11+5, need some early 2nd tri advice...

W8ing4ours

Reaction score
I just posted this in 1st tri, but I really need someone in the 2nd trimester to validate... I felt pretty good until two weeks ago, just a little nausea in the mornings, but now I am sick all day long. I'm not actually throwing up (except this afternoon) but I feel like I am going to throw up ALL day. I struggle with making sure I eat something every 2-3 hours, and if I wait too long, there's no going back. I haven't properly cleaned my house in 6 weeks, haven't done laundry in a week...I just feel like I'm driving everyone nuts. I go to work everyday, but I can't focus, I'm just exhausted and nauseous ALL day long. I can't stand it...I have heard that when the 1st trimester is over it's like a light-switch, and you feel better. I only have one week left until 2nd trimester, anyone out there that can reassure me, that you have felt like this too, and then it just disappeared?

A friend of mine said her doctor told her sometimes ms gets worse around 12 weeks as that's when the hormones are supposed to be at their highest before the placenta takes over (I think). I still have morning sickness every morning and it has actually gotten worse over the past couple of weeks! I used to just throw up first thing in the morning and I'd be over it, but now it seems to be lingering all morning long. My first pregnancy ended at 16 weeks, and with him I was sick all day every day the whole time. At least this time it usually goes away by lunch. I hope you're not like me, because I'm afraid I might have a few more weeks. :(

I didn't have a spot of morning sickness until my 13th week. I have had it 3x now total. I think my tiredness got a little better in the second tri but even hubby says that it upsets him to see me overdoing it by just doing laundry.

I have very bad nausea, which went away at about 12 weeks, and now it's back worse than ever! And yes, my overall energy seems to have come back, however "overdoing it" now consists of going up and down the stairs to do laundry, or doing more than one sink full of dishes (which they are usually piled up)..... It takes a lot less to tire me out than it use to.

It just seems to be a different experience for everyone really. I would say that in the past 2 weeks I have noticed that I have started to feel a little better...but I still would not say that I feel good. I started feeling sick all day long and every day at 6 weeks. At about 12 weeks the all day sickness started to ease up a little bit but the throwing up still happens usually at least once a day and the nausea can hit me at any moment (if I get too tired, if something smells bad, if I get hungry, if I feel bloated. It's triggered so easily). I seem to have halfway ok days and bad days now. The bad days I feel like I did at 9 weeks and am throwing up twice a day and gross all day, but the ok days I just feel queasy on and off throughout the day. So while it has gotten a little better, it definitely hasn't gone away for me yet and is still a struggle.

I know what you mean about not being able to get things done. I've started to get a little more energy, but I'll do one thing and I'll be completely worn out and in need of a nap after. I haven't been at all useful around the house for the past 2 months. My husband is really helpful but things just aren't getting done the way that they would be if I was able to help more and it's driving me crazy. Hang in there! Here's to hoping we both get that energy/good feeling soon! :hugs:

didnt want to read and run ive never really had any MS this pregnancy (ive ben sick twice)
but i have had extreme tierdness i have to drag myself up off the sofa to do the slightest task which is also supposed to subside in the second tri...........im still waiting?

My morning sickness comes and goes. It's nearly gone now. My appetite is touchy still though.

aww hun, iknow how you feel i felt like this aswell i was never actually sick just nauseated ALL day long and everything suffered because of it, my housework, my poor 5year old :( but mine dissapeared at 14 weeks thank god :) i still get mega tired though and cant focus some days without a nap :haha: i hope you start feeling better soon xx

I do think that everyone is different, I personally had the tiredness and severe cramps in first tri - with the nausea coming on in the second trimester - I am sorry I can't reassure you, but I do know exactly how you feel xxx

I'm still feeling lime you do now and I'm nearly 25 weeks! I have no life in me what so ever. Everyone is different, I've had my good days since being in second tri. But the tireness is a killer for me, and I'm still sick. I certainly wasn't this bad in 2nd tri with my other pregnancies. Xx

You guys are the best! Thank you so much for all the replies. Today I felt pretty good after lunch for a good 2 hours, and that seems like a lot to me! Well, I DO know that feeling this bad means my hormones are going crazy and the baby is probably doing wonderfully, so at least I can hold on to that thought! Can't wait to see LO on Monday (13 wk scan), it feels like FOREVER since my 6 week scan when all I could see was what looked like a little piece of rice. Somehow, seeing a "real" baby in there feels like it will help me a lot. Again, thanks for all the support, this blog means a lot to me...

:hugs:

I'm still having good and bad days.

I felt great for about 2 weeks, then all of the sudden I'll have a really bad day (nauseous, super tired and can't focus on anything)

Doesn't help now that I've come down with some sort of spring cold and feel like I did back at 8 weeks!

I totally felt like all you said. Then it went away. About 15 weeks for me though. I didn't do a thing cause I didn't feel good. It gets better!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->