• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

10 weeks and very scared

morgan89

Reaction score
I officially hit my 10 week mark today and I am seriously on edge. My MMC happened around 9 weeks but went undetected until 13 weeks so I am cautiously optimistic.

This time around my doctor sent me for serial HCG which were all very good and reached 150,000 before we decided to stop testing. I have also seen the heart beat twice first at 6w1d at 108 bpm and second at 8w6d at 176 bpm. Also with the second my growth was exact to the day so all positive.

Somehow even with all of this good feedback I am so scared something will go wrong again. Anyone else feeling the same, any good success stories out there?

Poor Morgan!

Get a Doppler, Hun, since I have mine I feel so much relief when I hear little baby's heartbeat! I am optimistic that your baby is absolutely fine. Big :hugs:

Poor Morgan!

Get a Doppler, Hun, since I have mine I feel so much relief when I hear little baby's heartbeat! I am optimistic that your baby is absolutely fine. Big :hugs:

As terrible as this sounds I am afraid of getting one just in case I don't hear anything, irrational I know.

I know, sometimes I can't find it straight away and I don't like that but I relax for a couple of hours and then I find it.

Not long now and we'll feel movement.

Hope you can relax soon, it is so hard, I am so scared still too but I am trying to stay optimistic for the baby. I am sure it can sense my feelings and happiness is all it should feel!

xx

Congrats on the great results so far!

I know exactly how you feel though. I'm nowhere as far along as you, but I feel the same way. Every tiny little test so far has made me feel 'well yay for today, but it could be disaster tomorrow'. I have an early 5w4d scan to rule out ectopic tomorrow and I'm *terrified*. I'm totally convinced it's all going to go wrong.

*hugs* You're not alone feeling how you do, I'm sorry. I've been one constant panic attack this week and would love to know how to deal!!

I bit the bullet and ordered a Doppler hopefully I will see it today or tomorrow and I will find my babe. I'm a bit concerned because I have a tilted uterus so I'm afraid I won't hear it.

Hey Morgan!

I have a tilted uterus and since a few days ago I can find baby's heartbeat easily.

Make sure you lay down really flat, so your hip ones stick out, for me it works best on an empty stomach - first or last thing of day!

Use lots of the gel, then move the wand in tiny circles just about an inch above your hair line. Good luck and let us know how it went!!! xx

Hey,

I feel the same, I'm also 10 weeks along now, my 12 week scan is on the 23rd and I had a dating scan when I was 6+1 and saw the heartbeat.

My loss was second trip and I'm petrified of getting to my 20 week scan, it's terrifying. Everything becomes scary and your mind just thinks of anything that could happen. My fears are now that something will happen at the 12 week or if I get past that, something at the 20 week scan will show up again.

Once you've had that loss, everything becomes scary. It's such a hard journey. I hope the Doppler works for you, but don't panic if you can't hear the heart beat - like you said before, that's the reason I won't order one!

Good luck xxxxx

Before this pregnancy I had a Mc at 8 weeks which was followed by mmc. My mmc sounds similar to yours. I found out at my 12 week scan that baby had died just before 10 weeks. My scan was on 4th dec 2014 and you posted on 4th Dec 2015 which just made me want to reply to your post even more.

My advice is to try to relax and not worry how things are progressing. I know it's easier said than done but have faith in that little baby growing in you. He or she needs your faith.

I didn't do this (so sorry not great advice). In fact I'm still terrified at almost 36 weeks.
This pregnancy my scan was at 13w1day and from 10 weeks I had convinced myself I has lost my baby. Eventually at 12w4days I rang up my midwife and told her I believed I'd lost the baby. I'd convinced my husband too. So the midwife saw me and we listened for the heartbeat. It took a few minutes but my midwife found a heartbeat and I burst into tears. My midwife started to cry too bless her.

I did get a fetal dipper but I have only used it three times when Ive been in a state of panic.

I'm sure everything will go well for you. Big hugs x I'm sorry for your loss.

Well I got my Doppler on Friday and as I thought I couldn't find the heartbeat. I spent a lot of time looking to the point where my tummy hurt. I tried again Saturday morning and still nothing. I am just going to assume it is too early for me. I heard the wooshing of what I thought was the placenta about 120 bpm. So I can hear something in there just the baby is too small or turned away. I will probably try again in a few days.

When my midwife was looking at 12.5 weeks on her fancy pants doppler she told me many babies can't be found on that at 12 weeks.
What brand of doppler did you get?

I have the sonoline b but today I think I heard it. It registered around 150 bpm and sounded like a train chugging. I hope it was baby. I plan on trying again in a few days to see if it gets louder. Also i have noticed a hard ridge in my lower abdomen above my pubic bone. I assume my uterus popped making it easier to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->