10 Weeks Pregnant and feeling depressed

Dobsd

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm 10 weeks pregnant today and for the last week have been really struggling with how I'm feeling.
I feel constantly low, upset and angry. Everything everybody says or does irritates me. I've never been depressed or even this low before so why is it happening now?
One thing that is contributing and making me feel like this is that I feel like my partner isn't being very supportive. He's carrying on his life going out drinking with his friends, having days and weekends away and I feel, maybe irrationally, that it is comletely unfair as my life seems to have stopped already. I've tried to speak to him about this but he just says that he feels he can do it now because n 7 months he won't be able to. Am I being unreasonable to expect him to understand that I already can't 'carry on as normal'? And that I feel it's unfair of him?

He thinks I'm just being moody and puts it down to the pregnancy. But I feel really down and upset all the time.
Please somebody tell me that this is normal or that these feelings are going to go away :-(

As a pregnant woman waiting on her partner to come home at 2 am, I understand. Anytime I try to bring it up with him I get the; "So Im not allowed to see my friends anymore?" Issue. Which isnt the case. Its the late nights that bother me. I cant go with him; all they do is drink and smoke which just sitting idly by is no fun.

It can get lonely and irritating.
Which is why I frequent this site a lot.

You just got to keep yourself busy and your head held up. Maybe try to address the issue in a new way. To help him understand how youre feeling.

Sorry to hear you are going through this :hugs:

Try to remember though - just as you are going through your changes, the fathers can sometimes go through their own emotional changes and fears. This does not in any way excuse his behavior, but perhaps you both should talk about it and then come up with a happy medium that allows him to get some things out of his system before the baby arrives, while still taking care of your needs.

Best of luck to you!

This is totally normal. This something I go through in all my pregnancies. Basically I just start feeling like I'm really low, can't be bothered with anything and I get really irritated. Your not alone in what your feeling. My oh carries on his normal life to. Going out with friends and stuff. But I'm happy for the peace xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->