10 weeks and have to constantly eat to curb morning sickness :/

GlitterStar

Reaction score
I am 10
Weeks pregnant with my 4th child I feel like I need to keep eating it’s the only way to stop me from being sick. I am so worried because of lockdown that I will gain so much weight with this pregnancy because of the eating to stop the sickness... it’s so weird I feel sick and don’t really have an appetite but need to force myself to eat to stop the sickness. I will literally
Be sick if I get hungry which seems to happen a lot in this pregnancy the other problem I have is that I am type 1 diabetic so that is why I fight the urge to be sick. As it ends up causing ketones and then will require a hospital trip. I was a size 8-10 before this and I don’t want to gain to much weight. I eat my breakfast sometimes and it feels like it doesn’t even touch me and I’m just like what do I do? I also need to count carbs when I eat for my insulin ratio otherwise my blood sugars will be through the roof which is also a constant worry.

Guess I just needed a rant and to figure out if anyone else is having to combat morning sickness by eating. It gets worse around dinner time... any suggestions that are low carb or sugar free that won’t harm baby and will not cause massive weight gain would be appreciated. xxxxx

I had the same thing in the first tri with both pregnancies. It's terrible, I'm so sorry you are going through this! And it is even harder with you dealing with type 1 diabetes as well.
I noticed that I usually felt better if I ate a good about of protein and fat along with some carbs, even though the protein usually didn't sound very appetizing.
Also, staying active really helped me feel better. I had to force myself to workout or just go for a walk.
I hope this passes for you soon! For me I think I ended up feeling a lot better by about 13 weeks.

I agree, protein is the way to go. I felt sick and hungry all the time with my twins and protein from meat and peanut butter etc seemed to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->