn't get a reply haha. I hope it ends soon, until then I've been using her Boppy pillow as a cushion when I sit down :haha:

No worries! Apparently there is a condition where the pubic bone doesn't go back together completely so if you are still experiencing pain after 6-8 weeks it might be worth seeking medical advice-my mw said it might need a bit of physio to get it 100% back to normal. Mine seems to have improved slightly since the fist couple of weeks so I'm hopeful it will resolve on its own.

I have this too, so thanks for the info! :)

I also have this, and it only appeared about 5/6 days after the birth :shrug: it does hurt in my pubic bone too, so maybe that's it!

Makes me feel better just knowing other people have it too! :) x x

It's just bruising, it will calm down in a few days.

I hope it will calm down soon, as I am struggling to do much as it is soo painful.

i have this too, but also have pain from episotomy and spd.. have good days and bad days. today is a bad day - stuck on the sofa despite co-codamol

I got this on day 10 too, how strange! :D My midwife took a look and she said she thought it was because of the witch hazel. I stopped using it yesterday and today it feels much better.

I got this on day 10 too, how strange! :D My midwife took a look and she said she thought it was because of the witch hazel. I stopped using it yesterday and today it feels much better.

Come to think of it, I feel tons better since I ran out of Tucks pads! Lol go figure. :D I just hope it lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->