10 week old baby sleeping too much??

Sams123

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I know to some of you this may sound ridiculous, but I'm worried my dd is sleeping too much?? She sleeps 10-12 hours at night, then is up for a bottle, awake an hour, then back to sleep for an hour, gets up for 2 hours, sleeps for 2-3 hours, then has a run where she is awake 3-4 hours and has another long nap! She is taking 30oz a fay so I'm bot worried about that and she is growing well, when she is awake she is alert and smiley and interested in her surroundings, and it is posssible to wake her when she's sleeping but she goes straight back to sleep? My friends babies of a similar age seem to be so much more awake I'm worried? Anyones babies the same to reassure me lol?? X

Sounds normal to me? I actually think the 3-4 hour period she has awake late in the day sounds too long for a 10 week old.

Thank you! 2 friends who have babies around the same age seem to think she sleeps a lot and their los are awake all day apart from a 30min nap which was worrying me!

That would be crazy! Sophie was asleep far more than she was awake at 10 weeks. She'd have an awake time of 1.5 hours max before needing a nap. So she'd be up at, say, 6am, asleep again at 7am, up at 9am, asleep by 10:20am, up at 12:30pm, asleep at 2pm, up at 4pm, asleep at 6:30pm, up at 7pm and bed at 8:30pm.

Thank you so much you have made me feel so much better! :) xxx

Hi my 10 week old had started having his last bottle around 8.30 pm and then crys till we out him in his cot. He has started sleeping through waking up at 3.30 some nights or like this morning it was 7am. He had a bottle was awake for 45 minutes then had a nap for about an hour. He's just had a bottle at 11 and just gone back down again. He has awake time around 4ish usually a few hours.

At 10 weeks my daughter couldn't go more than 1.5 hours before needing a nap... I don't think she did a 3-4 hour stretch until 7+ months old.

Sounds like she's doing great, if it's working for you!

My daughter is 10 months old now and sleeps 11-12 hours at night, and 2-3 hours during the day.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"